What's the point of Pure of Sight?

in Guardian

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

A 10% damage increase over 600 range only works with LB and Scepter, essentially its a LB trait since its in DH, but what is the point of that as a minor trait? Its always taken and totally useless for melee guards.

Why not just put +10% damage to LB as a baseline, its essentially the same thing. Then a good GM minor could take its place.

It just seems like a pointless, redundant trait.

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

This has been discussed lengthly. no need for a new thread. add it to the feedback thread please.

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Don’t worry, nearly everybody agrees with you. We don’t get it either.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

I agree, it’s a pointless redundant trait.

I particularly dislike it because it makes Scepter stronger, and the last thing we need is another reason not to use Longbow.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

It’s not particularly redundant. There are plenty of other ways to deal damage past 600u. For an elite spec that’s thematically able to fight at ranged it certainly makes sense.

I understand some people don’t like it. Defenders Dogma is kind of weird also, but with some of the recent changes to skills it’s much more useful. It’s existence really isn’t a huge deal.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

It’s completely redundant. Our only current weapon capable of dealing sufficient DPS outside of 600 range is scepter, and even that has a tough time because the projectiles are so slow.

They could have just rolled that extra 10% into the baseline damage of the bow. They could have put something that would actually be useful in the minor GM slot.

But they didn’t. They ripped us off instead.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saint Jabberwocky.5098

Saint Jabberwocky.5098

The wiki page is out of date. When I was playing DH in BW2 the damage increase was for ranges 360 and over on the talent tooltip in game.

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

I had heard about that, but I want completely certain. This just gives us even more skills that work with it.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

It’s not particularly redundant. There are plenty of other ways to deal damage past 600u. For an elite spec that’s thematically able to fight at ranged it certainly makes sense.

I understand some people don’t like it. Defenders Dogma is kind of weird also, but with some of the recent changes to skills it’s much more useful. It’s existence really isn’t a huge deal.

Actually there arent. I have done a full analysis, even at 360 range.
I’m going to quote myself. This is a list of Guardian/Dragonhunter skills that deal damage. Anything that does not deal damage is excluded(Shouts), however know that none of those work with Pure of Sight too. Therefore the number of skills/traits that dont work with Pure of Sight is much bigger.

List of damaging Weapons/Utilities/Skills/Traits that do not work with Pure of Sight
Greatsword, Hammer, Mace, Sword, Focus#5, Meditations(Smite Condition, Judge’s Intervention), Downed(except #1), Soaring Devastation, Zealot’s Speed, Smiter’s Boon, Traps.

Traps do not work with Pure of Sight unless there is truly no foes around you when you place them(otherwise the foes activate it while you are still above the traps thereby negating Pure of Sight), and you actually have to run away from where you placed the Traps, and the enemy must also somehow manage to walk on the traps on their way to you.

Staff works with Pure of Sight, but trying to do damage with a Staff is stupid.

Only half of Shield(#4) and half of Focus(#4) work with Pure of Sight.

Bane Signet, Greatsword#5, Hammer#3 work with Pure of Sight, but only have damage equivalent to an auto-attack or less and have 40s, 30s, 15s recharge respectively. This makes Pure of Sight a trait that only increases an auto-attack’s worth of damage by 10% every 40/30/15s when using those.

Signet of Wrath has a damage coefficient of 62. Increasing 62 by 10% is 68. Funny Joke.

Longbow, Scepter and Torch work with Pure of Sight.
(but that’s also provided you are standing beyond the range threshold)

Meanwhile, Chronomancer is getting increased Movement Speed as Minor, Revenant is getting increased Boon Duration and Berserker is getting increased Attack Speed, regardless of what weapon they are wielding, along with the fact that their Minor traits work with both of their equipped weapons at all times, no matter what build they use…

I dont want to switch professions after 3 years, no thanks. I want Dragonhunter to be good. To do that, it is clear that Pure of Sight needs to go.

(edited by Turtle Dragon.9241)

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I’m deep in the camp of people that think the Dragonhunter can be adjusted to something really solid and fun before HoT launches… and I’m also completely on board that this mechanic NEEDS to not be positioned as a minor trait. Moving it to an optional position helps reveal the values of the naked long bow (and that the coefficients may be a bit low) and promotes greater variety within DH builds by not being a dead slot for all-melee Dragonhunter-trappers.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Guardian

Turtle Dragon.9241

I’ll break it down in more details for you.

There are 51 damaging Guardian/Dragonhunter skills and traits(excluding Underwater stuff).
Breakdown of skills that work with Pure of Sight:
Staff#1-3, Scepter#1-3, Torch#1-2, Focus#4, Shield#4, Longbow#1-5, Bane Signet, Signet of Wrath, Spear of Justice, Wrath of Justice(trait).

There are only 19 skills that work for sure with Pure of Sight!
Pure of Sight works with only 37% of our skills/traits that inflict damage!
And that’s only including skills/traits that actually deal damage!
And on top of that you still need to be at 360 range to gain that Pure of Sight bonus!

(I did not include Traps because they are cast in melee range, and if activated instantly by an enemy, do not work with Pure of Sight. Skills that work only when the stars align should not count towards “works for sure with Pure of Sight”)
Not to mention that 2 of those skills have terrible damage(Scepter#3 and Signet of Wrath), along with trying to do damage with a Staff.
If there was ever a trait that said “Staff damage is increased by 10%”, nobody would even pick it(let alone imposing a condition of >360 range on it), you get the point.

In addition, there are no other classes in this game that have their Elite spec Minor traits forcing them into their Elite spec weapon in any way.
Mesmer gets +25% movement speed increase
Revenant gets +15% boon duration
Warrior gets +15% attack speed increase
They are all getting Generic things that work with every weapon set, every traitline, every build they choose.

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

I think some of you need to look up what redundant means

in Guardian

Turtle Dragon.9241

I think some of you need to look up what redundant means

Definition – redundant
not or no longer needed or useful; superfluous.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Constructive-Dragonhunter-Feedback-Ideas/first#post5408894

Fits the definition.

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

I’m chalking that up to a misinterpretation of the definition. You can have that opinion, I’m not arguing that, but redundant is not the correct word.

Also, Traps causing damage beyond 360u isn’t “when the stars align”. How incredibly easy is it to place a trap, walk behind 360u, and then have an enemy activate the trap? It’s a concept that even works on human players, so don’t tell me it doesn’t work in pvp. Also, Wall of Reflection definitely applies. WoR procs Glacial Heart while you have a Hammer equipped, so you should expect it’ll be affected by Pure of Sight. You conveniently forgot other skills like Zealot’s Defense and Zealot’s Embrace. Even ignoring those, 37% is plenty large. Plenty of traits won’t involve that many skills.

Wanting to change the trait is fine. Go ahead and make some constructive suggestions. But most of the comments I see are just empty melodrama.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The damage modifier shouldn’t be across the board because that would increase every other melee weapon. It’s clear that the Devs don’t want to make burst guardians any more damaging than they already are, hence the dmg modifier nerfs/ The minor trait makes it unique for what the DH is, a more ranged damaging + utility build.

I’m not saying it shouldn’t be changed or the damage shouldn’t increased some, i’m just saying that this minor trait is not as important a the other 9 major traits in DH.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Turtle Dragon.9241

You conveniently forgot other skills like Zealot’s Defense and Zealot’s Embrace. Even ignoring those, 37% is plenty large. Plenty of traits won’t involve that many skills.

Given the weapon sets the skill is on, Zealot’s Embrace, Zealot’s Defense and Binding Blade should not count.
If there was a trait that said “increase damage by 10% flatout for just 1 skill that has 15-30s cooldown on your bar”, nobody would take it. Not to mention the condition of 360u range.
Same thing for “increase damage by 10% flatout on Staff”, nobody would take that trait.

We are being forced to take a trait that does not work with the majority of our skills and traits, whose effect is nothing impressive(actually rather dull) and has a condition for it to even work(360u range conditional).
That means less than 50% of our skills work with that trait even if you were to remain at 360u range 100% of the time. Given the melee nature of our profession, it would be generous to say that this trait would work as much as 50% of the time with the skills/traits it even affects…

Even if this trait were made into a Major trait(we are given the choice to take it or not) many players would not take it. That says loads about the effectiveness of this trait.

Pure of Sight should get a powerful effect at the very least.
Immunity to Blind would fit the name.
Even Immunity to Blind when striking a foe at greater than 360u would be a start.

Or following the trend of Pure of Voice,
Losing a movement impairing condition when striking a foe at greater than 360u wouldnt be bad either, it would ensure the Dragonhunter always remains mobile, even without a +25% movement speed.

I’m not saying it shouldn’t be changed or the damage shouldn’t increased some, i’m just saying that this minor trait is not as important a the other 9 major traits in DH.

It is more important because you are forced to take it. In the case of the Major traits, if one one them sucks, you still have 2 other options. This one sucks and has no option.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

A 10% damage increase over 600 range only works with LB and Scepter, essentially its a LB trait since its in DH, but what is the point of that as a minor trait? Its always taken and totally useless for melee guards.

Why not just put +10% damage to LB as a baseline, its essentially the same thing. Then a good GM minor could take its place.

Seems to me you answered your own question… it’s a trait to give you more damage on LB. It’s not on Baseline because Anet want to provide choices, not just a high damage ranged weapon.

in Guardian

Posted by: RebornbyFire.7913

RebornbyFire.7913

Regardless of whether or not others agree that “redundant” is the correct word choice here, you’re entirely right. In the first place, a mere percent damage modifier is a pretty boring choice for a minor trait. In the second place, it artificially gimps the longbow (even if it sort of helps the scepter in doing so — but we don’t want our new profession to sacrifice it’s chance at being good just for a measly 10% damage boost to an already popular weapon, do we?), as Turtle Dragon and others have pointed out. In the third place, ANet has stated that, particularly for elite specs, the minor traits are supposed to define the general role and focus on the main theme of the specialization — as well as, ideally, work with all possible weapons. And let’s be honest — even if we run longbow and scepter, given our relative lack of mobility and the fact that DH minor traits currently do nothing to either help our mobility or hinder the enemy’s, it seems likely that there will be many times where the damage bonus will not apply, even with a full-range set up. The Longbow needs its damage increased, it’s auto-attack reworked to be more interesting, cause multiple hits, possibly inflict bleeding or torment, and not lose functionality in 1v1 fights, and Pure of Sight’s damage bonus should be rolled into the Heavy Light GM trait.

It would be much, much better — and far more fitting and interesting — if our minor traits actually gave us some of the tools we need to do the mobile/trapper/area control job that they seem to have given us: For instance, the new Zealot’s Aggression would be an absolutely fantastic GM minor trait — cripple on passive Justice procs fits the theme perfectly and works with all weapons all the time at any range, while still obviously helping ranged control. Likewise, Defender’s Dogma — on a decidedly non-defensive and definitely not blocking-related E.spec —doesn’t really fit, and would be much better being replaced by something movement-speed related, like, for instance, “Gain swiftness when you activate a virtue. Your virtues have 20% reduced cooldown.” Or something of that nature. Even if the bonus damage against crippled enemies is too strong for a GM minor trait, the cripple on Justice should still be put in that slot, and the damage bonus could be added to a new Master level major trait that reads: “Inflict bleeding when you strike a crippled enemy. Deal more damage to crippled enemies.”

Those changes, and suddenly our trait line starts to make some sense. The minors give us the ability to move and hinder enemy movement. The majors offer various damage increases and the ability to inflict bleeding (which was supposed to be part of the class, and which I and several others have hoped for broader access to, rather than the complete removal of), among other things. All we’d need then is condi removal on block moved to join Bulwark’s functionality, the creation of an interesting trap-related GM, and for BGH to allow Justice’s passive to remain after activation, and we’d have a pretty great trait line to work with and balance skills around.

in Guardian

RebornbyFire.7913

Seems to me you answered your own question… it’s a trait to give you more damage on LB. It’s not on Baseline because Anet want to provide choices, not just a high damage ranged weapon.

…No, the point isn’t that it’s a trait, but that it’s a minor trait in the E.spec line that you have to take in order to even equip a longbow. So it’s not a choice at all; if you equip a longbow, you will have the trait, which means that the longbow will be artificially weakened and balanced around always having a 10% damage increase (at range), since there is no way to take a longbow without also having that trait. It’s the fact that it’s in a minor slot that makes it silly. If it were part of Heavy Light, in the GM major slot, it would be fine.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

That trait isn’t limited to LB IIRC. If it was a 10% ONLY on LB, then I would agree that it doesn’t make sense as a minor. It also has a range req … so adding it as baseline to LB changes it’s flavour as well. The intent is pretty clear for this trait actually … the concept for ranged isn’t just to camped ranged weapons, it’s to camp AT range. This trait rewards you for maintaining your range.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: Isarii.2804

Isarii.2804

It wouldn’t be a bad trait if the Dragonhunter could more easily maintain range (via a 25% move speed increase) and didn’t have traps you have to place in melee range as its utility skills, but in that context, yeah, it’s a pretty stupid talent.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

The DH is setup for that already: You got the knockback trait for LB and we have a immobilize on Scepter. There are also other tools we have to assist in maintaining range as well, including the very infrequently considered ‘teamwork’ aspect of the game which is especially important if you want to stay ranged. Nobody is just going to let you stay at range and it would be unreasonable to expect a long line of skills that would ensure you could.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Nike.2631

So, what existing specs can maintain range?

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

I really, really like the idea of swapping Pure of Sight and Zealot’s Aggression. It’s true it would likely make a more cohesive snapshot of the spec (though, there are some times you might not want to cripple on VoJ. Then again, that might be a case for proper planning ahead).

If it doesn’t happen, and Pure of Sight stats as is, I’m not going to be terrible upset at least. It increases any ranged damage I can put out however I can put it out, and more damage is always welcome.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

I don’t think there are any … but I think skills maintaining a ranged position from your target would be broken anyways. But for the time you can stay ranged, this trait rewards you for doing that in the few ways available to you.

in Guardian

RebornbyFire.7913

Daredevil Thief, at least: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AbVXooJU7yg

Lol.

in Guardian

RebornbyFire.7913

…But much more to the point, even if we were a primarily ranged class that could perpetually camp out beyond that range threshold, it’s still just a horribly boring GM Minor. I want my E-spec traits to do something that changes the mechanics of my class or offers me some new option I didn’t have before or significantly alters my capabilities — not just a damage increase. I mean, sure, it encourages me to stay at range, but if I had a range weapon I was already going to do that, and Pure of Sight does nothing to help me do that better. It just gives me a little more damage while I’m doing it. In the process, though, it limits the options I have in terms of what I can use without wasting a trait I couldn’t change, does nothing to actually alter or add interest to my play style, and artificially gimps the Longbow’s damage in the process — which is likely to result in it always being weaker than scepter, which is already preferable in most cases anyway because of its better synergy with passive Justice and kiting and the fact that it leaves room for focus or torch. In fact, on that note, the LB AA really should be a chain with 3 hits on the third attack, so that it will at least always proc Justice every chain — thus increasing its synergy with Zealot’s Aggression and Justice in general, and somewhat mitigating the need for Supreme Justice.

in Guardian

Posted by: KotCR.6024

KotCR.6024

Now it’s 360 range threshold instead of 600, it’s alot more practical.

It’s still an incredibly weak and situational trait (which is why it belongs on a Major line and not a Minor line, but w/e), but now at least every weapon in the Guardian’s kitten nal can use it for at least one skill with some practicality, with the exception of the Mace.

Still not saying much though, because, as I mentioned before, many of the skills that can benefit from it…Hammer 3, Focus 4, Shield 4 and Greatsword 5, tend to be very weak in the direct damage area anyway, so the difference is negligible. Sword 3 does decent damage, but you won’t hit with all the bolts from that at anything but point-blank range anyway either (under 360, therefore not triggering the bonus), so once again, the damage bonus you receive from it there will also be negligible. But eh, at least it’s something I suppose.

On the plus side, it’ll be relevant to Torch 4 users, and is far more likely to kick in for Sceptre and Longbow than it was before, aswell as now even working with Staff 1 (so, zerg tagging will be even easier! lol). I guess it’ll help out Dragonhunter F1 active too. So there’s some application to it in a wider variety of situations now it’s 360 instead of 600 threshold.

However, it’s still rather limited and a weak overly-specific trait for a Minor in general regardless, and while the threshold reduction helps, it’s not enough to save the trait.

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

That trait isn’t limited to LB IIRC. If it was a 10% ONLY on LB, then I would agree that it doesn’t make sense as a minor. It also has a range req … so adding it as baseline to LB changes it’s flavour as well. The intent is pretty clear for this trait actually … the concept for ranged isn’t just to camped ranged weapons, it’s to camp AT range. This trait rewards you for maintaining your range.

There was a great thing we used to have called Scepter Power. It was a flat 10% damage modifier for scepter.

It was also a major trait that you weren’t forced to take.

So yes, this trait is really nothing more than an excuse to not add a baseline 10% damage increase to our ranged weapons, at the cost of a minor trait that could actually be changed to something that a melee guardian (read: the majority of guardian specs) can use.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

You’re right, we did have that … and they changed it because it didn’t fit with concept they wanted for the class. It’s the same reason that this one is not likely to change and even less likely to change to something that a melee Guardian can benefit from; DH spec is focused on ranged abilities. In addition, there are already lots of other traits that melee weapons benefit from, there are no need for more. If anything, we could use MORE traits to flavour up DH, not less.

I agree that Pure isn’t very interesting but it’s intent is clear, which makes me think there was some thought put into what it should do. It’s certainly not going to change to a trait that has little to do with DH as a spec. In otherwords, if people aren’t suggesting ideas that benefit ranged play, you’re not paying attention.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

You’re right, we did have that … and they changed it because it didn’t fit with concept they wanted for the class. It’s the same reason that this one is not likely to change and even less likely to change to something that a melee Guardian can benefit from; DH spec is focused on ranged abilities. In addition, there are already lots of other traits that melee weapons benefit from, there are no need for more. If anything, we could use MORE traits to flavour up DH, not less.

I agree that Pure isn’t very interesting but it’s intent is clear, which makes me think there was some thought put into what it should do. It’s certainly not going to change to a trait that has little to do with DH as a spec. In otherwords, if people aren’t suggesting ideas that benefit ranged play, you’re not paying attention.

The general consensus is that it needs to be changed to something that works with both the DH and the base class. You don’t seem to realize that while yes, Anet can intend for whatever they want, that’s not going to magically make any choice they make the right one. The entire purpose of criticism is to bring to light issues that the content creator might not have noticed or thought about. Look at any other work of art. If something is poorly drawn, the artist’s “style” making it intentionally look the way it does doesn’t necessarily make it any less poorly drawn. If a musician’s voice croaks for the entire 4 minute duration of a song, their preference for voice cracking doesn’t suddenly make the vocals amazing.

People are saying that this trait is a bad idea, and that actually means something. It doesn’t matter what Anet thinks, because while they can definitely choose to keep it in the game if they really want to, that doesn’t make it objectively right.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

People are saying that this trait is a bad idea, and that actually means something. It doesn’t matter what Anet thinks, because while they can definitely choose to keep it in the game if they really want to, that doesn’t make it objectively right.

It’s not good when people don’t recognize the authority … it ONLY matters what Anet thinks. If people don’t get that, then they don’t understand the framework and approach they need to take to influence change. That’s a little bit academic so I’m sure that will mean little to people who simply want to see DH go away, but it’s how this works.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

It doesn’t make the popular opinion objectively right either. We’re all just slinging around opinions. But, it’s ultimately up to arenanet to make these decisions. If we want to point out we dislike something, then we should give well thought out and concrete reasons, and offer equally well thought out alternatives. Criticizing someone’s singing doesn’t make them change or improve. Letting them know what you don’t like, how to change, and also what they’re doing well is what will allow the singer to produce more works cohesive to your opinion.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

It’s not good when people don’t recognize the authority … it ONLY matters what Anet thinks. If people don’t get that, then they don’t understand the framework and approach they need to take to influence change. That’s a little bit academic so I’m sure that will mean little to people who simply want to see DH go away, but it’s how this works.

Good thing I’m “academic” enough to be able to catch an attempt at subtle condescension. Nice try.

That aside, it certainly doesn’t only matter what Anet thinks, because the goal is to please the player base enough for them to want to play the game, and use all of the tools that they are given. If one specific aspect of the game is lacking, then it will show through negative feedback. Obviously everything Dragonhunter is receiving quite a lot of negative feedback, so maybe that’s a sign that they’re not doing a very good job with it, and people won’t want to play it.

The reason why people are so frustrated is because of the rather consistent lack of any signs [of] acknowledgment, let alone any response, to the mountains of constructive feedback they’ve received regarding the Guardian class over the course of 3 years. And when they finally do act on something, it ends up being a blundering example of how clearly out of touch they are with their own community (ex.: Guardian shield receiving reduced cooldowns again, even though the first time they reduced the cooldowns they were almost universally told that the cooldowns were never the problem).

Even still, there is plenty of constructive feedback going forward, and it’s being almost completely stonewalled. It took 3 pages from the BWE2 feedback thread for Karl to even tell us that anything had been acknowledged, because the initial feedback post was so off base. It took yet another post after that to detail more late changes, and even after that there was still plenty left unanswered.

There will always be reckless and obnoxious people. That’s a given for any sort of demographic. But this kind of behavior as a whole hardly forms on its own. Anet deserves every bit of anger and frustration that is being directed at them in this case, if you ask me.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

Frustrations are due to a lack of understanding and that’s indicative of most hate posts. It’s why you don’t understand that a melee-focused trait doesn’t work in DH or how Anet interacts with players for feedback or even what feedback is relevant.

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

Frustrations are due to a lack of understanding and that’s indicative of most hate posts. It’s why you don’t understand that a melee-focused trait doesn’t work in DH or how Anet interacts with players for feedback or even what feedback is relevant.

>Melee-focused.

>Melee inclusive.

These are two different things.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

True but I don’t see how either of those fit in with DH concept so I still stand by that statement. This isn’t hard to figure out. DH is a ranged concept for Guardians. It’s going to have traits that encourage ranged play. That’s not to say it doesn’t have traits that could be useful in melee but it’s not going to go out of it’s way to ensure melee is included at the expense of supporting and rewarding ranged play. That makes no sense whatsoever.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

And yet, nobody is talking about including melee at the expense of ranged at all. Nobody is saying, for example, replace pure of sight with a trait that only apples under 360 range.

Besides which, while having a ranged-focused trait line makes perfect sense having a ranged elite spec (to the detriment of all melee builds by comparison) is a very poor design choice. This is because there is every indication of power creep involved in the elite specs, meaning they will likely be meta essential, which means you greatly limit the available builds and playstyles for people who dont want to intentionally handicap themselves by playing guardian without an elite spec whatsoever.

Its not that people dont understand that DH is a ranged concept for Guardians. Is that they dont like it.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

Poor design choice or not, DH isn’t going away or changing into something significantly different in concept than what it is now. Any feedback that Anet gets needs to recognize this fact. Simply not liking it is certainly not a very compelling argument for changing anything so …

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

Its a computer game, its literally the only argument anyone has.

But nice way of avoiding the actual compelling argument re build diversity and power creep.

in Guardian

Nike.2631

My issue with Pure of SIght is that its inconsistent with the general principles of trait design seen across all of the professions. Most minor traits are fairly weapon-choice agnostic. Bleed on crit works for any weapon. Reduced weapon swap cooldown works for any weapon. A trait that works (well) with an extremely limited sub set of a professions weapon is not a good choice for a trait you can’t dodge around. When the Devs implemented the new simplified trait system they publicly acknowledged one of the dangers of the new system was they had to be careful because there were so few alternative paths around a bad trait if one got into the mix. That’s even more true of the minor traits. They may be minor, but they have to be held to a higher standard of design and any piece of the trios. Due to its narrow application, Pure of Sight doesn’t meet that standard and it’s effect should be moved or reworked while the class is still in flux.

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

The only argument to change something is because someone doesn’t like it? Um, no, it’s really not the only argument to change something.

I’m not avoiding those arguments, I just don’t see their relevance here. I don’t see an issue with power creep or how it’s related to DH if there is one and build diversity is not any less with DH than it was prior to HoT. In otherwords … those issues, if they exist, don’t change with addition of DH elite spec as it is now, or in any other form you can imagine. Therefore, ‘fixing’ DH doesn’t address those issues anyways.

in Guardian

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I would have thought that since the Master Minor trait, Defenders Dogma, was to do with blocking and the Justice virtue, then the GM minor would have been something similar as well.

Maybe something like adding some Super Speed on Virtue use or 20% more damage on the next attack after blocking. Even changing the 10% more damage “at greater than X range” conditional to “has vulnerability” for other trait synergy.

As it is now, its very bad.