Who Gets Nerfed?

Who Gets Nerfed?

in Guardian

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

If you are evaluating Guardian against each of the following classes right now, who gets nerfed of the two? This is designed to get classes to consider where they rank in terms of viability and which classes just suck compared to them.

Guardian v:

1) Elementalist
2) Engineer
3) Mesmer
4) Necromancer
5) Ranger
6) Thief
7) Warrior

Simple answers (put explanations underneath if you want). Which class gets the nerf between the two (Guardian or each of the 7 others)?

Who Gets Nerfed?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

100% biased wvwvw answer.

Mesmer and Thief.

No rhyme or reason, but they are the only ones that annoy me. =)

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Who Gets Nerfed?

in Guardian

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

100% biased wvwvw answer.

Mesmer and Thief.

No rhyme or reason, but they are the only ones that annoy me. =)

Slow persistent condition spamming necromancers don’t grind your gears? I own a necro and I absolutely hate em so clearly you are a gentleman that I’ll never be. I honestly feel like I’m playing some sort of stealth game with smart AI when a necromancer (and certain other condition classes) walk onto the field. It also isn’t like I’m walking around with 0 condition removal either, I got smite condition and contemplation of purity on decreased cool downs which can’t handle their burst.

Since I can’t just nerf every class that uses conditions, my choices will be the classes abilities overall with less emphasis on their condition abilities.

1) Guardian 2)Guardian 3)Neither 4)Necromancer 5) Guardian 6) Guardian 7) Warrior.

I would say Guardian for 7) but unsuspecting foe allows warriors to spec themselves almost as freely as a condition dealing class and that’s not a good thing when a lot of those tanky condition fellows can burst you down almost as fast as a certain full zerker classes.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

Who Gets Nerfed?

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

1. Neither, this always feels like a pretty balanced match to me.
2. Engineer — Conditions are too strong right now in 1v1 and small groups, and Engineer sustain is exceptional to say the least.
3. Neither
4. Necromancer — Again, conditions are incredibly powerful right now.
5. Neither
6. I would say Thief, but S/D is already getting “rebalanced” in December, so. Neither.
7. If Healing Signet weren’t as crazy as it is, I’d say some Guardian builds have too many blinds for them in 1v1, but since Healing Signet will still be able to carry almost any Warrior’s sustain against most non-glass builds, I’m saying Warrior.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

Who Gets Nerfed?

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

3) mesmers – well, really depends on the spec for this class. some can be REALLY annoying for me.
2) + 4) maybe engineers and necro? – more necro than engi, but again depends on the build.
7) good warriors. sepecially if condi regen spec.

i guess namely condi tanks i don’t like dancing with.

also, depends what build you’re running your Guardian on. i never stick to any given build so it’s tough to choose as well ://

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Who Gets Nerfed?

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

1. Fairly evenly matched
2. Engineer – I’ve not found a build yet that is effective against a well played condi engineer.
3. Can swing either way depending on the builds ( and the difference between a skilled mesmer and an ok mesmer is fairly substantial )
4 Necro – too much HP – no matter how you spec it takes too long to drop their HP down before the conditions get you, even if you’re good at avoiding marks
5 Neither
6 I’d probably favour the guardian here in a general sense provided you don’t get taken by surprise.
7 Regen warrior – I don’t actually mind a stun warrior so much, their burst is fairly easy to dodge or break out from and their attacks are generally predictable, but a healing signet/condi warrior is impossible right now.

caveat. Even when fights are favourable or balanced for us, usually the opponent can just disengage and run and we have no way of stopping them.

in order of annoyance: 1) Engineer, 2) Necro, 3) Warrior, 4) Mesmer, 5) Elementalist, 6) Thief, 7) Guardian QQ

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)