What's this farming build I keep seeing?

in Guardian

Posted by: iselin.8253

iselin.8253

Q:

I’m just curious. I’ve seen them several places: Guardians using a scepter + torch spamming autoattack at nothing in particular and then teleporting from one mob to another… seems like a “super enhanced” Judge’s Intervention that teleports much farther than 1200 and they seem to trigger it more often than you should be able to, even traited.

Not condoning bot-farming by any means but it seems everyone of them I see is a guardian with the same exact build and behavior.

I have an 80 Guardian myself but with a 2-HD Greatsword/Staff build. Still mostly a noob though so I’m not all that familiar with scepter/torch builds.

Any guesses?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

You’ll have to elaborate a little more, I’m afraid.

Neither Sceptre nor Torches have teleportation abilities, but the Guardian can still switch to a Sword for Blinding Flash. As far as I’m aware, Judge’s Intervention and Purging Flames share the same animation, only the latter doesn’t have any teleportation capabilities.

in Guardian

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

There are some farm bot hacks which automatically teleport you to the target. Maybe thats what you saw?

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Guardian

Posted by: Gulbrandr.9047

Gulbrandr.9047

It’s a botfarm. People are exploiting to get the teleport behavior you report. Guessing they’re using the scepter solely because it’s ranged (most bots I’ve seen use ranged skills).

in Guardian

Posted by: Renegadeimp.8439

Renegadeimp.8439

Or some build based on the mediation skill, but most likely a bot.

in Guardian

Posted by: Felsch.5802

Felsch.5802

We guardians do have a skill which teleports us and burn the area in meanwhile, it;s a skill that doesn’t require weapons and is buyable for skillpoints… I forgot the name

- Being Bored, that’s my way of live.

in Guardian

Posted by: Gulbrandr.9047

Gulbrandr.9047

Judge’s Insight. But the bots you see will be doing it 1.) to corpses, and 2.) far quicker than JI could ever possibly recharge.

in Guardian

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

hmm I don’t know about that one but I know that 1hand sword (#2 skill) gives you a teleport. I’m having a blast with it on my baby guardian.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flashing_Blade

(edited by Rpgtabbycat.5869)

in Guardian

Posted by: Intrinsic.2758

Intrinsic.2758

These are bots yes, i’ve reported one i saw the other day on my server. They teleport to anything auto attack pics up, even those 1 shot mobs that roam around, guardians are used i guess due to the survivability. The one i saw was using a greatsword.