What do you think of LB3?

in Guardian

Posted by: Akijo.7395

Akijo.7395

I’ve mostly been playing PvE and I’ve rarely seen myself using LB3, extremely situational. The blindness isn’t too bad but I feel like a hard CC would be nice instead, to better fit the new defiance bar.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aegael.6938

Aegael.6938

It feels like a smoldering shot that’s sometimes harder to aim. Considering it’s a minor dps increase to use and it’s more reliable to use it for the blind, the coolness aspect of the projectile deflection doesn’t really ever come into play. If they increased the damage increase on deflection to like 200 or 300%, then it would be a really cool move. In PvE you might actually feel good about using it rather than just using the myriad other tools the Guardian has to reflect or absorb projectiles. And in PvP, playing against it, you’d always be thinking to yourself that you can’t just flippantly throw out projectiles against a Dragonhunter or else they’d just get a massive deflection shot. I don’t know what exactly they were going for with it, but it does feel like wasted potential. There should be some more reward for using it right so it doesn’t just become one of the “eh just use it on cooldown” skills for the longbow.

in Guardian

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Its what separates good guardians from bad ones. The attack itself has so much beautiful potential. The blind, I believe, is a crutch they tossed out to give the worse players something to crutch on. It may not hit as hard as true shot, but firing it off, deflecting something like a mirror blade, hitting the mesmer AND tossing a blind out? Amazing. That, I believe, is how guardians are meant to be played, attacking and defending simultaneously

in Guardian

Posted by: Akijo.7395

Akijo.7395

Its what separates good guardians from bad ones. The attack itself has so much beautiful potential. The blind, I believe, is a crutch they tossed out to give the worse players something to crutch on. It may not hit as hard as true shot, but firing it off, deflecting something like a mirror blade, hitting the mesmer AND tossing a blind out? Amazing. That, I believe, is how guardians are meant to be played, attacking and defending simultaneously

It’s not deflecting, just destroy projectiles, and become 100% stronger if you destroy a projectile (which is not much since the base damage is barely higher than the base attack)
I agree it can be pretty good on 1v1 if you’re incredibly observant and know all the animation, know exactly which move you want to destroy.

As for PvE, well, so many bosses have non-destroyable projectiles or just spawns their AoE at your feet without projectiles. I am guessing Raids are gonna be even worst about non-reflectible/destroyable projectile.

in Guardian

Posted by: HEDRO.2345

HEDRO.2345

Longbow 3 is pretty useless for actually blocking a projectile, since it runs along the ground. Testing vs any other bow the enemies arrows will go above your deflect.

Unless you are a god and stop their projectile right before it hits your model or before it leaves their model ( at the bottom of the arc), so could LB3 get an arc also please?

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I’ve gotten as high as a 4.3k crit on LB#3 in Zerks (pvp) against another DH bow user. It’s definitely not a bad skill in that regards.

The only thing bad about LB#3 is its consistency.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

I really adore it – its saved my life so many times already. The issue with it, is that it takes skill to use properly.

in Guardian

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

Use it to interrupt blocks like the revs block with the passive knock back since its unblockable.

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Use it to interrupt blocks like the revs block with the passive knock back since its unblockable.

^This. Pretty brilliant actually. The only problem is that the projectile itself is fairly unreliable once your target is further than 600 unit range from you.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bezagron.7352

Bezagron.7352

^This. Pretty brilliant actually. The only problem is that the projectile itself is fairly unreliable once your target is further than 600 unit range from you.

And this is exactly why I would like Heavy Light tied to Deflecting Shot. They have the same CD so there’s no issue there. Players would get control over the knockback making this type of gameplay more reliable without wasting the knockback on a wongly timed LB arrow.

in Guardian

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

I really adore it – its saved my life so many times already. The issue with it, is that it takes skill to use properly.

ISSUE?=!?!?!??

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in Guardian

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

And this is exactly why I would like Heavy Light tied to Deflecting Shot. They have the same CD so there’s no issue there. Players would get control over the knockback making this type of gameplay more reliable without wasting the knockback on a wongly timed LB arrow.

Great idea, it would also allow more counterplay in that people could dodge it.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on