Why are AH builds frowned upon in PvE?

in Guardian

Posted by: purgatoryz.6038

purgatoryz.6038

Pugs are pugs, you get what you get. No sense getting a superiority complex when you are rolling the dice like that.

That said, AH will never be used by the top tier players when they group together, simply because AH doesn’t help the group, at all.

You have to understand, it’s different thinking entirely. Any casual can complete an encounter, the hardcores want to obliterate it. That means everyone running optimal gear, optimal traits, and actually knowing how to use them.

in Guardian

Posted by: Danson.1094

Danson.1094

Pugs are pugs, you get what you get. No sense getting a superiority complex when you are rolling the dice like that.

That said, AH will never be used by the top tier players when they group together, simply because AH doesn’t help the group, at all.

You have to understand, it’s different thinking entirely. Any casual can complete an encounter, the hardcores want to obliterate it. That means everyone running optimal gear, optimal traits, and actually knowing how to use them.

Which also entails doing so at your own discretion and your own leisure. There’s no reason to include anybody else, or to insult others because they don’t want to play that way.

Danson – Guardian on Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

There’s no reason to include anybody else, or to insult others because they don’t want to play that way.

I’m so glad you now realize this.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Guardian

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

Look if you are going to respond to my post then read them. This is second time you have done this today. Read the bold. What PoV build doesn’t run Aria? On another note if you are Sw/F and Gs then no longer lasting symbols doesn’t mean much at all. Argument for the sake of argument is stupid and unproductive.

Dude, chill. I’ll point out two things for you:
I’m talking about aria without PoV. Aria itself is a hell of a trait. And i mentioned longer lasting symbols with hammer+gs in mind, not S/F. I’m sorry you didn’t understand my post, but i did read yours.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

in Guardian

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Look if you are going to respond to my post then read them. This is second time you have done this today. Read the bold. What PoV build doesn’t run Aria? On another note if you are Sw/F and Gs then no longer lasting symbols doesn’t mean much at all. Argument for the sake of argument is stupid and unproductive.

I’m talking about aria without PoV. Aria itself is a hell of a trait. And i mentioned longer lasting symbols with hammer+gs in mind, not S/F. I’m sorry you didn’t understand my post, but i did read yours.

I am not angry, excited, or anything else. Aria is a good trait on its own but honestly I do not see the point in the investment unless you are going up the line in Honor for the symbols heavy build you describe (I would probably just carry the last writ but that is me). I see that as a support build. However, I would rather not play that type of build myself. To clarify thing I do not run AH I run 10 25 0 30 5 with some support from PoV (necklace is knight every other piece of gear zerk). If I lose DPS to support the party I want it to be the right type of DPS.

This is the issue at hand actually. Hammer support the party by providing protection and blast finishers nearly on demand but will not compare to sword in DPS. Imho it is inefficient outside an organized group and even then it better to burn faster and quicker while supporting without sacrificing much DPS.

That being said as my original post said the main issue is that you should really only carry the support needed while optimizing DPS. Not to be rude but you are an advocate for this yourself. Carrying too much support will not help. And while protection is nice dodging is better. You more than most should understand this.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Guardian

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

I honestly think its mostly the ego thing. I like AH build because while I get a little boost in survivability I also maximize the +critdmg I get from my trait line – 30% nothing to just shrug at.

The gear I run with is still zerker, regardless. It works quite well for me.

(inb4 AH so selfish. Who in the right mind doesn’t use shouts with AH anyway? Shout=groupbuffs.)

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

in Guardian

Oxxy.7068

I am not angry, excited, or anything else. Aria is a good trait on its own but honestly I do not see the point in the investment unless you are going up the line in Honor for the symbols heavy build you describe (I would probably just carry the last writ but that is me). I see that as a support build. However, I would rather not play that type of build myself. To clarify thing I do not run AH I run 10 25 0 30 5 with some support from PoV (necklace is knight every other piece of gear zerk). If I lose DPS to support the party I want it to be the right type of DPS.

This is the issue at hand actually. Hammer support the party by providing protection and blast finishers nearly on demand but will not compare to sword in DPS. Imho it is inefficient outside an organized group and even then it better to burn faster and quicker while supporting without sacrificing much DPS.

That being said as my original post said the main issue is that you should really only carry the support needed while optimizing DPS. Not to be rude but you are an advocate for this yourself. Carrying too much support will not help. And while protection is nice dodging is better. You more than most should understand this.

It is not a symbol heavy build, it is basically 15 points into zeal and 20 into honor, it is meant to maintain perma protection, with a pretty high dps (lower than sword, for sure), and a stream of static vulnerability stacks, instead of just bursting them out by a blind rotation. While i do know that dodging is better than protection, sometimes you or your teammate will get hit, and perma protection does helps alot when that happens. If i had to pick my favorite support build, this one would be it.

Edit: also, hammer is pretty kitten powerful at clearing trash on dungeons/fractals.

My grammar is pretty kitten bad today, argh

(edited by Oxxy.7068)

in Guardian

Posted by: Sutcliffe.5491

Sutcliffe.5491

The simple fact of this entire matter is that you do more for your party without AH.

AH was the training wheels for guardians starting out when the game first came out, when people were clueless about boss mechanics, dodging and how to time CC’s, blinds and reflects. However, now that people have an understanding of what to do in dungeons, AH is no longer required, and better much more efficient builds can be run to cut down on run times and result in smoother, less kitten hit the fan type clears.

I agree with Swiftpaw’s assessment. In a party situation, the more important things are support and dps..not personal survivability.

If u are taking AH to gain survivability, u are putting 30 points in Valor.
U are left with 40 points to play with. U can either go DPS with points in radiance and Zeal or go support route in Honor and Virtues. In these two cases, u have to sacrifice either dps or support.

By not going into AH, u could run a built like 10/30/0/5/25(the one i am currently using) In this built, U have both dps and support.
Dps traits like fiery wraith/radiant power.
Support traits like absolute resolution and master of consecrations.

Its actually just a simple tradeoff problem. Either u get
1)good survivability/good dps/weak support (AH built traited for dps) or
2)good survivability/weak dps/good support (AH built traited for support) or
3)weak survivability/good dps/good support (builts like eg 10/30/0/0/25)

Skilled players will not mind the decline in survivability for good dps n support

(edited by Sutcliffe.5491)

in Guardian

Danson.1094

I’ll add something productive whilst ignoring our friends.

First of all, there is nothing saying that DPS and AH cannot mix. I run full Zerker with trinkets to make sure my baseline damage is acceptable, because a Guardian without Power and Prec at the very least on their armor simply won’t be damaging much at all. Being deep into Valor, in order to get AH, I also pick up an additional 30% crit damage. That brings my crit damage to 89% and my crit chance to 38%, which could obviously be better if my focus was more damage. Depending on how I run my traits, this nets me 4.5k-5k Mighty Blow crits, 3k-3.5k from Orb of Light crits, and 1.5k-2k auto attack crits. I do crit fairly often, too, especially in battle when things like Fury are getting activated.

So what’s up with the AH? Why would I run that instead of Radiance for more crit? Because I run dungeons with PUGs and with friends who just don’t have the time to play for the hours each day it takes to become completely comfortable with dodging and mitigating damage. In other words, I play with real people, who can make mistakes (myself included). When I’m in full zerker without any self sustain, only support and DPS, those mistakes usually end up as a party wipe (or several).

Having very significant healing on top of my support and my damage helps in those cases. This isn’t a theory. I have suffered through dungeons in full Zerker, traited for DPS, unable to perform well because the other players simply weren’t performing at that level either. With a glass build you aren’t relying on heals to keep you alive, you’re relying on your party to not mess up. I’d rather be able to carry a bad group through a dungeon and succeed than out DPS everybody but fail because someone missed a dodge.

I still have 30 in Honor, which is something that was addressed on the first page. Someone said they’d rather have Honor than Valor. Why not both? I can run Superior Aria and Pure of Voice AND Altruistic Healing. The only way you’re getting more support out of a Guardian is by running 30 Honor/30 Virtues/?, which kind of saps the whole “deal damage” thing that seems so important. Also, the heals I get from AH ARE helping my party. When I use Empower, my party gets 12 stacks of might. When I use Stand Your Ground, my party gets Stability and Retaliation. When I use Hold The Line, my party gets regen and protection. I’m using these skills anyway, especially the shouts, because I have Pure of Voice and Superior Aria. Why not get some healing myself for them? Sure, a lot of the time I’m at 100% HP and barely utilizing the heals. But when kitten hits the fan? Yes, please, thousands of extra health.

I’ll stop rambling now, just wanted to add something productive for players who aren’t sure what to do. There are a lot of choices. I’m apparently using a suboptimal build and experiencing great success with it, which is why I defend it. Your mileage may vary.

(edited by Danson.1094)

in Guardian

Posted by: Shukay.3728

Shukay.3728

Why can’t people accept that AH is a bad trait and move on?
I mean, anybody is free to use it if they want to, for whatever reason it is, but there is no need to get upset about the fact that it is a bad trait (well, valor in general is pretty meh) at PvE.

bad trait… you can’t say it is a bad trait… as your personal opinion you can say “you don’t need it”

but at numbers it isn’t a bad trait… work well for what it have to do.. heal with boons.. we have a guardian.. it give a lot of boons, we have also shouts for boons…. symbols….

not need is your personal opinion and it is ok..
but not say “is bad”
AH is one of the traits that have more synergy with the guardian

in Guardian

Oxxy.7068

@Shukay
It is a bad trait, because, as pointed our earlier, you have to choose between AH and group support or AH and DPS. You don’t have to use it in order to dish out boons, using AH only rewards yourself, you could’ve put these points on other lines, either PoV, or lasting symbols + lasting consecrations, etc etc.
I’ve got nothing against the fact that some people need it, but that doesn’t make AH any less meh.

in Guardian

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

It is not a symbol heavy build, it is basically 15 points into zeal and 20 into honor, it is meant to maintain perma protection, with a pretty high dps (lower than sword, for sure), and a stream of static vulnerability stacks, instead of just bursting them out by a blind rotation. While i do know that dodging is better than protection, sometimes you’ll get hit, or your teammate, and perma protection does helps alot when that happens. If i had to pick my favorite support build, this one would be my favorite.

Edit: also, hammer is pretty kitten powerful at clearing trash at dungeons/fractals.

And honestly that why I bring PoV so I can choose when protection goes up (through hold the line) but yes constant protection is definitely a plus for everyone. That being said in terms of vulnerability it depends on the fight. Sw/F + GS will have better up time on big stacks as Symbol Exposure is not better than Blind Exposure (Sorry but not even by a long shot). TBH Depending on the fight and how many mobs are there and can just stream it out using Justice is Blind and Renewed Justice.

Some times you’ll get hit. And this is why I am not necessarily against players bringing what they need to survive to a fight. Why I say bring AH if you need it. A player could run 10 30 30 0 0 and put out all the DPS needed and then some. Selfish build perhaps but it would be very effective at DPS.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Guardian

Danson.1094

@Shukay
It is a bad trait, because, as pointed our earlier, you have to choose between AH and group support or AH and DPS. You don’t have to use it in order to dish out boons, using AH only rewards yourself, you could’ve put these points on other lines, either PoV, or lasting symbols + lasting consecrations, etc etc.
I’ve got nothing against the fact that some people need it, but that doesn’t make AH any less meh.

Is it so bad to simply want AH? Not need it? The reason I met you with criticism is because when you phrase things like that, it sounds like you’re putting yourself above them. What if its the case that I simply think AH is a cool skill and I like the effect? That’s all I was getting at about personal preference. Even if there is an objectively “best” setup, there are a huge number of people who don’t have any interest in playing that way. NOTE: They don’t have an interest in it. It’s not that they’re not good enough, or that they suck, or they can’t dodge. It’s that they don’t want to run that build. Very important, key thing.

I happen to think Sword/Focus with Meditations is a fun build. What’s not fun about teleporting around? Teleport with your sword, teleport with Judge’s Intervention, teleport with Merciful Intervention.. lots of mobility, and a lot of fun to play.

Also not as effective as other builds. My stance? Who cares.

Apologies for earlier posts. It’s a discussion again.

(edited by Danson.1094)

in Guardian

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

That being said in terms of vulnerability it depends on the fight. Sw/F + GS will have better up time on big stacks as Symbol Exposure is not better than Blind Exposure (Sorry but not even by a long shot). TBH Depending on the fight and how many mobs are there and can just stream it out using Justice is Blind and Renewed Justice.

Like you said; it depends on the fight. You’ll maintain better vuln up time with a symbol build on trash (mostly relevant in fractals), but blinding exposure works out better for bosses. Though, you can have blinding exposure in a symbol build anyway, still works with Virtue of Justice.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in Guardian

Shukay.3728

oozy or friends.. post a build with http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQBAA-w so all can figure better you..

but as also people play cleric gear with guardians in dungeon don’t care if people play AH
is bad is good? ok.. but people don’t care that.. they play what they wanna play…

this is as play fractal with 4 guardians and see 0 wall of reflection….. you can blame but not more….

in Guardian

Danson.1094

Shukay has the right idea.. regardless of anything else, it comes down to personal preference. People are going to play what they want to play. Regarding not seeing certain skills used, there are tactful, nice ways that you can suggest these things to players who might not be very skilled yet. Don’t treat them like they’re second class citizens because they don’t understand it as well as you do. That’s just wrong. Offer some advice, if they refuse to heed it, drop it and hope you can finish your run. No need to make fun of them on forums after the fact.

in Guardian

Oxxy.7068

@Shukay

Is it so bad to simply want AH? Not need it? The reason I met you with criticism is because when you phrase things like that, it sounds like you’re putting yourself above them. What if its the case that I simply think AH is a cool skill and I like the effect? That’s all I was getting at about personal preference. Even if there is an objectively “best” setup, there are a huge number of people who don’t have any interest in playing that way. NOTE: They don’t have an interest in it. It’s not that they’re not good enough, or that they suck, or they can’t dodge. It’s that they don’t want to run that build. Very important, key thing.

I happen to think Sword/Focus with Meditations is a fun build. What’s not fun about teleporting around? Teleport with your sword, teleport with Judge’s Intervention, teleport with Merciful Intervention.. lots of mobility, and a lot of fun to play.

Also not as effective as other builds. My stance? Who cares.

Apologies for earlier posts. It’s a discussion again.

If you don’t care about being effective, fine, but… OP asked, and i quote: “Why are AH builds frowned upon?”, and what i just said is the very awnser for his question.
And to be honest with you, do you know any people good at dodging bosses tells running AH because they don’t care about efficiency? :/
I may sound like a kitten, but truth is most people take this kind of stuff too personally, and most people also hate being wrong.

@The guy
I think Cookie pretty much nailed anything i could’ve said. lol

@Shukay
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAsdBmIseAwD6vqCxD7BGhfHB-e

This is the trait setup i’m using right now, and my favorite as well. In thinking about changing it but i’m low on cash to buy new runes and another set of gear. Being poor ins’t cool.

in Guardian

Shukay.3728

@Oxxy

ok perfect,
i can figure your style of play thx traits ..

I prefer much more this way to continue repartee that are only wasting time ..

in your case I would seize to think, however, to change the GS with the scepter for “radiance XI” already tried? simple curiosity and know new points of view.

However, if the anticipation of the patch of 15 October are true meditations will give fury but with “monk’s focus” perhaps in that case rivaluterai something or not .. However, for safety I would recommend you do not buy anything before the patch
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/1234-october-15th-balance-skills-updates-preview/

and the symbols build?

Edit: another idea for your build will be, but losing a few of dps.. move 10 points from zeal to virtues. for consacration CD, 20% damage with aegis, and thx the F1 spam you will have also might spam. what do you think about this?

(edited by Shukay.3728)

in Guardian

Danson.1094

If you don’t care about being effective, fine, but… OP asked, and i quote: “Why are AH builds frowned upon?”, and what i just said is the very awnser for his question.
And to be honest with you, do you know any people good at dodging bosses tells running AH because they don’t care about efficiency? :/
I may sound like a kitten, but truth is most people take this kind of stuff too personally, and most people also hate being wrong.

He asked why they’re frowned upon, and the reason they’re frowned upon is because some players make a point to belittle those who use them and proclaim them ineffective, when in actuality they’re effective enough to handle any content currently in the game. That doesn’t mean they’re the most effective, but they’re not ineffective, and they’re not useless.

It’s not that I don’t care about being effective. I am effective. I complete the tasks I set out to do in the game very proficiently. I don’t care about being the MOST effective. I don’t care about MIN-MAXING, or POWERGAMING, like you do. I think the reason there’s a lot of resistance in the topic is because you are basically saying,

“This is the best build and if you don’t use it you are ineffective and bad.”

…which is kind of a crazy thing to say when people are completing content with flying colors. I think we all understand what you’re saying. In the right person’s hands and under the right circumstances, an ideal build is one that forgoes any sort of defense because there’s already a damage AVOIDANCE mechanic in the game. If you can perfect the system, then defense isn’t needed. That leaves room for more offense, which makes dungeons go more quickly.

I understand. Completely. But that’s not the only way to play. That’s the only thing anyone is trying to say here, as far as I can tell. Can you accept that, while your way may be the most effective, there are dozens of perfectly adequate ways to accomplish the exact same tasks?

If a build or a player isn’t as good as yours (you), it’s perfectly fine to recognize that. But one thing being better than another doesn’t render the previous thing useless. If you’re playing at 100% efficiency, the rest of us are playing at 80-90% efficiency. Not 0% efficiency.

in Guardian

Posted by: Berner.7289

Berner.7289

Why does no one point out that AH helps ensure maximum damage from 6/6 Scholar runes? I don’t think its at all selfish to keep my health bar in the zone that increases my damage output and uptime.

in Guardian

Danson.1094

No, I don’t know anybody that prescribes cookie cutter builds regardless of who they’re talking to. When I see people offer build advice, they typically ask questions about the player’s style, comfort level, interests in the game, stuff like that. People are very diverse. What works for some doesn’t work for all. I know you disagree with me on that but that’s my stance. I, for one, would never tell somebody who was unsure about their build to just “go Zerker, go DPS, and don’t die scrub”.

in Guardian

Oxxy.7068

@Shukay
The symbol build look like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQJASBmIsPAw6DxDTBG9IA-e
You can put the extra points at radiance to get the extra 10% damage on targets with conditions, and honor (PoV), radiance and virtues, just virtues (master of consecrations and absolute resolution) or maybe virtues and honor, but that’s pretty much the core of it.
As for the scepter question – Scepter is too much situational for my tastes, and doesn’t always means an increase to my dps, so i stick to GS (dropping RHS and focusing into precision runes is actually what i’m trying to change right now).
Also, 0/30/0/30/10 was my very first guardian build after i dropped AH. It is cool, and pretty much failproof for me, but i like the extra damage on fiery wrath.

(edited by Oxxy.7068)

in Guardian

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Which also entails doing so at your own discretion and your own leisure. There’s no reason to include anybody else, or to insult others because they don’t want to play that way.

Again….dungeons are group content…not solo content…so yeah..there is a reason to educate others. This is especially true if you look at the title of this thread…which specifically asks the question we have been answering. The only insults in this thread have come from the few who are obviously self conscious about their AH builds and feel the need to express those “feelings” towards those actually answering the OP’s question.

in Guardian

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

I’ll add something productive whilst ignoring our friends.

First of all, there is nothing saying that DPS and AH cannot mix. I run full Zerker with trinkets to make sure my baseline damage is acceptable, because a Guardian without Power and Prec at the very least on their armor simply won’t be damaging much at all. Being deep into Valor, in order to get AH, I also pick up an additional 30% crit damage. That brings my crit damage to 89% and my crit chance to 38%, which could obviously be better if my focus was more damage. Depending on how I run my traits, this nets me 4.5k-5k Mighty Blow crits, 3k-3.5k from Orb of Light crits, and 1.5k-2k auto attack crits. I do crit fairly often, too, especially in battle when things like Fury are getting activated.

So what’s up with the AH? Why would I run that instead of Radiance for more crit? Because I run dungeons with PUGs and with friends who just don’t have the time to play for the hours each day it takes to become completely comfortable with dodging and mitigating damage. In other words, I play with real people, who can make mistakes (myself included). When I’m in full zerker without any self sustain, only support and DPS, those mistakes usually end up as a party wipe (or several).

Having very significant healing on top of my support and my damage helps in those cases. This isn’t a theory. I have suffered through dungeons in full Zerker, traited for DPS, unable to perform well because the other players simply weren’t performing at that level either. With a glass build you aren’t relying on heals to keep you alive, you’re relying on your party to not mess up. I’d rather be able to carry a bad group through a dungeon and succeed than out DPS everybody but fail because someone missed a dodge.

I still have 30 in Honor, which is something that was addressed on the first page. Someone said they’d rather have Honor than Valor. Why not both? I can run Superior Aria and Pure of Voice AND Altruistic Healing. The only way you’re getting more support out of a Guardian is by running 30 Honor/30 Virtues/?, which kind of saps the whole “deal damage” thing that seems so important. Also, the heals I get from AH ARE helping my party. When I use Empower, my party gets 12 stacks of might. When I use Stand Your Ground, my party gets Stability and Retaliation. When I use Hold The Line, my party gets regen and protection. I’m using these skills anyway, especially the shouts, because I have Pure of Voice and Superior Aria. Why not get some healing myself for them? Sure, a lot of the time I’m at 100% HP and barely utilizing the heals. But when kitten hits the fan? Yes, please, thousands of extra health.

I’ll stop rambling now, just wanted to add something productive for players who aren’t sure what to do. There are a lot of choices. I’m apparently using a suboptimal build and experiencing great success with it, which is why I defend it. Your mileage may vary.

I actually respect this post. It wasn’t loaded with insults or attacks and it detailed why you specifically use this build. If you are intentionally running with a group that you have to carry, then yes…this is a great build for that. I pug all the time, but I’m not looking to carry. I generally run higher level fractals and have gotten pretty decent at eyeballing group composition…so I generally get good results.

in Guardian

Shukay.3728

@Shukay
The symbol build look like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQJASBmIsPAw6DxDTBG9IA-e
You can put the extra points at radiance to get the extra 10% damage on targets with conditions, and honor (PoV), radiance and virtues, just virtues (master of consecrations and absolute resolution) or maybe virtues and honor, but that’s pretty much the core of it.
As for the scepter question – Scepter is too much situational for my tastes, and doesn’t always means an increase to my dps, so i stick to GS (dropping RHS and focusing into precision runes is actually what i’m trying to change right now).
Also, 0/30/0/30/10 was my very first guardian build after i dropped AH. It is cool, and pretty much failproof for me, but i like the extra damage on fiery wrath.

i think this is also the best way for dps with symbols http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQBYiwmBABQ9h4h9AjesjA-e

I think PoV is a must.. and more now that remove 2 conditions

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Not really a must. I can imagine quite some situations where I will have just one shout because I need the other slots for Purging Flames or SotA and WoR. Besides, PoV will be nerfed back to one condition on Tuesday.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Guardian

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I don’t ever use pure of voice, its too deep into a pretty iffy trait line. Absolute Resolution is usually all the condition removal you need. If you need more; you have purging flames as well kitten + CoP.

Overall though I think that condition removal is pretty overrated.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I always questioned condition removal for PVE. I don’t play any other class in PVE dungeons but … aren’t other classes capable to remove their own conditions? Why do certain aspects of PVE falling on the shoulders of Guardians? Though I recognize the utility in Valour and Honour, I don’t like traiting in them past 20. Most of the GM traits are just way too situational there, AH included. Most of the utility you need for a team is in skills and those can be changed on the fly (and enhanced for cheap traits) if you really know your encounters.

I think you will find that as you develop and improve your playstyle and play with others who have also, AH gets less effective. I don’t think AH itself is a bad trait but it does require your teammates to accommodate you for maximum effectiveness. I think it’s a bit much to ask in a dungeon encounter … unless there is another Guardian in your team playing an AH build as well.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: Moderator.3406

Moderator.3406

Several postings that were against the rules of the forum have been removed. Please keep these rules in mind when posting.

in Guardian

Oxxy.7068

My engie has a bunch of condi removal because i’m using the wrong setup, if i ever change it i will have just one condi removal, my ele on the other hand has just one, from D/D#5 while attuned to water.
I find it somewhat funny how mesmers have a better combo of reflect and condi removal than us without having to spend a single trait point, anyhow PoV is replace-able if you run stuff with a mesmer often.

in Guardian

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

I don’t ever use pure of voice, its too deep into a pretty iffy trait line. Absolute Resolution is usually all the condition removal you need. If you need more; you have purging flames as well kitten + CoP.

Overall though I think that condition removal is pretty overrated.

Just wait till Tuesday and just run with Mantra of Resolve and Mantra of Concentration. That’s pretty much a full PoV guardian with SYG right there and it still leaves room for Feedback and/or Signet of Inspiration.

in Guardian

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Several postings that were against the rules of the forum have been removed. Please keep these rules in mind when posting.

How do we know which rules they were if the posts are gone

in Guardian

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Well some of mine were removed for derailing the thread.

Oh woops.