Weapon Traits Are kinda....meh

in Guardian

Posted by: Marlafox.8715

Marlafox.8715

Guardian weapon traits as whole do not do anything other than add damage or lower recharge rate of skills. Outside of two handed mastery (which I am pretty sure doesn’t apply to underwater weapons I could be wrong though) most of our weapon traits are terrible.

Weapon Traits Zeal:
Greatsword Power: 5% damage very lackluster and very uncreative. Take Zealous Blade on top of the 5% damage that is master trait right there.
Scepter Power: 5% damage…..I have said before just giving a weapon 5% power is lazy. Change it to Mystic Knight: Scepter and Staff auto attacks now cause 5 seconds of vulnerability and they each gain 300 yards/meters/feet on their respective auto attacks.
Focused Mastery: 20% reduction on focus skills. Either move it to the adept level or When blocking with a focus your target becomes blind for 3seconds.
Zealous Blade: TERRIBLE GRANDMASTER TRAIT NOT ONLY AS A GRANDMASTER TRAIT IT ONLY AFFECTS ONE WEAPON ITS HEALING IS VERY MINOR AND IS NOT AFFECTED BY HEALING GEAR. As Grandmaster trait it should affect more than one weapon the trait in radiance Right Handed Strength affects all one handed weapons which good. Zealous Blade should be renamed Avenger’s Rush: 50% Chance on Critical with a Two-handed Weapon (including spear and trident) you grant up to five allies (including yourself) the following boons Stability Fury and Protection for ten seconds on a 30second cool down.
Weapon Traits Radiance:
Radiant Flame: 15% torch skill reduction. Just add when you burn your target while uses a torch skill they become dazed for ¼ of second.
Powerful Blades: Sword and Spear damage increased by 5%. -_-. Zealots Defense now protects in a 360 degree bubble against projectiles. Every projectile reflected causes 8 seconds of vulnerability.
(NEW) Underwater Zealot: Spear has a 20% chance to cause immobilize for 3 seconds. Trident’s auto attack now has a 30% chance to remove a boon from enemies and a condition from an ally.
Right Handed Strength: Fine as is.
Weapon traits Valor:
Mace of Justice: 5% damage makes me a sad panda. The mace is our defensive weapon its weapon trait should reflect that. 30% chance on hit to grant allies (including you) Protection for 3 seconds.
Glacial Heart: Our only “snare” at the 50% chance on critical to chill the target for 4 seconds……and the kicker it is on a 45second cool down! Just….wow. How about something more like Guardian’s Rage: 50% chance on critical to gain 4 seconds of quickness on a 50 second cool down. And if you swap your weapon you lose quickness
Honorable Shield: 90 toughness and 20% cool down reduction on shield skills. Unimaginative, since a shield is normally is used for blocking attacks the trait should reflect that aspect of the shield. I do like our shield skills and do not wish them changed with the focus ones. However, instead of 90 toughness I myself maybe some members of the community would enjoy something more along the lines of, when swapping to the shield in combat you gain aegis for 10seconds with a 20second cool down with the 20% reduction on shield skills.
Weapon traits Honor:
Two-handed Mastery: Fine as Is.
If anyone sees that some of these skills are over powered in anyway please respectably post. Or you have your own suggestions of how to make out weapon traits better please post =)

in Guardian

Posted by: AbsintheMinded.4609

AbsintheMinded.4609

tl;dr Wall of Text

but I agree, I think 75% of our traits are boring, lackluster, or need to be merged.

in Guardian

Posted by: Polle.6908

Polle.6908

I do think the problem with some of these weapon traits is that while they’re not useless, they’re simply uninspired and not very fun at all. Also since the extra damage isn’t counted in your stats, it confuses alot of people.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

Traits that offer flat increases are stupid. They’ll never turn a bad weapon into a good one or improve a good weapon in a meaningful manner. If Greatswords are meant to do 5% more damage, just give them that damage baseline.
Traits are fun, but only if they change the way you play, or improve your playstyle in an interesting way.

“Come on, hit me!”