Whriling Wrath bug?

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I posted this in the bug section, but I want to see if anyone else is having the same problem. I’ve been having a problem with this skill every since the October 15 patch. My character will do the animation, however there is no damage and it will go on a four second cool down. It’s becoming quite annoying because I don’t know what’s causing it.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Posted by: Unibot.5916

Unibot.5916

probably an autoattack interrupts it and its goes on cooldown… as not finished…

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Posted by: Coltain.1395

Coltain.1395

Happened to both me and my gf. The bug appears to be random (couldn’t recreate it) but it happened more frequently in zergs (the new Mad King realm and WvW).

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Harbinger.8637

Yes it does happen a lot in WvW and does seem random. If I’m interrupting it that’s fine, just stop the animation. It goes through the whole animation. I never had a problem with this before.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

can confirm. well.. at least i have seemed to notice the situation you’ve described. but the lag is so bad in WvW right now so i wouldn’t be suprised if it’s a mix of graphical glitches, to the skill not firing off or seem like it did but the hits not registering.

the other day i held down my hammer 5 long enough for me to go through the animation, the ring actually shows up on screen but my skill then never goes on CD. ://

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kirnale.5914

Kirnale.5914

Happens to me too since that patch. I’ve played since beta and I know this skill wasn’t interrupted by monsters, or me accidentally use other skills or dodge etc. . It occurs completely random and as said above, more frequently in bigger zerks. Clearly needs a fix, cause it interrupt my burst. :/

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

I’m thinking it could be because of this change:

• Made it easier to retarget channeled skills. Now if players try to recast them on a separate target, it will cancel the current instance of the skill and start casting it again on the other target.

I tried Whirling Wrath about 50 times and I can only get it to fail if I autoattack in the middle. The animation will fizzle out and it will prioritize the auto-attack.

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Actually, I figured it out for realsies. If you tab target and spam channeled skills it will try to retarget and rechannel.

This is probably exacerbated in zergy/laggy fights.

Edit: I forwarded this along. Thanks for the reports!

(edited by Josh Davis.6015)

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

interesting, was able to recreate it too and I get the added bonus of being stuck in a whirling wrath animation while I walk around…. :p Good catch!

on a side note, oh thank god a dev looked at the guardian forums!

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

ah good catch – I failed to recreate it in the mists this morning, didn’t think to try switching targets mid-cast

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

interesting, was able to recreate it too and I get the added bonus of being stuck in a whirling wrath animation while I walk around…. :p Good catch!

on a side note, oh thank god a dev looked at the guardian forums!

ah nice! the infi-spin bug returns… now my preferred method of travel around lions arch until it gets fixed

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

CMF.5461

I had to agro (hit 2 training dummies so they turn red) first then I could tab target between them.

at that point I just hit tab and 2 at the same time a bunch of times and it would cancel the animation but keep the spin going.

in lions arch not sure if the training dummies up in the fort will let you tab target, I never go there but worth a shot to look silly

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

I had to agro (hit 2 training dummies so they turn red) first then I could tab target between them.

Yeah got it working first try ;-) I feel like an olympic hammer thrower

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Posted by: Herio.5890

Herio.5890

Something like this happens to Staff #2 skill when you try to use it on a heavily surrounded enemy. It doesn’t do any damage. I think it could be happening when the orb goes through a determined number of players while healing them.

Can anyone confirm this?

Herio, Sylvari Guardian from Gandara.

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

CMF.5461

Yeah got it working first try ;-) I feel like an olympic hammer thrower

rofl!

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Harbinger.8637

Actually, I figured it out for realsies. If you tab target and spam channeled skills it will try to retarget and rechannel.

This is probably exacerbated in zergy/laggy fights.

Edit: I forwarded this along. Thanks for the reports!

I appreciate it.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

akamon.2769

the one plus is that i am always stuck in forever spinnyD which i haven’t been able to do in a while. lol

and then i wonder would cleansing flame work the same? other than spinning myself dizzy, forever flames is also always fun.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Especially as an asura where your little feet remain off the ground the whole time

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

akamon.2769

^^ must try now.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Sadly I could only get it to work for Whirling Wrath

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

CMF.5461

Stop all work on guardians! we just reached perfection! #spintowin

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

akamon.2769

NICE! spinning only? good enough for me. now can we do it in LA with the dummies??

also, don’t forget you can switch weapons. so spin away with your mace, scepter, staff.. and best of all.. HAMMER! that should really be a move on the hammer btw. causes knockback with every single hit as well ; ))

and if it still works the way it used to.. pop virtues of shouts or anything that’s instant to keep yourself “in combat” so the animation doesn’t stop.

though i guess eventually this will need to be fixed lol so we don’t pop CDs and do no dmg.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Especially as an asura where your little feet remain off the ground the whole time

This needs video before they fix it…..

Never mind….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

akamon.2769

:OOO no. they didn’t. did they??

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

The only bug they shouldn’t fix gets fixed super quick…

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

The other Guardian bugged skill is leap of faith, occasionally it’ll leap over your target, instead of at them.

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

The other Guardian bugged skill is leap of faith, occasionally it’ll leap over your target, instead of at them.

I’m hesitant to use Leap of Faith in certain places such as the Ascalonian Catacombs. If leap of faith bugs out at the Spider Queen or at Lieutenant Kholer it could kill the whole team.

The Whirling Wrath bug is harmless and some players even enjoy it. I’ve tested it and while it keeps spinning it does no damage. Personally, I wouldn’t give it a high priority on fixing it.

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

That’s not really a Guardian-specific bug, its pretty much an issue with a large number of forward movement “leap” skills when used on hills. Very annoying.

They need to take a look at all of them when used on sloped terrain. They should follow the terrain instead of just leaping forward into the air.

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

There are numerous walls you can also “leap of faith” through. The crypt in haranthi, for example.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Posted by: Naranek.3467

Naranek.3467

Generally, we greatly appreciate the work the devs do in addressing bugs.

HOWEVER: runaway spinning, which actually sounds kind of fun, gets fixed in a couple of days; Symbol of Swiftness, our only weapon-based speed buff, was bugged for months, IIRC. Just sayin’.

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

They’re trying to remove the warrior spins too. #Anetpriorities

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I see that people don’t seem to understand that the time to fix a bug includes the time to understand what causes it. Just sayin’

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I found myself stuff in spinning and raised-above-my-head GS animations recently until pressing a different skill.

I don’t use any channeling skills…

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

Posted by: Naranek.3467

Naranek.3467

I see that people don’t seem to understand that the time to fix a bug includes the time to understand what causes it. Just sayin’

Let us know if you see any of those people.

Whriling Wrath bug?

in Guardian

akamon.2769

@Obtena – hopefully most people do see that. i think this was a nice little fun “bug” to have. at lesat to be able to do in LA, etc. though if it really does completely nullify all damage it does when it happens, then perhaps it needed a fix (i personally attribute that to the lag though).

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall