What runes are you using?

in Guardian

Posted by: Xecil.2798

Xecil.2798

Out of curiousity, what runes do you all use? I’ll be using 6x Superior Runes of the Pack as soon as the bugs are fixed with 3 and 4 piece bonuses. Now I’m looking for something else to use in the meantime.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tredge.7489

Tredge.7489

There are several rune sets i’d like to use but many are broken.
Rune of swiftness would be my first choice.

in Guardian

Posted by: Xecil.2798

Xecil.2798

The rune of speed? Is it broken as well? That proc on hit is pretty hot. Especially given our plentiful sources of swiftness….. >.<

in Guardian

Posted by: Tesq.1432

Tesq.1432

ahahaha rune fo the hearth permant 33% damage redution forever lool

in Guardian

Posted by: Modryn.4857

Modryn.4857

I’m using 6 Superior Rune of the Undead, mostly because of the condition damage. Will probably change it up in the future, but not much of a concern at the moment… though while typing this I realize I’m not utilizing it as good as I could be, seeing as I only have about 10 points in toughness. :x

in Guardian

Posted by: Pyrite.9641

Pyrite.9641

“of the Forge”
+toughness
Adds protection duration and burning duration
With aoe burn at 50% health.
Properly traited with a hammer. (I’m using 0,15,20,20,15)
Using larger/healing symbol traits and some shout/signet/consecration/meditation recharge time reduction with instant meditations; it’s a versatile survivable build.
Knights amulet and shamans jewels. Weapon inscription and utility’s based on play-style/scenario. Look for movement enhancing/burn creating utilities first.
Then proceed to play smart and win.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sairenkao.6485

Sairenkao.6485

I’m planning on using 4 Monk/2 Water for maximum boon duration.

in Guardian

Posted by: Knuckledust.5621

Knuckledust.5621

Divinity. 95% of other runes that offer on-skill effects are bugged anyway.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

What I’d like to build for, is Shaman gear (as far as I saw it yesterday, giving Tough/Heal/Condi dmg) with undead runes for even more toughness and condi damage. My test build worked wonderfully in the mists, and now I just need to find a way to make it work in pve

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: rndmize.9274

rndmize.9274

Flame Legion for burn-heavy spec.

Jade Quarry | Feign Disorder | Guardian
Interested in discussing WvW strategy? Contact me in-game.

in Guardian

Posted by: Trungalung.7850

Trungalung.7850

Ruby Orb x6 for pure damage.

in Guardian

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

I currently use soldier runes. The toughness is kinda pointless in such a small amount but an extra 1650 hp is very nice for me. If the condition removal on shout is working that makes it that much nicer given i use 3 shouts.

in Guardian

Posted by: ElSdE.3215

ElSdE.3215

yhea i also use soldier runes they are very good but also dolyk runes would be a great choice for my build too atm i get 315 health every 3 sec so with dolyk that would increase to 405 every 3 so i might try them next.

in Guardian

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

I run Staff/Hammer with maxed Virtues Traits (+30% Boon Duration) so I go:

2x Runes of Water: +15% Boon Duration
2x Runes of Dwayna: +20% Regeneration Duration
2x Runes of Earth: +20% Protection Duration.

This gives +65% Regen and +65% Protection.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

(edited by Thrumdi.9216)

in Guardian

SiNoS.2147

@EISdE

I’ve tried the dolyk runes over in PvP. Granted PvP is housed on a different server than the PvE so it might be different for PvE but the regen ability on the Dolyk did not seem to be working at all. Otherwise i had thought to try them out in PvE for more regen ability.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jackal.7432

Jackal.7432

I’m aiming for maxed virtues (30% boon duration) and 2 each of water, monk, and dwayna. End result is 60% all boons and 80% regen duration. I plan on having maxed points into healing and full cleric’s gear. Going to use some kind of healing-and-shout-based build, since guardian will primarily be for wvw

in Guardian

ElSdE.3215

hmm are there no rune of the monk outside of the mists? cant find them on the ah. guess you have to go with thrumbi’s set for wvwvw.

in Guardian

SiNoS.2147

hmm are there no rune of the monk outside of the mists? cant find them on the ah. guess you have to go with thrumbi’s set for wvwvw.

AC Dungeon set i beleave.

Edit: Yes you can buy them off the AC vender. 10 tokens for minor, 30 for major, 120 for superior.

(edited by SiNoS.2147)

in Guardian

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

4 Earth 2 Water for Boon and Protection and general tankines

in Guardian

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

Is there any thread posting about all buged runes ?

Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: OneManArmy.5617

OneManArmy.5617

With a HAMMER and some shouts,the best combination i would say would be:
2x Superior Rune of Water: +25 healing +15% boon duration
2x Superior Rune of Monk: +25 healing +15% boon duration
2x Superior Rune of Earth: +25 toughness +20% protection duration

Change the last rune to one with +20% to another specific boon,if you prefer,such as swiftness,regeneration,might,fury and so on.

Total of +50% duration to protection boon and +30% to the rest without any traits.
Enjoy your infinite -33% damage protection boon,which is much better than any other defensive stat could ever be.This will benefit your group just as well.

This combination lets you add a lot of +% duration to your build without the need to go over the Virtue traits line and does so very stat-cost effectively.

Surrender is not an option!

(edited by OneManArmy.5617)

in Guardian

ElSdE.3215

is there a rune for vigor duration?

in Guardian

Posted by: Bravix.3497

Bravix.3497

I’m using runes of the noble.

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

x6 Earth

(1): +25 Toughness
(2): +20% Protection duration
(3): +50 Toughness
(4): 5% chance to gain Protection for 10s when hit. (Cooldown: 30s)
(5): +90 Toughness
(6): Gain Magnetic Aura for 5s when you fall below 20% health. (Cooldown: 90s)

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: Krathalos.3461

Krathalos.3461

I like the Rune of the Dolyak. The health regen helps with resolve’s too, making it a 120 health regen total per second without any healing power.

in Guardian

SiNoS.2147

I like the Rune of the Dolyak. The health regen helps with resolve’s too, making it a 120 health regen total per second without any healing power.

So it infact doesent give you regen but only adds to Resolve if your a guardian? That would be why i dident notice it working.

in Guardian

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

“of the Forge”

It’s perfect for guardian, but it uses Sorrow’s Embrace dungeon tokens. UGH. No wonder I couldn’t find them on the trading post.

I’m underwhelmed by runes for PvE/WvW as well. A lot of them focus on boons or conditions we don’t have or don’t have in significant amounts. Some will still work in PvE because you can get those from allies, but in WvW, you’re very limited.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

(edited by Exedore.6320)

in Guardian

Posted by: ShadowbaneX.6273

ShadowbaneX.6273

The Regen from the Dolyak Runes is a different heal than Virtue of Resolve. It will keep working even with VoR is on cooldown. The heal is very small all things considered only about 30 hp (just tested it an it was 31 so perhaps it stacks with Healing Power). Thing is my VoR is only 96, so that 31 extra hp is about a 33% increase in my passive heal and that’s pretty worth while.

Heroes of the Horn [HotH] – Yak’s Bend

in Guardian

Posted by: Nimblefoot.9213

Nimblefoot.9213

Has anyone experimented with Might stacking? using Hoelbak, Strength and another 20% might duration, to stack yourself up with near permanent 20-25 stacks of might? If you could keep even 15 stacks up near 100% of the time by yourself that’s another 525 power and condition damage, with just one more group member doing mights thats over 800 if you can get to a perm 25 stack.

in Guardian

ElSdE.3215

man i got to say healing power affects the virtue quit a bit mine is at 315. i would say runs of the soldier and dolyak are the best also the combination of monk and water with earth or dwana is a great combo.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ziga Please.1290

Ziga Please.1290

For my greatsword burn spec I was thinking divinity or warrior. Flame legion seems good but doesn’t offer much survivability

in Guardian

Posted by: kittentoes.3427

kittentoes.3427

I’m using 6 Superior Rune of the Undead, mostly because of the condition damage. Will probably change it up in the future, but not much of a concern at the moment… though while typing this I realize I’m not utilizing it as good as I could be, seeing as I only have about 10 points in toughness. :x

Same as above. I’m set up currently for burning.

in Guardian

ElSdE.3215

hmm just noticed major rune of sanctuary is 10% boon duration so 2 major sancs 2 sup water 2 sup monk runes with virtue trait that 70% rune duration lol.

in Guardian

Posted by: Modryn.4857

Modryn.4857

Same as above. I’m set up currently for burning.

I should correct myself. I meant to say I had 10 points in Valor… but even that’s wrong as closer inspection shows I have 20. This is why I shouldn’t post late at night.

in Guardian

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

Dolyak regens for 30 per tick, and it’s separate from any other heal. You can test this by equipping a Dolyak armor (in the Mists) and jumping anywhere you’d take fall damage.

I find it useful for the extra Toughness (the stat I lack most in my build) and Vit.
But I’m considering changing to something that adds Healing, such as Dwayna. The healing increase is an extra 10 per sec on Virtue of Resolve, but it also improves my other healing skills (which I use alot).

in Guardian

SiNoS.2147

Dolyak regens for 30 per tick, and it’s separate from any other heal. You can test this by equipping a Dolyak armor (in the Mists) and jumping anywhere you’d take fall damage.

I find it useful for the extra Toughness (the stat I lack most in my build) and Vit.
But I’m considering changing to something that adds Healing, such as Dwayna. The healing increase is an extra 10 per sec on Virtue of Resolve, but it also improves my other healing skills (which I use alot).

I tried dolyak like this but only heal that showed up on me was my resolve. Maybe something bugged on me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

FYI, those that are interested in Rune of the Earth, the 6pc is kind of bugged and triggers at close to ~10% health instead of the written 25%. This may or may not turn you off the rune.

in Guardian

Posted by: Daedalus.3954

Daedalus.3954

Chrysocola Orb[x6]
+20 Condition Damage
+14 Power
+14 Vitality

Screw Runes, I like stat stacking.

Commander Kaena Godsfire – Guardian
Server – Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

Currently im level 73 and im using Major Divinty x4 and Major Eagle x2 With Greatsword and dps orientated traits. Armor stats are Power, Precision, Crit damage Same with Weapon and Accesories. Using Sigil of perception for stacking 25x 10 Precision stats.

Using the guardian skills as the only defense + norn worm racial for aggro managment and using the stats to boost offense, im breezeing through the pve content solo, out damaging alot of ‘pure’ dps classes i see around doing the same content.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

in Guardian

Posted by: Siam.1278

Siam.1278

Crest of the Soldier for my entire set.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lothair.8942

Lothair.8942

Emerald Orbs x 6 for mine – with Knight’s Draconic and a Beryl Orichalcum Set

in Guardian

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

6 times Crest of the Soldier

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Guardian

Harbinger.8637

Changed to Rune of Svanir

(1): +25 Toughness
(2): +20% Frozen Duration
(3): +50 Toughness
(4):-50% Frozen Duration
(5): +90 Toughness
(6): Become a block of ice for 5 seconds when you fall below 20% health. (Cooldown: 90s)

Yeah I know the Frozen is pointless, but I love the block of ice. This plus Renewed Focus is eight seconds of invulnerability. Great for WvW trolling. lmao

Pretty much become a block of ice, then I pop all my virtues. Go into Renewed Focus by the time I’m done it should have bought time for my utilities to reset.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in Guardian

Posted by: OneManArmy.5617

OneManArmy.5617

I assume Frozen duration benefits the Chill effect, in which case you could use that with the Hammer and its valor trait “Glacial Heart”,but even then i find that trait kinda bad due to the long cooldown.
Does +% Frozen Duration increase your block of ice duration as well?

Surrender is not an option!

in Guardian

Posted by: Trungalung.7850

Trungalung.7850

For the people that use +boons duration for hammer, do you think you need that extra boon duration to keep it permanent? With just one single trait Writ of Persistence (symbol lasts longer), you’ll already be able to maintain permanent protection in a Hammer chain #1 > #2 Mighty Blow then repeating #1 twice > #2.

in Guardian

SiNoS.2147

For the people that use +boons duration for hammer, do you think you need that extra boon duration to keep it permanent? With just one single trait Writ of Persistence (symbol lasts longer), you’ll already be able to maintain permanent protection in a Hammer chain #1 > #2 Mighty Blow then repeating #1 twice > #2.

I think they like me go with +boon duration so that they can switch to do other things. Sure you may loose it at some point but being able to switch over to do something else while knowing you still have time due to boon duration increase kinda eases your mind.

in Guardian

Harbinger.8637

I assume Frozen duration benefits the Chill effect, in which case you could use that with the Hammer and its valor trait “Glacial Heart”,but even then i find that trait kinda bad due to the long cooldown.
Does +% Frozen Duration increase your block of ice duration as well?

I never even thought about it, but I tried it out and it works. Not a huge buff though. From 4 to ~6 seconds. The block of ice is still five seconds.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: valdamus.6289

valdamus.6289

While I love the Idea of having perma protection which = 900 toughness (epic) I decided to go with Rune of strength 6/6 for the fallowing reason.

As of right now I dont do spvp. only wvw but i dont play support either. I just like to go and find 1v1/2s and pvp. I play with gs/sept/torch 10/0/10/20/30. (3 shouts).

my entire gear and weaps and accs is pwr,touch,vit and sinse Ret scales with pwr i just couldnt give up 165 pwr from 6/6 RoStrength. (total pwr is 3.2k) I do keep might up 100% very easy because my gs has sigil that grants 20sec might on 9 sec cd and my torch also has same sigil. no matter who I pvp i always change weapons right after the 9sec wep swap cd and that + 30%(from 30pts on virtues)+20%(from rune buff) is more than enough to have it up 24/7 thus giving me perma 5%more dmg(rune buff) and that plus 10% more dmg to burning (from 10pts on zeal) I can deal pretty good dmg.

still no crits dough. need to find a way around that.

in Guardian

Posted by: Leper.7853

Leper.7853

I’m planning on wearing the crafted Knight set for dungeons. I use a 2H symbol/spirit weapon build that I put together.

My plan was to maximize the 12 stacks of Might that I give myself (and others) with Empower (Staff #4) by using a combination of Runes to increase duration of Might (of Fire, of Strength and of Hoelbrak totally +60%). Only now I’m not sure this works… can anyone confirm?

Further my plan was to use a Sigil of Strength on my GS and a Sigil of Purity on my staff, allowing me on-crit effects and some synergy with my Might stacks. Apparently, though, the Sigil of Strength doesn’t give more than 1 (2?) stacks of Might no matter how much you crit. Again, can anyone help me confirm?

in Guardian

Posted by: Leper.7853

Leper.7853

I did some testing last night and found that in fact multiple +Might duration runes DO stack, however all they do is maintain at least one stack. The rate that stacks fall off looks constant and unchanging, despite the total duration for Might itself lasting longer.