What class compliments Guardian in a duo?

in Guardian

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

A friend of mine uses Guardian (I’m afraid I don’t know the build, really… He uses Signets, I know that much. Not much of a minmaxer, just sorta threw somethin’ together), and I’m not sure what to use alongside him. I currently have a Rampager-gear Grenade Kit Engineer (had made an Engineer for the turrets and the promised versatility, initially, but turrets are garbage and I’m not really seein’ the versatility as much as I’d like), but I’m wanting to change to a different race, so I might as well consider other classes as well. XD

Is that even enough information to go off of? What classes do Guardians play well with in general? x_X

The class is always greener on the other side.

(edited by Toolbox.9375)

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Nothing if he’s running more than a single signet and it’s not Judgment (maybe Mercy—maybe). You’ll just be carrying him and his utility-lacking self.

Otherwise, I’ve had a ton of success with Ele and Warrior friends. You can make almost anything work though, depending on the builds you and your opponents are running. I’ve set it up where I run a slightly less tanky Healway and let my friend play glass or close to it. Double glass cannons can work sometimes.

Having him play something sustainable/supportive while you play the auto-GG condition bunker Engi build is another way you could do it. Probably the best way, honestly. If this is for roaming in WvW you’ll be carrying him either way. Relatively.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

(edited by Christos de Soufre.3802)

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

whatever class can lock down a target via cripple/chill/immbo so the guardian doesnt have to chase them everywhere

in Guardian

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

Thief and ranger for my play styles.

I grab all the attention, while the thief does sneak attacks. I imagine it’s hard to concentrate on a thief when a guardian is raging.

I had a good run with a ranger when I was running support. I handled anyone who came close while using consecrations, and she handled anyone who attacked from afar.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

1) Go bunker and run w/ a super glassy thief.
2) Healway + DD Ele
3) Meditations DPS + Warrior
4) Support + Engi
5) Signet or Condi Guardian w/ a Mesmer and just run around in circles jumping and laughing while the mesmer kills everything.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Kratos.6293

Kratos.6293

I’m guessing it’s warrior.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

1) Go bunker and run w/ a super glassy thief.
2) Healway + DD Ele
3) Meditations DPS + Warrior
4) Support + Engi
5) Signet or Condi Guardian w/ a Mesmer and just run around in circles jumping and laughing while the mesmer kills everything.

Number 5 sounds like fun! =D

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Warrior’s always a good choice (are they ever a bad choice?) to run with a guardian as they can lock them down so you can both bring the pain. They also provide swiftness and offensive boons that are critical to success.

I’d like to run with a fellow necro though. Necros make a mockery out of enemy boons and their epidemic can do good in outnumbered scenarios of which normally you would both suck in. It’s also good if they get beat on as they can absorb damage with their Death Shroud and Plague. A guardian also has in abundance what a necro lacks as well— stability and protection while a necro provides what a guardian doesn’t— condition based pressure and condition manipulation. Although this duo would be kinda slow which may be a no-no.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)