Whirling Wrath + Sigil of Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: TehGems.1947

TehGems.1947

So, I keep hearing that Sigil of Rage on a GS is very good because of how it works with WW, but I have no idea what that is about.
Can someone please elaborate?
Thanks guys!

in Guardian

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Sigil of Rage is highly underrated since the general revamped Sigil changes earlier this year (it had a reduction to 30s cooldown AND 50% chance to proc on crit for a 3s Quickness buff). Any ability that routinely hits more than one target (cleaves) or AoEs well has a chance to proc the effect so it happens nearly always and immediately. The Quickness effect is immediate for all future channeling of the ability.

This means that for Greatsword which is highly AoE and has several attacks, the Sigil of Rage proc is extremely likely even with a low critical chance. The burst output is simply dramatic.

Sigil of Rage is great for a lot of weapons (i.e. even Staff because of ‘1’ and ‘3’).

TL;DR Any weapon with Cleave or lots of AoE/pierce should use Sigil of Rage. That and they are super cheap on the Auction House.

in Guardian

TehGems.1947

Very nice answer.
Now I’ll ask for some advice. Currently I’m running GS+S/F with full zerk stuff.
On my weapons I have sigils of force and accuracy. I don’t plan to pve much from now but just wvw (and spvp), so what sigil should I cut from my weapons? The obvious choice seems force, but I want to be sure seeing as they are pretty expensive on the TP.

in Guardian

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

Very nice answer.
Now I’ll ask for some advice. Currently I’m running GS+S/F with full zerk stuff.
On my weapons I have sigils of force and accuracy. I don’t plan to pve much from now but just wvw (and spvp), so what sigil should I cut from my weapons? The obvious choice seems force, but I want to be sure seeing as they are pretty expensive on the TP.

tbh those sigils are a lot weaker because air/fire sigils have shorter cd’s (specifically air at 3s) and will give a higher dmg boost

gerdian

in Guardian

TehGems.1947

So what would a good setup be?
Something like air/rage on GS and fire/battle on S/F?

in Guardian

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

ive been running air/rage on GS and air/generosity on S/F and I think its the best setup so far

gerdian

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

You should consider celerity. It’s a stacking sigil that gives 5s quickness after 25 stacks. However, with the same changes to sigils, stacking sigils count 5 stacks when killing players. Now imagine fighting a zerg and you’ll see how this could be fantastic.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

i agree with most but i will give a tip . do not use it in zerg fights against a lot of heavy armor players that are full of retaliation .

it is good for roaming , but it can return to curse to zerg fights

p.s. i use it in hammer too . it is very funny the protection spam on character :p

(edited by Reborn.2934)