We need 25% run speed on Dragonhunter.

in Guardian

Posted by: Troma.3250

Troma.3250

I mean, seriously. It should be mandatory.

And lower CDs on DH virtues.

I’m sure that my fellow guardians friends agree and do not feel it would be too much !

co-founder of Grand Cross Alliance
General of Grand Cross Knights [GCK]
www.grandcross.fr/codex-gck

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

We’ve been asking for one for years now. Anet’s deadset on not giving us one.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

I agree with the run speed, it should replace one of the minor traits.

As for Virtues i think some of the talents in the Virtue trait line should be made baseline, for example ‘Inspired Virtue’. The Virtue traitline needs a revamp considering the new DH Virtues have cast-times and other clashing problems.

I think the cooldown on them is okay, but i would like to see the passive effects remain even once activated. This would make some Traits viable and open up some more interesting builds/gameplay.

in Guardian

Troma.3250

We’ve been asking for one for years now. Anet’s deadset on not giving us one.

Yup totally, but it’s even more important for a ranged archer now !

in Guardian

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

I mean, seriously. It should be mandatory.

And lower CDs on DH virtues.

I’m sure that my fellow guardians friends agree and do not feel it would be too much !

We are rooted to the spot by our abilities constantly so we wont notice a 25% speed increase :P.

Jokes aside, yeah I would welcome a 25% speed increase.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

+1 for OP, at least about the speed thing.

I find it telling that the default armor you’re given as a DragonHunter (in Beta) had Traveler runes on them. :p Granted, its a Celestial set, but still…

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

in Guardian

Posted by: AWACS.6537

AWACS.6537

I agree, Dragonhunter seems like a skirmisher, with long ranged attacks and close range traps. However, it is quite hard to do this with a slow movement speed, and requires positioning for both your traps and a firing position. On top of that, since a couple of the skills root you, it will take longer to position yourself. I mean, you could just run up to the enemy and drop them at their feet, but it is counter intuitive to the ideas of traps, the bow, and the traits of the Dragonhunter.

No.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Get rid of the useless renewing Justice passive trait with Defender’s Dogma.
Give us +25% run speed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Seod.7924

Seod.7924

Agreed, Dragon hunter should have a 25% movement speed.
If Mesmers can with Chrono, why not DH ?

I get it, Chronomancer plays with time, but then again, i can’t imagine a slow person fighting a dragon. You need to be agile and move around, unless you want your face melted.

That’s how i see it lol.

Also, right now, guardians/DH are the only ones without a speed buff, either by trait or utility, seems unfair.

in Guardian

Posted by: baroi.3264

baroi.3264

Defender’s Dogma: You move 25% faster. When you block an attack you gain 3s of swiftness.

Our last dream! <3

Subdrop

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Agreed, Dragon hunter should have a 25% movement speed.
If Mesmers can with Chrono, why not DH ?

I get it, Chronomancer plays with time, but then again, i can’t imagine a slow person fighting a dragon. You need to be agile and move around, unless you want your face melted.

That’s how i see it lol.

Also, right now, guardians/DH are the only ones without a speed buff, either by trait or utility, seems unfair.

becouse game is about mobility and max output damage, and guardian is ment to loose if plays outside GS Medi/shout build (outside this build u have the guardian leecher builds).

Support < control < DPS

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Troma.3250

I totally agree Seod, even druid has 33% permaspeed out of combat and 25% in.

Baroi: excellent idea ! Should definitly be this.

in Guardian

Posted by: Terimac.5871

Terimac.5871

I will not play dragon hunter without a movement speed trait.

in Guardian

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

we have several terrible minor traits on DH I would be fine if they replaced one with a speed trait. then I could use something other than travelers. and it would fit the theme of DH too.

I’m still ok with it not being on base guardian though.

in Guardian

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

25% movement speed while wielding a longbow. Just attach it to Pure of Sight minor trait. That way DH isn’t like… ok i need DH bc i need the movement speed…you also need to use the longbow. is fair.

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

in Guardian

Posted by: merchantchuck.4875

merchantchuck.4875

25% movement speed while wielding a longbow. Just attach it to Pure of Sight minor trait. That way DH isn’t like… ok i need DH bc i need the movement speed…you also need to use the longbow. is fair.

if you want to spec into dragon hunter because of some of the other benefits you shouldnt be forced to use the longbow if you dont want to. We should be able to access a movement speed buff without being tied down to a weapon type.

in Guardian

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Give us +25% run speed.

Useless, are you bleeping kidding???

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Guardian

Posted by: Unknown.3976

Unknown.3976

Give us +25% run speed.

Useless, are you bleeping kidding???

yes, Defender’s Dogma is worthless, unless you’re using a aegis/block-heavy DH; DH are meant to be selfish pricks kiting enemies from afar, this trait is anti-thematic to the DH.

in Guardian

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

One of the big reasons I dont find DH worth it.

Stella Truth Seeker

in Guardian

Posted by: caerulean.4837

caerulean.4837

Since launch I’ve always felt like the base guardian and mesmer should have a way to get at least 25% move speed ooc, since all 7 other professions have that. Even when revealing the herald, they acknowledged the player’s desire/need for perma swiftness. With the recent changes to mesmer’s temporal curtain and singet of inspiration they get perma swiftness, and with chronomancer they get a minor trait that gives them a passive 25% move speed. Seems like guardians are the only ones missing out now.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Maybe we’ll get a trait like that in another spec. Probably a Zealot/Inquisitor theme similar to Berserker. Rolling around the battlefield and stuff.

But DH? No, we don’t need it now.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Definitely.

It should be fairly obvious that being ranged is pretty useless without any degree of mobility. If they were giving this any thought. If…

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

Posted by: Isarii.2804

Isarii.2804

Definitely.

It should be fairly obvious that being ranged is pretty useless without any degree of mobility. If they were giving this any thought. If…

Given a lot of the decisions that went into this elite specialization so far, that seems like a big if.

Still, Karl has made a lot of great changes since the original iteration and it’s clear he’s listening to what the community wants. This is something everyone wants (except Ghotistyx, apparently, but he’s a well known troll), so I really hope Karl will see the light on how absurd it is that the Dragonhunter is forced to use Runes of the Traveller if they want to be on the same level as basically every other class.

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

(except Ghotistyx, apparently, but he’s a well known troll)

I’ve noticed a trend in people that cannot comprehend that others have a different opinion than they. It usually involves them resorting to petty insults.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Corelion.7460

Corelion.7460

(except Ghotistyx, apparently, but he’s a well known troll)

I’ve noticed a trend in people that cannot comprehend that others have a different opinion than they. It usually involves them resorting to petty insults.

you reap what you sow…

in Guardian

Treeoflife.4031

if you want to spec into dragon hunter because of some of the other benefits you shouldnt be forced to use the longbow if you dont want to. We should be able to access a movement speed buff without being tied down to a weapon type.

Everything Anet tries to do is a give and take. If they just put 25% speed in DH with no conditions Dragon Hunter will be a 100% necessity then you are not running w/e you want, you are running DH because you need the speed forsaking other trait lines. Its not likely for them to just give it to us. Warriors have a trait that give them movement speed when running mele weapons…what if i wanted to run LB Rifle on war but want the speed? oh you can’t. Oh you play ele but don’t want to run arcana or water lines?…then you will not survive. I am being realistic here and trying to offer a solution that does not put us in the ele trait line situation and also put us on par with a warrior trait that works already. Go ahead run what you want but there will always be a give and take. It’s childish to just say you want it but are unwilling to give anything up. Offer a better idea if you dont like mine but just saying you want it will have a dev look at the thread see nothing other than people complaining and not look into it again.

~Glitch

(edited by Treeoflife.4031)

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

If Dragonhunter gets a 25% speed trait we will literally never hear the end of it that the line is now MANDATORY for playing in a Guard in [insert your favorite play mode here].

I’m not saying I wouldn’t enjoy “+25% speed while you have a longbow readied” as a mirror to the Warrior getting +25% while they have melee weapons readied but I don’t see even something as limited as that happening when they are so clearly pushing towards DH maintaining position advantage through cripples.

I’d love to be wrong, but it’s just not the way the wind is blowing.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Guardian

Treeoflife.4031

@Nike
Right now in PvP…DH can bunker a point and doesnt necessarily need the speed boost. In WvW larger groups you should be running staff anyways and speed shouldnt be an issue. For roaming the speed would be nice otherwise you need traveler or speed runes to be worth anything. for PvE i agree other than map completion you shouldnt need it? I Think the DH roamer could be strong with the speed buff. in PvP it could make the DH a strong decap/ mobile killshot. in larger PvP maps it takes so long to get to the point you only real option is to play bunker. the speed boost overall would be a quality of life thing possibly opening up new play styles for the DH. please correct me if im wrong.

~Glitch

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

If Dragonhunter gets a 25% speed trait we will literally never hear the end of it that the line is now MANDATORY for playing in a Guard in [insert your favorite play mode here].

I’m not saying I wouldn’t enjoy “+25% speed while you have a longbow readied” as a mirror to the Warrior getting +25% while they have melee weapons readied but I don’t see even something as limited as that happening when they are so clearly pushing towards DH maintaining position advantage through cripples.

I’d love to be wrong, but it’s just not the way the wind is blowing.

Would an argument to the contrary help? Even with a movespeed bonus, I still don’t plan on touching DH.

in Guardian

Nike.2631

Would an argument to the contrary help? Even with a movespeed bonus, I still don’t plan on touching DH.

Trust me, you’ve long since blacklisted yourself on all matters DH. It could have a literal ‘I WIN’ button for sPvP and a ‘click here for 50 gold’ skill with a one minute cooldown and no one reading the forum regularly would expect you to play a Dragonhunter .

in Guardian

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

thumbs up.
It always bothered me the fact the guardians are forced into traveler runes.

norn warrior

in Guardian

Posted by: Tungsten Monarch.6058

Tungsten Monarch.6058

Celestial and traveler runes, it works.

in Guardian

Treeoflife.4031

No one is saying that traveler runes dont work. but… 25% movement without travelers would be a nice change of pace…literally. for guardian.

~Glitch

in Guardian

Nike.2631

I’ll miss my Traveler runes, because If I’m running more than one trap on my DH Runes of the Trapper are entirely too much fun.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

I’m also down for the 25% movement buff, as guardians are currently the only class who dont have this even with elite specs (chronos got it).
I’d also like to see guardian get super speed when they have someone tethered with the spear, kinda like marking a target to chase or take down. They are hunters after all, they should be “on the hunt”.

in Guardian

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I been asking for DH to get this since the very first beta.

Now everyone’s finally okay with it. I hate you guys. xD

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

/signed I’m tired of Traveler Runes just to not be a truck on a highway

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in Guardian

ArchonWing.9480

The complaints come from a lack of options.

A lot of people would claim +movement speed is mandatory is in certain contexts, given the popularity of traveler runes, some posts in this very thread, and many more in this subforum. So the complaints are already to no end and two options would be better than one. And furthermore, it’s not like traveler runes or retreat or whatever is going away.

It is my opinion that the game has changed a lot, and guardian should be updated to adapt to it, as the power creep has been significant.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Guardian

Nike.2631

A lot of people would claim +movement speed is mandatory is in certain contexts, given the popularity of traveler runes, some posts in this very thread, and many more in this subforum. So the complaints are already to no end and two options would be better than one.

It is my opinion that the game has changed a lot, and guardian should be updated to adapt to it, as the power creep has been significant.

While the creep is real — because new options will always combine to create new possibilities in complex combinational systems — if +25% speed and blue-white flame are ever to be found in the same place I’d rather it be in the core lines rather than walled behind an Espec because with all 6 gods as my witness if it’s not we’re just gonna see “MUST HAVE 25% SPEED!!” every third post the next time a new Guardian spec is being developed…

in Guardian

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

I completely agree that Dragonhunter NEEDS some sort of movement speed increase mainly because if you’re using longbow, it’s a ranged spec.. Whether that’s access to more swiftness or 25%. Furthermore, after looking at the traits, it seems adding 25% increase movement speed would make a lot of sense on Zealot’s Aggression as it cripples enemies therefore you can have access to cripple and speed. This would also not benefit Trapper Guardians as much as they’d have to pick between Hunters Determination or 25% movement speed and of course bunkers wouldnt benefit as well as they would want the Bulwark trait.

in Guardian

ArchonWing.9480

A lot of people would claim +movement speed is mandatory is in certain contexts, given the popularity of traveler runes, some posts in this very thread, and many more in this subforum. So the complaints are already to no end and two options would be better than one.

While the creep is real — because new options will always combine to create new possibilities in complex combinational systems — if +25% speed and blue-white flame are ever to be found in the same place I’d rather it be in the core lines rather than walled behind an Espec because with all 6 gods as my witness if it’s not we’re just gonna see “MUST HAVE 25% SPEED!!” every third post the next time a new Guardian spec is being developed…

Again, the way I see it, we’re already seeing “must have +25% speed”

People are going to complain regardless of what’s being done or not done; I don’t think that’s an excuse to do nothing, honestly. It is of course, fine, if you don’t see a problem.

in Guardian

Nike.2631

Again, the way I see it, we’re already seeing “must have +25% speed”

People are going to complain regardless of what’s being done or not done; I don’t think that’s an excuse to do nothing, honestly. It is of course, fine, if you don’t see a problem.

I just see a different problem. If we get it in the Dragonhunter line (and believe me I’d do a little happy dance for the sheer glee in the short term) we’re gonna have this fight all over again when the Paragon is put up for testing, and again when the Confessor is being revealed, and again when the Soulkeeper appears, and again with each and every Guardian Espec they release until the servers go dark. Because once you get a taste of it, it will be very hard to give it up.

…Or they could work it into one of the 5 base lines and never have to have the discussion again .

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

No, what we need is an actual CC on the longbow that isn’t a 5 sec self root that hits exactly 0 non AI things or a 10 sec CD RNG knockback.

Oh and instant activation virtues.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Guardian

Posted by: JuliannS.4570

JuliannS.4570

HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO HUNT DRAGONS IF WE’RE SUPER SLOW?!?!

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

You set a trap and aggro them to you?

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Soryuju.8164

Soryuju.8164

Rather than see it worked into DH or an existing traitline, I’d like the devs rework one of our useless Signet passives into a +25% movespeed bonus. Maybe Signet of Wrath, so you get the movespeed on passive and Immobilize on active, turning the Signet into a great anti-kiting tool. Maybe also add some sort of bonus utility to the active while you’re at it, since a single Immobilize on a moderate cooldown wouldn’t do a whole lot in open-world PvE, which is one of the two game modes where a permanent mobility boost is most desirable. You’d just have to balance the effect with the Wrath of Justice trait in mind.

Some reasoning:

Putting a movespeed bonus on a Signet would promote one of our underused utility types without forcing the Guardian to pick up yet another “essential” trait line, or forcing us even more deeply into Valor or Virtues, if that’s where it ended up. It wouldn’t wall off our movespeed boost behind an Elite spec, and it would be easy to switch out on the fly if you were in a situation where you didn’t need it (no Hero Panel required).

That said, mobility is traditionally a Guardian weakness, so there has to be some opportunity cost for a buff like this. I think putting 25% movespeed on a Signet also addresses this issue, because Guardian utility slots are at a premium in most builds, and a Signet dedicated to mobility/CC costs you one of them. This would prevent a movespeed bonus from just becoming a free buff for existing builds. I could definitely see it being splashed into Meditation builds, but you’re either giving up a great source of sustain (Smite Condition), one of your best engages and a stun break (Judge’s Intervention), or a critical defense against conditions/stun break (Contemplation of Purity). I think bunker specs would still prefer Retreat and Staff for mobility, so otherwise, I don’t think too much would change in PvP. The DH’s new options for healing and condition cleanse could potentially create a good opening for it in a Medi build, but looking at how some of the other elite specs performed this weekend, I don’t really see that being a major balance concern just yet.

My two cents. Anyone see any major issues with this approach to mobility?

in Guardian

Posted by: casius van.5186

casius van.5186

Except signet of wrath is used on burn guard builds, replacing the condi damage increase with move speed would be a knock to burn guards while benefiting other guard builds. Maybe tweek your idea replace the highly disregarded signet trait to apply speed bonus while a signet is equipped, and just ensure its non stacking.

Super speed guards would be so reviled it would be hilarious to read forums after lol.

in Guardian

Posted by: Soryuju.8164

Soryuju.8164

Except signet of wrath is used on burn guard builds, replacing the condi damage increase with move speed would be a knock to burn guards while benefiting other guard builds. Maybe tweek your idea replace the highly disregarded signet trait to apply speed bonus while a signet is equipped, and just ensure its non stacking.

Super speed guards would be so reviled it would be hilarious to read forums after lol.

I’ve never seen a Burn Guard in PvP or WvW run Signet of Wrath, so are you talking about the burn build for PvE dungeons?

If we’re talking PvP situations, then Purging Flames, Smite Condition, Contemplation of Purity, and Judge’s Intervention are all much higher priorities for utility slots, and even if I’m passing on some of those for a free slot, I’m definitely going to go for Stand Your Ground before more passive damage. Signet of Wrath isn’t really even in the race.

If we’re talking about the PvE dungeon build, I was under the impression that Signet of Wrath was only used if you had a free utility slot with nothing better to run, and that the burn build in general isn’t well-represented because it’s hard to gear for and because Zerker is generally better DPS anyways.

The problem with tying the movespeed buff to a trait line is that it reinforces more “mandatory” traits for Guardians, so putting it on the Signet trait is a no-go unless you’re going to create a similar movespeed trait for every line (and let’s be real, that’s never going to happen). WvW roaming builds on Guardian would basically be locked into Radiance, Valor, and Virtues, in addition to having a utility slot locked for a Signet. That’s a massive blow to build diversity in that game mode when diversity already isn’t that great to begin with.

Shaving some optional DPS off a niche PvE build that only uses Signet of Wrath when there’s nothing more useful seems like a much less painful trade for the profession as a whole, and maybe something could be done with the Signet’s active effect to compensate (e.g. applies a buff that gives +~10% damage and condition damage for ~8-10 seconds after using SoW, for something simple that benefits more builds and synergizes with the Immobilize?).

I don’t feel like changing Signet of Wrath is a major loss for Burn Guardians, and our Signet passives as a whole need to be revisited, so killing two birds with one stone like this makes sense to me.

in Guardian

Nike.2631

HAVE YOU SEEN HOW (not) FAST DRAGON CHAMPIONS ARE?

()

in Guardian

Nike.2631

Could we maybe swap out the un-loved Radiant Retaliation for~

• Unscathed Mobility. gain +25% speed while under the affects of Aegis.

Making it a grandmaster trait might reflect how very badly we wantses it!