Which traitline would you sacrifice for DH?

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

The current PVE meta is a combination of Zeal, Radiance and Virtues. By selecting DH we would have to give up one of these traitlines in order to gain access to the reworked virtues, bow and traps. Zeal contains 3 damage modifier that add up to 35% additively or 38.6% multiplied. Radiance contains a 25-45% critical chance and enables blind/burn/might/vulnerability spam with renewed justice. Lastly Virtues offers unscathed contender, consecration duration/cooldown, absolute resolution, and group stunbreak+stability. Would you be able to sacrifice one of these lines for DH in pve? Which line would you give up?

in Guardian

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

I can’t decide and my current build is a hybrid across 4 trait lines so its really tough. I think I’ll have to wait til I can actually get my hands on it to see how things feel.

I am fairly sure I want to keep virtues because I love absolute resolution, but I’m not sure what to do for my 3rd trait line.

(edited by rajule.8054)

in Guardian

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

Radiance because I don’t like 1 handers.

Baer

in Guardian

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

Dragonhunter, zeal, and radiance seem pretty good together. Putting MoC and UC in the same virtues line really hurt the line. Right now traiting into virtues is like 5% of a loss to get a well rounded build. I think virtues would lead to too much of a loss in damage so that would probably go except for some fractals and stuff where you could use all the reflect uptime you could possibly get. Shield of avenger will last longer so that should help not having MoC as well. We will see what the almighty spreadsheets tell us. Zeal will be a staple in all builds regardless though.

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

You seem to all forgot about the changes to trait. Radiance won’t be as good anymore, while the emphasis on symbol make Honor a better choice. At thing are right now, it seem that Zeal, Honor, DH could be the new meta. But a lot could change before release.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Virtues in a second, because even now, it’s damage potential and support options for PVE are weak.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

You seem to all forgot about the changes to trait. Radiance won’t be as good anymore, while the emphasis on symbol make Honor a better choice. At thing are right now, it seem that Zeal, Honor, DH could be the new meta. But a lot could change before release.

Not everyone is going to specialize in Symbols and any build that takes 2+ medi skills are going to want Valor over Honor tree.

Any type of Condi/Hybrid build will find Radiance 3x more significant than any other tree.

I see the guardian having three different meta builds.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Vizardlorde.8243

lets see 15% more crit for 1hs or Fury for all weapons adept, 10% damage modifier with retaliation or burning on crit on master, 33% more burn damage and burn on block for GM doesnt seem bad at all for a power build especially since several of our good traits trigger on burn like Fiery wrath, Radiant Power, and Fire inside.

in Guardian

Posted by: Diak Atoli.2085

Diak Atoli.2085

I’ll probably run a PvE Zeal/Radiance/Dragonhunter build using greatsword and signets/traps. +70% damage modifier and 80% chance to critical with celestial gear? Yes, please!

in Guardian

Vizardlorde.8243

I’ll probably run a PvE Zeal/Radiance/Dragonhunter build using greatsword and signets/traps. +70% damage modifier and 80% chance to critical with celestial gear? Yes, please!

Oh god Celestial Hambow guardians in the making

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Probably nothing. I like the idea behind my Zeal/Radiance/Valor build, but I figure I’ll probably at least try trading out Zeal for DH just to get the bow.

in Guardian

Posted by: Diak Atoli.2085

Diak Atoli.2085

Actually, scepter/torch was going to be my offset, but now that you mention it!

in Guardian

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Personally, I’ll try Zeal, Honor and DH with Hammer/LB or GS (depending on which offers better damage). As for traits, I’ll definitely get the virtues one, especially the one that adds 15% damage with VoJ.

Main weapon will now be hammer for the 20% more damage while standing in symbols. So we’re looking at least 45% damage modifiers with hammer (honor is primarily for long lasting symbols.)

in Guardian

Vizardlorde.8243

Personally, I’ll try Zeal, Honor and DH with Hammer/LB or GS (depending on which offers better damage). As for traits, I’ll definitely get the virtues one, especially the one that adds 15% damage with VoJ.

Main weapon will now be hammer for the 20% more damage while standing in symbols. So we’re looking at least 45% damage modifiers with hammer (honor is primarily for long lasting symbols.)

Thats pretty nice permanent protection, healing, vulnerability, burns, +20% more damage all from just pressing 1

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Not everyone is going to specialize in Symbols and any build that takes 2+ medi skills are going to want Valor over Honor tree.

Any type of Condi/Hybrid build will find Radiance 3x more significant than any other tree.

I see the guardian having three different meta builds.

It’s a discussion about PvE meta. Pls read.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Why not? Most of the Longbow Guardian skills (with Justice feature) mimics Warrior Longbow skills (and even the new Tome of Wrath proposed, “Feel My Wrath”) is basically Warrior’s Signet of Rage.