What gear should i use?

What gear should i use?

in Guardian

Posted by: snake.6734

snake.6734

Hey guys i need help choosing what build to use for my guardian (my main). I am gonna use it for PvE, WvW and dungeons. I want something that does good damage (sustain DPS if possible) while not neglecting my defense (toughness and vitality) and support (via shouts). I have linked link 3 builds that i have come up with:

build 1
http://tinyurl.com/bvepqum

build 2
http://tinyurl.com/bqqe7fs

build 3
http://tinyurl.com/c4uetrb

they all use same traits and skill the only difference is the armor and trinkets. alternative weapons i use are sword and torch (berserker) i know everyone hate these weapons but i can actually use them well, and i never had any complaints from any randoms i joined for dungeons. i also sometimes swap out sword for scepter if i need range. i play aggressively and always swapping between my gs and sword/torch to refresh my skills and keep dishing out attacks. i should also mention sword uses superior sigil of accuracy and torch uses superior sigil of intelligence.

let me know what you think of these and give me any suggestions (very hard to convince on the weapons, am a pyromaniac =P)

[CNG] Carnage of War (Guild Leader/Raid Leader)

What gear should i use?

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i’m more leaning towards… the first build. in terms of raw stats. i didn’t look TOO too closely but that’s what i’d go for. if not, then the third one.

nice setups btw. and torch is definitely very fun. i actually like using it with scepter more. but sword works very well also.

aggressive Guards are fun

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

What gear should i use?

in Guardian

snake.6734

well am still not sure yet which one to go for lol

What gear should i use?

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

While I respect the fact that you’re trying to do some damage and move away from the old clichéd 0, 0, 30, 30, 10 AH build, I would advise you to stick with it. There’s a reason it’s so popular.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

What gear should i use?

in Guardian

snake.6734

I am acutally already using this trait build and its awesome now all i need to do is choose the gear that will give me good damage while not taking too much defence aways. I usually take all the small hit and dodge all the big bursts. For me since i am using AH i use boons to heal first and then support second, which also mean i can save my burst heal for last or for when i really need it.

What gear should i use?

in Guardian

snake.6734

i re-named the topic since i am really asking on the gear rather then the traits.

What gear should i use?

in Guardian

snake.6734

I decided to put the gear I am using right now in to that website I linked seems to have every stat correct apart from crit chance, it is off by 4% which is annoying, so now I need to redo my final build and lower my hp probably by 1k to get that 40% or above crit chance before using any buffs and i might have to lower my crit damage as well