What celestials are good for

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Even though im not a huge fan of the fraud called celestials i thought this should/would have some value for the ones interested in them.

This is with celestial armor, 45% boon duration from runes.
Celestial amulet and rings and pre/pow/tough as accessories.
Celestial weapons (ascended) with energy sigil.

With major bloodlust and 25 stacks from sigils and ofc food.

Rather impressive tbh.

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Celestial’s work very well for guards.

Now if they would only fix our Zeal – Radiance lines.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Wow…

15char

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Guardian

Posted by: Ed Log.7480

Ed Log.7480

This seems nice.
What food and runes are you using please ?
And were you at 0 0 0 0 0 on the traits when you did the screenshot ?

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

From the screenshot I would say at least 5 in virtues since he has 50% boon duration while the runes would give him 45.

Most likely he is running 0/5/30/30/5

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Celestial’s work very well for guards.

Now if they would only fix our Zeal – Radiance lines.

Erm no, hands off Radiance, please. Whatever they do there, they’re just too likely to break something important. That line is fine.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Guardian

Posted by: TriskaiX.7014

TriskaiX.7014

ah celestial looks indeed promising on a guardian, someone in my guild uses it for hybrid necromancer and that seems to work good in dungeons, in theory the jack of all trades engineer could also benefit from this but never thought of the guardian and i wonder why :p
and also yes hands off the Radiance line it is perfect imo

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

@Amins ofc they work but the issue is if you just put some effort in mixing gear you get more effective stats since condition damage is almost a waste on a guardian. Using celestials is the easy way to get things almost right.

I will probably use them when they introduce ascended armor since i cant see my self having more than one ascended armor compared with today when i have 5 different ones. So celestials will be used not because they are best but if i can chose just one armor celestial it is. For a wvw player its sad indeed.

@Ed Log
Master maintenance oil and truffle steak
0/5/30/30/5

in Guardian

Posted by: Ehragus.5843

Ehragus.5843

This looks legit, now to do the daily crystals.

80 Necro(x2) – 80 Guard – 80 Warr(x2) – 80 Engi – 80 Mes – 80 Ele(x2)

in Guardian

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

@Amins ofc they work but the issue is if you just put some effort in mixing gear you get more effective stats since condition damage is almost a waste on a guardian. Using celestials is the easy way to get things almost right.

I will probably use them when they introduce ascended armor since i cant see my self having more than one ascended armor compared with today when i have 5 different ones. So celestials will be used not because they are best but if i can chose just one armor celestial it is. For a wvw player its sad indeed.

@Ed Log
0/5/30/30/5

Depends on what you consider to be more effective stats. Even without counting conditional damage, celestials still give you more stat points. Not to mention you get more crit dam compare to zerker on armor and weapons. I would say for balanced builds the best way is to mix celestials with other pieces that gives you more focus.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

with effective stats i mean damage output and effective healthpool, the ability to mitigate damage and ofc with the same healing.

The thing is that stats isnt worth equal. For instance power>precision>crit damage. Its the same with the rest of the stats.

So it doesn’t matter that it has more raw stats since some stats are worth so much less. Its pretty obvious when you see how bad the dps are from celestials alone when they don’t have the power to back them up.

I haven’t seen one guardian build in here that has celestials trinkets that i cant improve upon by mixing gear.

Legs and chest being the exception since those have a slightly higher statbudget. I haven’t done the exercise with weapons but trinket, head, shoulders, feet and hands are poor investments.

And you dont need celestials for balanced builds when you have better gear to choose freely from. In a balanced build the only pieces to consider is chest and legs.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

@Ed Log
0/5/30/30/5

Depends on what you consider to be more effective stats. Even without counting conditional damage, celestials still give you more stat points. Not to mention you get more crit dam compare to zerker on armor and weapons. I would say for balanced builds the best way is to mix celestials with other pieces that gives you more focus.

Marginally more, and going that much toughness/vitality isn’t optimal, not to mention lolhealpower. So you have 2 “wasted” stats and 2 “meh” stats, leaving you with pitifully little in the stuff that matters.

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I haven’t seen one guardian build in here that has celestials trinkets that i cant improve upon by mixing gear.

I am not sure about that.

With Celestials you basically get Crit Damage for free – its like tagged on the gear as an after thought – you get nearly Beserker or Valk level of Crit Damage for free.

On every other piece of gear it has a big cost to another stat. Thus why a full set of Celestial is so nice for a Guardian.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

The problem is, while you have good crit damage, your power sucks which means your crits won’t hit as hard.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

I would never use Celestial trinkets, but I’m enjoying my full set of armor. It’s definitely not the greatest for any one thing, but what I really like about it is the build flexibility it gives me. I don’t feel bad using it in either my full offensive or full defensive sets. My damage is diminished somewhat (85%) compared to full zerk in my full zerk builds, but not so much that I really notice it. Granted, I already have full sets of berserker and soldier and all the rest that I use in those builds… but not having to switch around so much is nice. Feels like I retired or something.

Right now, I run a catch-all build. Does a little bit of everything; Decent damage (unless you ask GK, in which case he’d remind me – correctly – that it does half the damage of a full meta zerker build), 800 healing power for direct heals, 2600~ armor and 15k HP. I like it in WvW quite a lot, especially. Play it like a healway only with much better damage.

Anyway, I don’t know why I decided to spill all that, but eh. Haven’t posted in a while. School started :O

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Actually … I’m intrigued but I think there are two things I don’t like

1. the lack of balance between power and precision, C damage numbers
2. the low power.

That would make me feel uncomfortable. I would be inclined to run some soldiers in a few places to fix those things. Seems that the crit damage ratio to stats on any celestial is fairly constant as well. Even as a balanced build, celestial seems some mixing for optimization.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Celestial is optimal for WvW.

It is not, for PvE.

Reason being, I could go 10/0/0/30/30 and trait for AoE Burn…

It’s great… if you don’t consider every other class. Stand Alone, it’s super nice.

We just begin to pale when looking up.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

This is what I use right now in PvE. You can get virtually the same stats with less “waste” on things like Condition Damage using a Cleric’s helm and Berserker shoulder, gloves, and boots. You can match it almost stat for stat using Valkyrie instead, to get the same defensive numbers. Your Power will be about a hundred higher. But it’s such a minor difference in effective power and health as to be pedantic, IMO.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

With Celestials you basically get Crit Damage for free – its like tagged on the gear as an after thought – you get nearly Beserker or Valk level of Crit Damage for free.

On every other piece of gear it has a big cost to another stat. Thus why a full set of Celestial is so nice for a Guardian.

@Foofad
I think your two posts recap whats my point is, there are two pieces worth taking if you are looking for raw stats. Have you done the math on weapons, are they in the same shape as trinkets?

Dont worry, you didnt spill anything, its one of the builds i play also. The 0/5/30/30/5 was actaully one of the few times i ran that distribution with celestials.

Yes it is a minor difference but its still there and as a gear that cant specialize in any area the effective stats should be slightly higher, other wise its just an option for the lazy.

@Amins
what you describe isnt optimal, its convenient. You choose to swap build and keep the gear. When i swap build i also swap gear. Which is my point.

The added damage from condition damage in the aoe burn is just really small. If there was condition duration and boon duration in the gear (0,5-1% per piece) it would definitely be worth stacking this gear.

The gear isnt max effective stats and it cant specialize. A gear that cant specialize should have higher overall effective stats to compensate.

in Guardian

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Celestial is good:

1) In PvP
2) For classes with a good split between condition and direct damage AND
3) Have healing skills that scale well with healing power.

Which is pretty much engineers and mesmers. Condition damage is pretty much totally wasted on guardians and their healing skills aren’t particularly great either (ironically), so you’re basically losing out of 300 points or so right there.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

@Foofad
I think your two posts recap whats my point is, there are two pieces worth taking if you are looking for raw stats. Have you done the math on weapons, are they in the same shape as trinkets?

Dont worry, you didnt spill anything, its one of the builds i play also. The 0/5/30/30/5 was actaully one of the few times i ran that distribution with celestials.

Yes it is a minor difference but its still there and as a gear that cant specialize in any area the effective stats should be slightly higher, other wise its just an option for the lazy.

@Amins
what you describe isnt optimal, its convenient. You choose to swap build and keep the gear. When i swap build i also swap gear. Which is my point.

The added damage from condition damage in the aoe burn is just really small. If there was condition duration and boon duration in the gear (0,5-1% per piece) it would definitely be worth stacking this gear.

The gear isnt max effective stats and it cant specialize. A gear that cant specialize should have higher overall effective stats to compensate.

Yes, but I’m old AND lazy. So it works.

10% Stat difference isn’t going to make me lose in any measure. =]

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Problem is I’d wager a lot of people don’t want to spend time purchasing different sets of armor. It is bad enough with weapon sets and now getting worse with ascended. Pretty soon we will be spending more time playing hide and seek farming items to build sets and no time to actually play the game

I think they need to draw a line and say PvP/WvW is equal, no PvE gear. Leave this gear here discussed and anything ascended for PvE only…. I don’t even know how to begin to craft Celestial gear let alone Ascended weapons and I’ve played since head start

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

it’s quite ridiculous – I have 6 sets in my inventory at the moment… I have to visit the vendor every 5 minutes to dump drops…

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

There is no doubt that celestial is not good for PVE. For those elitist don’t think human error is ever an issue, the best gear is always Zerker. I am not even going to argue with that. For the rest of us humans who can’t dodge at the exact right time, mixing celestial and zerker would provide good dps and enough cushion to survive those human imperfections. It sucks to be me I know.

I would agree that celestial chest, legging, helm, and possibly weapon does have best stats currently, and those are exactly the pieces I use. The rest, I use different stat combo depends on what I do.

It is very difficult to generalize by saying power > precision > crit damage. It really depends on build and situation. For example, solo, my normal in combat might stack is 12 to 15 without staff, that would decrease the effectiveness of existing power. I get 33% up time on fury from SYF, that decrease the effectiveness of existing precision. However all of these increase the effectiveness of crit damage%. Throw in skill, trait, different food, and group, it is really hard to say.

In pvp, vit and tough is also very valued. I would even go to say it is just as important as power, precision, and crit dam if not more so, depends on your build and what you do. As for healing power, I can understand you don’t think healing power is important to AH builds, since it scales poorly with AH. However, for other builds like Healway, boonway, or any other builds that uses dodge heal, meditations, and so on, healing power is great, probably even better than vit and tough.

My conclusion is at the guardian base line: power = prec = crit dam = tough = vit = healing power, until a certain point. After that depends on what you do, certain stats become more important, for example, if you DPS, then power, prec, crit dam >> tough, vit and healing, you should be stacking zerker. Full celestial is never a good thing, no one ever argued for that, but mix celestials in with specialty gear, you might be pleasantly surprised.

(edited by bigmonto.4215)

in Guardian

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

lol dude with bloodlust and 25 stacks full foods…. anything can look godly tbh

Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Just to add two coppers in, I found that celestials are best used with a mixed setup of gear. I actually made overall stat improvements with my build using only two pieces of celestial armor, which is the only thing that’s “celestial” in my setup.

I tried doing an all celestial armor setup and it just didn’t work out. I didn’t like the power and precision skimp. However, adding in only the two actually gave me a power increase over what I had before celestial armor came out. Even putting in one more single piece messed up the stats that I didnt’ want touched.

I also agree that celestial trinkets are not great to use.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Problem is I’d wager a lot of people don’t want to spend time purchasing different sets of armor. It is bad enough with weapon sets and now getting worse with ascended. Pretty soon we will be spending more time playing hide and seek farming items to build sets and no time to actually play the game

I think they need to draw a line and say PvP/WvW is equal, no PvE gear. Leave this gear here discussed and anything ascended for PvE only…. I don’t even know how to begin to craft Celestial gear let alone Ascended weapons and I’ve played since head start

And this is why i feel forced to invest in celstials when going ascended armor so i wont be forced to build in a particular way or a particular way of playing. its bitter sweet.

The gear treadmill is the only reason why i find them interesting. I just cant see my self pve grind for multiple armors or weapons.

It is very difficult to generalize by saying power > precision > crit damage. It really depends on build and situation. For example, solo, my normal in combat might stack is 12 to 15 without staff, that would decrease the effectiveness of existing power. I get 33% up time on fury from SYF, that decrease the effectiveness of existing precision. However all of these increase the effectiveness of crit damage%. Throw in skill, trait, different food, and group, it is really hard to say.

Ofc you can generalize but not in the example you make.

Gear are on fixed budget and 1 point power has the same budget value as 1 point precision but the fact is that point by point in the armor power > Precision >crit damage when it comes to contribution to dps.

However, adding in only the two actually gave me a power increase over what I had before celestial armor came out.

And i bet thats the chest and legs.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

And this is why i feel forced to invest in celstials when going ascended armor so i wont be forced to build in a particular way or a particular way of playing. its bitter sweet.

The gear treadmill is the only reason why i find them interesting. I just cant see my self pve grind for multiple armors or weapons.

Ofc you can generalize but not in the example you make.

Gear are on fixed budget and 1 point power has the same budget value as 1 point precision but the fact is that point by point in the armor power > Precision >crit damage when it comes to contribution to dps.

However, adding in only the two actually gave me a power increase over what I had before celestial armor came out.

And i bet thats the chest and legs.

Chest is one, but the other is the helmet, not legs.

Talking about having to have several gear sets, I’ve aimed to have an all-in-one gear setup. I still have to swap out some parts of the main one though, but luckily, I’ve got it setup to where I only need to change a few pieces at a time if I have to.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)