Weapons - A New Look

Weapons - A New Look

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Compiled weapon stats using steady weapons in the mists without any traits/armor on. Results are interesting:

Weapon
Damage / Hits / Average Per Hit / Damage with Burning

Staff
256 / 9 / 28 / 670

Staff (with might)
376 / 9 / 42 / 704

Greatsword (not counting binding blade dot)
503 / 24 / 21 / 1815

Greatsword (with binding blade dot)
2103 / 24 / 88 / 3415

Hammer
376 / 9 / 42 / 704

Scepter (auto firing 1 for duration of smite)
273 / 13 / 21 /929

Mace (with block damage)
313 / 8 / 39 / 641

Sword
258 / 14 / 18 / 914

Torch (9s burn from torch 4)
160 / 10 / 16 / 3768

Torch (activating burst from torch 4, 3 sec burn and direct damage)
274 / 11 / 25 / 1914

Focus (explosion from focus 5 timing out)
121 / 3 / 40 / 121

Shield
38 / 1 / 38 / 38

Interesting bits of this are that staff with might buff does an equivalent amount of damage as hammer does. Staff and Hammer both have high damage per hit and are good for short duration bursts of damage but not sustained damage.

Greatsword has a large amount of small hits but does the most damage not counting torch off hand combined with 1-handers. Against retaliation/confusion , greatsword will hurt the user a lot.

Focus has good “burst” damage if you can let the block time out for an explosion.

Mace is a heavy hitter but bad dps over time

Scepter is the most damaging 1-hander, combined with torch you will get the best damage over time.

As far as accurately assessing “DPS” these need to factor in time to attack, which this does not. Scepter may do the most damage but it takes approximatly 10 seconds for it to complete an attack. Other less damaging weapons could get more hits in during that time resulting in more damage in the course of a fight.

Burning damage takes effect every 5 strikes, so weapons with multiple strikes gain more benefit out of condition damage. Is it worth it to stack condition damage on fast hitting weapons versus power? Initial looks make that idea look promising.

If I have the will power/time to do more testing and math later I’ll figure out the dps differences.

Weapons - A New Look

in Guardian

Posted by: Schakal.6091

Schakal.6091

I don’t get it. Maybe I’m just stupid, maybe the info is just missing or you thought it was obvious. Are these stats for X seconds of attacking? A specific skill rotation?

The internet is for Norn

Weapons - A New Look

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

single trigger “burst” of damage. As I stated at the end if you were to factor in cooldowns and durations you would get different numbers. Steady weapons have low damage with no high/low end so it does “steady damage”. This removes variations in the damage results and shows you how the weapon performs.

the stats show:
-total damage for every attack skill triggering only once(not counting scepter or staff as they do not have a chain attack so it is the 1 ability triggered three times as if it was a chain)
-total number of hits that struck the target to account for how many burning conditions would apply
-Damage divided by hits to show what all the abilities combined would do as an average per a hit on that weapon
-Burning damage and weapon damage together based on number of hits in the attack chain

Weapons - A New Look

in Guardian

Posted by: Schakal.6091

Schakal.6091

Gotcha, thank you.

The internet is for Norn