in Guardian

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

condi guard obviously

What is guards op/ most complained about

in Guardian

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Thieves have completely broken amount of spammable evades non counterable gap closers and can escape with so much ease.
Guard have nothing like that…medi guard can make good burst with good survivability. But once cooldowns are down…they are kitted efficiently and can hardly escape.
Bunker guards are valuable team support but will fall sooner or later against any decent opponent when alone.
You are not on a cheesy profession here…if you are looking for brokenly op prof you should look elsewhere.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

im looking to avoid that build. i dont play them i do the opposite and avoid them.

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

in Guardian

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

condi guard obviously

LOL, nice troll, taking advantage of the hype

Nothing, we were never OP in any case and at this pace we will never be. Not that is bad but if improvements don’t come either for support or damage we will be even worse in the future

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Guardian

Mystogan.4157

has guards had any really bad nerfs like stealth for thieves or meteor for eles?

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

We sometimes counter thieves, rangers and some eles and mesmers if they’re not meta.. I’ve seen their class forums; some of them call us op..which is far from the truth. You’d be surprised how often the thread “trouble with med guards” comes up. One of which was in an ele forum! In short, we dominate pretty much any glassy class but struggle with the higher sustain – meta builds.

And yes, people QQ about condi guards too… I’m not talking about top tier matches but the overall matchup vs condi guards. If you’re caught in a 1v1 vs them, you better hope some one shows up to help. Going soloq that’s almost a never.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Guards are OP. Those blocks, burns, retalation, cc’s, stuns and 10k base hp so op. Oh god nerf them.

We are not that bad but we are far from good. Thats anet calling balance.

in Guardian

Mystogan.4157

any vids of these condi guards i wanna see lol

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

has guards had any really bad nerfs like stealth for thieves or meteor for eles?

Technically no, However some of the stuff we had in closed beta & open beta was quite nice before they changed traits/weapon skills around.

It is also why we have a decent number of traits that make you look at them & wonder WTF were they thinking designing this ?

in Guardian

Posted by: Siroso.2769

Siroso.2769

Mystogan, your best bet for a mix of WvW and PvP is probably GotBoons’ twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/gotboons/profile/past_broadcasts.

There are plenty of videos on youtube as well!

<— Broskies /Lulzranger

in Guardian

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Technically no, However some of the stuff we had in closed beta & open beta was quite nice before they changed traits/weapon skills around.

It is also why we have a decent number of traits that make you look at them & wonder WTF were they thinking designing this ?

While it wasn’t technically a nerf, once upon a time Pure of Voice removed 2 conditions instead of 1. But even though it was termed a bugfix, it sure as heck does feel like a nerf as I’m limping along with 3 hours of cripple.

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

The fact that we are the least mentioned class when it comes to PvP tells you that we aren’t really a threat or a great asset and all the hot topics revolves around the other classes and what are the ideal comps. (from what I see mesmers are also in the same spot now).

There was an upraise in threads regarding “medi guard OP” right after the last buffs we got. But those were mainly started by thieves mostly which this build has countered them even before the changes. (not all the thief builts tough)

There were some mentions about how the hybrid medi is actually a real threat and how strong it is (King of the Hill). (that hybrid hype yo!)

But all of that didn’t lasted 2 months and guardian hits the bench again (guardian forums). Not saying it’s not a played class in pvp, but right now there is almost always a better choice than a guardian.