Where is the 2H -20% cooldown reduction?

in Guardian

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

I mean, the lack of Two Handed Mastery trait in the expansion will not only hurt the support that currently provides the staff: will also tear appart the greatsword and hammer rotations in meditation builds.

I see no compensation for the dps/momentum lost with the lack of this trait (I known that some popular med variants doesn’t invest points in Honor, but I do and I saw this absence as a HUGE nerf in damage/cc).

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

its on a weapon based trait now. No blanket 2H mastery anymore in HOT.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Posted by: Viralseed.9362

Viralseed.9362

All two-handed weapons have cooldown reduction in their own traits instead of a single trait

• Greatsword is in the Zeal specialization.
  • Staff is in the Honor specialization.
  • Hammer is in the Virtues specialization.

In addition, Sword and Mace have gained cooldown reductions. Scepter and Longbow have yet to receive a reduction.

ArenaNet wants players to specialize weapons in addition to utility skills. Besides underwater weapons, what professions have access to trait that include cooldown reductions for multiple weapons? Some professions don’t have cooldown reductions for as many weapons as we do.

Edit: After looking through the other professions (excluding elite specializations and the incomplete Engineer), only three professions have anomalies:

• Guardians do not have a cooldown reduction for Scepter skills.
  • Necromancers do not have a cooldown reduction for Scepter skills.
  • Rangers have a cooldown reduction for Torch and Dagger skills on the same trait.

All three are currently present in the game in a similar form.

(edited by Viralseed.9362)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

and where is LB 20% ? They missed it I guess.

in Guardian

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

There isn’t one currently

in Guardian

Posted by: AGGabriel.9230

AGGabriel.9230

I hope there will be one a 60 sec ,,Hunter’s Ward ,, rly now? I imagine that being a last resort skill for escape or to capture someone near down + i hope they ad some vulne trait on LB , to go on a full trait line just to give some ads of 10-20% more dmg and a knock-back on 7s colldown rly is that all

in Guardian

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Maybe that’s intended, considering some of those skills have super low CD, or very strong effect?

in Guardian

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

will also tear appart the greatsword and hammer rotations in meditation builds

Wut…

Baer

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

It’s ninja nerfs like this that will keep me from even trying the expansion.

Guardian was pretty average of late and has the most unappealing prestige class coming in the expansion… no ranger plays traps why would a guardian? If this expansion is trying to bring back lost players it is failing miserably.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

It’s ninja nerfs like this that will keep me from even trying the expansion.

Guardian was pretty average of late and has the most unappealing prestige class coming in the expansion… no ranger plays traps why would a guardian? If this expansion is trying to bring back lost players it is failing miserably.

Rangers don’t play traps because those traps are useless in terms of effect, not mechanic… Anet tried to make traps that have real impact to the fight. I

Also you’d be the only one who probably will leave because of expansion, people WILL come back. Also even if you don’t buy expansion, the trait change is inevitable.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Maybe that’s intended, considering some of those skills have super low CD, or very strong effect?

I believe this is the case. With the exception of LB5, the skills look like they be already been -20% ified. Lb2 is 4 seconds, compared to Hammer’s 4 3/4 seconds when the cooldown is reduced. 12 and 15 seconds also look like they’re just rounded to the best looking whole number. The anomaly is LB5, as it’s currently 60s, and I don’t really think a 72s base skill is really all that great. 60s isn’t that great. I’d prefer to see it at kitten , which would be much closer to a 60s base with 20% reduction (48s).

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Isn’t the LB trait the knockback one?

I don’t think they always do a cooldown reduction for all the weapons. For instance, necromancer axe and scepter don’t get a flat cooldown reduction. Axe gets a cooldown reduction via hitting things though, but scepter just gets increased condition damage and condition duration.

Similarly, the necromaner’s reaper specialization gets a greatsword trait without a flat cooldown reduction. It has the 2% per hit thing though. The mesmer’ chronomancer specialization does not seem to even have a shield trait yet. In comparison, dragonhunter gets heavy light for knockback on the arrow skills at melee-ish range. I guess maybe that might be the only trait they’ll get for it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

I mean, the lack of Two Handed Mastery trait in the expansion will not only hurt the support that currently provides the staff: will also tear appart the greatsword and hammer rotations in meditation builds.

I see no compensation for the dps/momentum lost with the lack of this trait (I known that some popular med variants doesn’t invest points in Honor, but I do and I saw this absence as a HUGE nerf in damage/cc).

Ive never seen a meditation build that goes further than 1 point in honor…

in Guardian

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

will also tear appart the greatsword and hammer rotations in meditation builds

Wut…

I didn’t mean using greatsword and hammer at the same time, I was talking about how that 20% cdr affects the rotations, but forget about it: I didn’t saw the Zealous Blade, Honorable Staff and Virtuous Mallet traits. Now for meditation builds is ~the same as before.

@Vizardlorde: I go 6 points in Honour and also cleric amulet (instead of zerk) in PvP with my physical damage meditation build. I known the meta, but playing ranking matches with random pugs (as I do) makes me to appreciate a lot more the sustain than the burst spikes of damage.

After seeing all the traits again I’m now more calm: the changes had a minor impact on the current metitation builds, which will still perform the best in the PvP arenas.