We need a passive Speed Signet!

in Guardian

Posted by: Genocide.4506

Genocide.4506

If I were to change a certain signet * cough* Signet of Wrath * cough* to change passive to 25% speed same as thieves and rangers please do… I know alot of guardians don’t run with staff and retreat would understand this…..

Blackgate thief :)

in Guardian

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

If we’re doing this.. might as well strip the speed passives on all classes and just buff regular movement speed.. get my drift?..

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

in Guardian

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

Tell me about it. hate being forced to use a staff just to move around the world like most every other class.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sndhatch.6907

Sndhatch.6907

I would be perfectly happy using staff and retreat, except Anet intentionally broke swiftness staking on staff a long time ago

in Guardian

Posted by: Loxsus.3841

Loxsus.3841

I think between staff, save yourself, and retreat, we’re fine. Personal opinion.

in Guardian

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

Guardian is probably the last class in the game that should get a move speed signet.

Maid Of The Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: Jakkson.4076

Jakkson.4076

Why not do that and give us some stealth too!

As previously stated…boon duration runes with Retreat and staff 3 is plenty already…

Don’t hate the player hate the game

in Guardian

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

I think between staff, save yourself, and retreat, we’re fine. Personal opinion.

Agree…we’re plenty fast. Mostly I run, Hammer & Mace / Shield shout guardian in wvw. Traited for 20% less on shout cd’s. I get around just fine.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

(edited by Raf.1078)

in Guardian

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

We also have a wtf pwn 1200 range teleport. That helps a lot already

in Guardian

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Guards do NOT need a passive speed buff. I already get between 10 and 11.5 seconds swiftness out of every 12. That’s fine.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

yeah… as much as our mobility is crap outside of a horrible utility and a support weapon, I would much prefer some snares so we might be actually able to kill something while roaming every once and a while.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Tobeyeus.9376

Tobeyeus.9376

Personally I would prefer another Virtue. I do think giving Signet of Wrath passive movement speed would be great, but I also agree that if we gave Guardians passive movement speed then Mesmers, Engineers and Warriors would need it also. Plus it also forces you to give up a Utility slot.

I would prefer if we got Virtue of Celerity added as our F4 and its passive gave 15% movement speed to all nearby allies. Active would cure Immobilize, Cripple and Snare to all allies. The passive would give allies the option to not take the 25% movement speed Signet and it would give solo Guardians some roaming potential. The lower value would also not threaten those with Signets.

Inspired Virtue would have to give Speed Boost like that of Engineers. This would give Guardians a charge or flee tool.

in Guardian

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Yes, change there damage reduction signet to movement speed please.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Guardian

Bash.7291

…. No, hell no, you leave the damage reduction signet alone, that thing is amazing. 10% straight damage reduction, retal on allies and weakness on enemies on use on a short cd… I do not believe there is a better signet in the game other than maybe warrior elite which has a useless passive.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Wow, that was a terrible suggestion Daecollo.

How about changing the Wrath signet to a boon signet? Either maybe a flat % bonus to all boons on the guardian in general or a bonus to duration. Active could be boon rip.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Posted by: Kiijj.3594

Kiijj.3594

I think you meant the condition damage one?

Signet Passive: + run speed
Signet Active: Snares target; lose run speed bonus.

Nirmu 80 Guardian [GC]
Nirmuu 80 Warrior [GC]

in Guardian

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I’d be all for having a passive movement speed increase on a signet. It’s a pain not having permanent swiftness and trying to keep up with your group in wvw as it seems as if everyone has a constant speed boost.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

To be honest, I don’t think Guardian need a passive speed signet, but every other profession should have their passive speed removed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Actually, they do. Yes you can rune for boon duration or take Retreat, SY + a staff… The latter which i actually do but if you do any other build/setup you cannot keep up with the zerg and other professions do not have this disadvantage.

That said, there are 2 more issues that need to be fixed before this, scepter auto + zeal trait line. Much much much more important.

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

in Guardian

Posted by: SlowFiveOhh.2359

SlowFiveOhh.2359

I disagree. I don’t believe the heavy classes should get a passive speed signet. Just medium and light classes.

in Guardian

Bash.7291

Actually, they do. Yes you can rune for boon duration or take Retreat, SY + a staff… The latter which i actually do but if you do any other build/setup you cannot keep up with the zerg and other professions do not have this disadvantage.

That said, there are 2 more issues that need to be fixed before this, scepter auto + zeal trait line. Much much much more important.

I only ever need staff to keep up with a zerg, and sometimes not even that. Most zergs are pretty good at keeping up swiftness on people. The key is making sure not to end up in a tail of the leading commander.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

(edited by Bash.7291)

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I only ever need staff to keep up with a zerg, and sometimes not only that. Most zergs are pretty good at keeping up swiftness on people. The key is making sure not to end up in a tail of the leading commander.

^ This

I’ve never had a need for a speed signet.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

I just read it and I’m shocked a little bit. Do not be offended, but …
Anyone who whines that guardian need (REALY NEED) speed signet, and even more so that the guardian(!) utility(!) is crap(!) (OMG) and ask to change the 10% damage reduction on speed signet of (what you smoking there?) – In my personal opinion – curved handed noob. Play another class, I beg you. You understood nothing that Guardian good at.

in Guardian

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

To be honest, I don’t think Guardian need a passive speed signet, but every other profession should have their passive speed removed.

As a guardian and mesmer player, i’m totally in for this
(My sig says i play thief but i usually take him out about once a month, get bored and switch back to my other classes)