What's the deal about D/D Ele??

in Guardian

Posted by: Drgori.5724

Drgori.5724

I run a meditation build and 99% of the time in w3, and I see a lot of people now playing D/D ele because they say is the bomb right now, but every time I found myself fighting against one is like “what’s the deal of this??” they dont do anything. They always predictible, they run on lighting and knock you down, then I say “what the kitten?” I must have lost half of my HP, but I look at is like a hit for 200-300 that dont even moved my health bar, then they run back avoiding counter attack. I dont see a point in play a D/D ele, just to knock down ppl. I got hit a lot more by staff ele.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

from your perspective, but look a larger circle.

they can survive a lot, Better then us because if the dont do much damage to the enemy, or the enemy is strong, they can always flee at the speed of the light.
A guardian is tough, but if the enemy is stronger then the gard, you have a really low chance to run away.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

in Guardian

Drgori.5724

No doubt they can survive, they can run like crazy. I guess they must be good killing other classes but guardians.

in Guardian

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

They don’t do a lot of damage initially. They have a lot of control and can last a long time in a 1v1. Their weakness is that they have a couple abilities that are their key damage dealers and if you avoid or negate them, they do almost no damage. However, if you combine some of that control with another profession with some decent damage, it’s a pretty nasty combo.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in Guardian

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

Believe or not, Ranger is now the best counter against D/D ele since last patch.
My ranger has met countless D/D ele in wvw these few days and none of them can escape from my pet.

No doubt they can survive, they can run like crazy. I guess they must be good killing other classes but guardians.

in Guardian

Drgori.5724

You bring a good point about combine with others, but the thing is the you will always depend on others or be in zergs, which is kind of “eeeh”. I would prefer a lot more a to play Mesmer than a D/D ele.

in Guardian

Posted by: ArcticRed.3068

ArcticRed.3068

I run a meditation build and 99% of the time in w3, and I see a lot of people now playing D/D ele because they say is the bomb right now, but every time I found myself fighting against one is like “what’s the deal of this??” they dont do anything. They always predictible, they run on lighting and knock you down, then I say “what the kitten?” I must have lost half of my HP, but I look at is like a hit for 200-300 that dont even moved my health bar, then they run back avoiding counter attack. I dont see a point in play a D/D ele, just to knock down ppl. I got hit a lot more by staff ele.

Check this guy out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL1U3bVqiwc

I play Guardian and Ele, my Ele is lvl61 in yellows and i beat a lvl80 guardian yesterday solo.
I use the same build as the guy in the link but im not as skillfull as him.

in Guardian

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

The only guardians my D/D ele can’t beat are the ones built for complete tank (although i haven’t actually stalemated a fight since i turned 80), but its not like they can kill the ele either.

Like the thief, they are popular because they have the option to leave fights. There is no necromancer, ranger, or anything that has ever single handedly locked down my ele. The only class that can compare to them on burst mobility is a warrior and they can still have trouble catching and killing one. If any ranger is catching and killing eles its the ele’s fault for playing wrong. (no offense against the ranger player, its the class i’m blaming)

So thats basically it.. They are popular because they can rush into zergs and live, kill almost anyone 1v1, and escape when things don’t go their way pretty much every time.

-Desirz Matheon

in Guardian

Drgori.5724

I run a bunker/meditation build 0/10/30/25/5, maybe that’s why D/D ele dont hit me as hard. Also use Hammer/GS so a crit hit with hammer takes 5-7k on a ele what usually makes them run away. But it’s true they maybe popular because you can mostly of the time escape alive, but I too can jump in the front lines with JI, hit hard and get out with my guardian as well…

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

^^ No you can’t.

You can jump into the front lines, then retreat to the back lines or into a keep/tower. That’s what you can do.

An Ele can jump into the front lines and then just retreat… across the entire map. they don’t need a ‘bunker’ to escape into. They’ll just kite you for DAYS. Same with Thief’s w/ D/D & Bow…. good luck!

That’s the difference and it’s an important one to make.

Oh, and Hunter’s have a way to escape the zerg as well, though it’s just not a popular build yet.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

There are 2 prominent D/D builds. There’s the tanky one with CC that kills you over time, and there’s the bursty one with CC that tries to kill you quickly and usually fails against competent players. The first one is very good, the second one is rather easy to counter.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

I play a hybrid dps/bunker build and d/d eles almost always have to run or end up stalemate vs me. The key is running scepter and keeping damage on them when they move away to heal.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Eles also have the best downed state in the game. You can be a HORRID ele and still just #2→float into a keep/tower to self res without any worry of being stomped.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Yeah, no other #2 skill allows people to get away like that. You CAN stop it with ring of warding and line of warding though. Because they cant dodge roll in that form they cant get through. Only managed to do it once to keep a downed ele out of a tower though.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Albane.8367

Albane.8367

Their vapor form should definitely not allow the usage of door portals. That is a pretty big flaw in this game.

in Guardian

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

If its a tanky d/d ele, alot of their damage actually comes from conditions (burn/bleed), since they try to attrition you down.

I don’t think its possible for a bunker guardian vs a d/d tank ele fight to ever end. Neither puts enough damage on the other to win. Even if the guardian got close to winning he would never catch up to the ele if he wanted to run/reset. Both sides would just take turns trying to knock the other guy off the point to neutralize/cap it

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in Guardian

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

If its a tanky d/d ele, alot of their damage actually comes from conditions (burn/bleed), since they try to attrition you down.

I don’t think its possible for a bunker guardian vs a d/d tank ele fight to ever end. Neither puts enough damage on the other to win. Even if the guardian got close to winning he would never catch up to the ele if he wanted to run/reset. Both sides would just take turns trying to knock the other guy off the point to neutralize/cap it

d/d eles with 0/10/0/30/30, PTV gear and clerics jewels put out a LOT of damage with all that power stacked up with 100% uptime on fury and none of it is conditioned based. they are also very tanky with the amount of evasion, self healing, and toughness/protection/boons they have on them.

very few people run condition elementalists. the ones you would notice ripping apart your ranks generally are the ones not using conditions. (not to say conditions aren’t viable, but this power ele is one of the strongest builds in the game for both large group and small group combat)

-Desirz Matheon

in Guardian

Posted by: nalenb.1425

nalenb.1425

d/d eles with 0/10/0/30/30, PTV gear and clerics jewels put out a LOT of damage with all that power stacked up with 100% uptime on fury and none of it is conditioned based. they are also very tanky with the amount of evasion, self healing, and toughness/protection/boons they have on them.

very few people run condition elementalists. the ones you would notice ripping apart your ranks generally are the ones not using conditions. (not to say conditions aren’t viable, but this power ele is one of the strongest builds in the game for both large group and small group combat)

Yep, that’s what I’m running on my D/D Ele I use for WvW. The mobility is awesome. I wouldn’t say it’s a lot of damage, I think the most I’ve ever seen pop up on screen is 4k crits, but my goal is to draw out the fight as long as possible. The amount of key presses and space used is way more than on my guardian though. I can whittle anyone down over 10-15 minutes except a bunker guardian which usually end in a draw. I heard one WvW fight club bunker guardian v. d/d ele went for 25 minutes. I really like the movement in combat too, very fun to play. Only profession with a chance to catch an ele is the thief and it depends on who stuff is on cool down when starting the chase.

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand