What kind of gear?

What kind of gear?

in Guardian

Posted by: IJzerkoekje.4768

IJzerkoekje.4768

Q:

Hey guys, I’m running a full support guardian. 0/0/30/30/10
I’m making ascended gear for my guardian. I already made a Cleric breastplate. Then it hit me I might had to think twice about that. Is Cleric gear good for support guardian? Or is it much better to have other stats?

What kind of gear?

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Wait about a week for the balance patch before dropping anything on ascended gear. Just in case things change.

What kind of gear?

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Cleric gear is great for support guardian. Problem is that this kind of build is very useless in high end pve, but it works fine in wvw.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

What kind of gear?

in Guardian

IJzerkoekje.4768

Wait about a week for the balance patch before dropping anything on ascended gear. Just in case things change.

Oohh so that patch is in a week? Thanks for anwsering!

What kind of gear?

in Guardian

IJzerkoekje.4768

Cleric gear is great for support guardian. Problem is that this kind of build is very useless in high end pve, but it works fine in wvw.

Oohh really, I do high end pve the most. What do you suggest for high end pve in type of support? Or is support rarely used there?

What kind of gear?

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Oohh really, I do high end pve the most. What do you suggest for high end pve in type of support? Or is support rarely used there?

For PvE you want zerker. Damage is the most important thing in PvE, due to the way the content was designed. You can still run support in zerker gear.

This should be helpful:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guide-DPS-Guardian-for-PVE

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

What kind of gear?

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

You’re going to get alot of answers here and probably a bunch of people trying to tell you exactly what to do because it’s ‘right’ (to them).

Here is some real advice. I don’t think there is a best (your gear depends on your content and situation) but the most versatile would be Celestial. Guardians benefit from EVERY stat there, regardless of the build. It doesn’t give the best damage, or healing, or highest HP but if you are capable, it will serve you well for every situation. Augmenting with the proper trinkets can lean you towards whatever stats you are after (and it’s cheaper to swap them than it is to swap armor).

What kind of gear?

in Guardian

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

Soldiers 0/0/x/x/x
Knights with 0/5/30/30/5
Celestial with 0/0/20/30/20 or 0/5/30/30/5
or any combination of Soldiers/Knights/Clerics Armor/trinkets with Berserker weapons.

the traits trade-off to get a DPS guardian are so wonky it would be better to support your Berserker Allies but that’s just my opinion.

But I like to have a build where I can tweak my traits without having to reset them and still wear different armor/trinket sets.

but then again im 90% in WvW so this might not fit.

Sincerly, Me.

What kind of gear?

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Fortunately, guardians provide support in almost all their builds, depending on how you look at it. The favored armor set is berserker, because direct damage scales the best though you can just gradually introduce in zerker pieces as you get more comfortable with the content. There’s actually a decent chance you may die and do more damage overall during the fight than if you were up all the time in tankier specs.

People generally favor dps-support as opposed to cleric style heal-support in high end pve. The popular build these days (10 zeal 30 radiance 5 honor 25 virtues) offers a lot of support because of the virtues lines (traited Wall of Reflect and such) but it does lack in passive survival ability. You will have to learn to use defense like blocks and dodges to keep yourself alive. The reason for this is that instance enemies generally hit too hard for you to actively tank/sustain against.

But this is why I brought up wvw and you might want to check it out— don’t chuck out your ascended chest armor by any means; it does have a place somewhere.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)