What Ascended armor stats for guard?

in Guardian

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

I have to make a choice concerning this and i’m not going to do 1 more armor since it’s very very very very expensive just for 1 insignia, so what would be the best stats for the guardian? I was thinking of Soldier to run smoother everything from Fractals to WvW, i don’t know about cleric but healing power is terrible and not really useful unless the group is not very good at dodging, i already have a Berserker set that i always use in Arah since the bosses aren’t cheap (except maybe Alphard and buggy Belka since last week….) but it’s nearly useless when doing large world events such as world bosses.

in Guardian

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Healing power is the base of the guardian main role. The guardian isn’t really a Bunker, it’s more like a Healer.
You survive more longer not because you’ve the highest hp of the game (why the guardian’s hp is the same amount of the ele… XD) or because your ability to reduce damage is highly than the other classes (you can see the warrior immunity to damage for 16 sec!!!).
You’re the best bunker because you’re a healer supporter!!!! :-D
Yes, that s***ks.

If you want to play it as a berserker you can obtain a very high damage, but if you want a very high damage you can play a warrior and deal the double of damage.
If you want a bunker class that resist and deal damage, play a warrior whit banners and axe+shield. Or a engi, or a necro.

The Idea of the Guardian is: a mageknight whit healing power and support ability.
Very low hp, very high healing ability and defensive support skills.

I play it in Soldier and I like it very much. But I’m not the guardian a party can desire. I’m only able to remove conditions and give some buffs, but I don’t use healing skills.

The perfect guardian is a bunker whit mace+focus/shield and staff, that heal itself whit simbols, virtues, regen, ally buffs and rune that give condi remove on shouts or regen.

You can play it like a mid-class, like a berserker, like a condition damager. But it’s best work is to keep allyes alive.

P.s. I’ve try a healing guardian in wvsw an I survive good in front of the doors and keeping my hp up whit a large amount of healing skills and ability.

If you like the guardian whit Soldier, make a guardian whit soldier equipment.
It’s your character. And everyone play different.

You’ve a large amount of possibility, but the guardian best is the healing spec whit cleric or similar equipment in a healer-bunker-supporter class.

in Guardian

Posted by: Negotium.9610

Negotium.9610

well if you use berserker and you feel like you are not tanky enough, try using some valkyrie

in Guardian

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

If you want to play it as a berserker you can obtain a very high damage, but if you want a very high damage you can play a warrior and deal the double of damage.
If you want a bunker class that resist and deal damage, play a warrior whit banners and axe+shield. Or a engi, or a necro.

The perfect guardian is a bunker whit mace+focus/shield and staff, that heal itself whit simbols, virtues, regen, ally buffs and rune that give condi remove on shouts or regen.

No and no. What is wrong with people. Even in WvW, where you would arguably want to tank up the most, mace/shield + staff is utterly useless on more than one guardian in a 20-man raid. Full cleric’s is also garbage, as is full soldier’s. Stop, please.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Guardian

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I guess that will depend on what you like to play. So Instead of saying to you : “You have to take X because everything else suck” I’ll say : “Use an armor that fit your gameplay”.

I would just add one advice. Try to take insign that grant you vitality because there are very few accessory that grant you a decent amount of vitality. So it’s harder to balance your survivability with accessory than with your armor/weapon.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.