Why can spear of justice #2 interrupt dodge?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

Pretty game breaking.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Guardian

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Nope just punishing. You already had your chance to dodge the tether. Now your options are to break it or stab it which is pretty forgiving. Skills that bind will hit anyways to promote good gameplay. You don’t get 2 chances to dodge the same skill. If you fail you counterplay it or accept it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Because it’s a freaking chain that is connected to you by the Guardian…

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Dodge is not invulnerability, it’s an evade.

in Guardian

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Have you ever seen a dog dodge out of a leash?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Pretty game breaking.

Never ending dodging Thief spotted.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Because it’s a freaking chain that is connected to you by the Guardian…

Rofl xD, yeah idk why people think that dodging something connected to you make any sense.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

thats a good one

in Guardian

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Fun fact: spear can interrupt mesmer, warrior, reve blocks and get through them

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in Guardian

Gwaihir.1745

thats a good one

Have you ever seen a cat on a leash?

in Guardian

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

thats a good one

I tried to put my cat on a leash once.

Never again.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Guardian

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Nope just punishing. You already had your chance to dodge the tether. Now your options are to break it or stab it which is pretty forgiving. Skills that bind will hit anyways to promote good gameplay. You don’t get 2 chances to dodge the same skill. If you fail you counterplay it or accept it.

Actually to dodge it requires either lucky dodge spam or Jedi senses at a 1/4 second cast time with literally zero tell.

This means if you are semi competent and do not currently have a diagnosed mental handicap you should land 90% of your Spear of Justices on a DH.

That is a problem and needs proper balancing from Anet. Look for DH nerfs on skill floors at the next balance patch with a target on Spear of Justice

in Guardian

Gwaihir.1745

That’s odd I rarely get hit by it. Oh that’s right the spear has a travel time. Oh he speared you in melee range? How did he pull you through his traps then? Oh he speared you at range and you didn’t see it coming? Leap back and break it.

And as I explained on the other thread why would the pull be dodge able by anything other than luck. It’s outside the human reflex range to dodge it so unless you want to promote skill/dodge spam gameplay it can’t be dodged.

in Guardian

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

of all the things to complain about DH you chose the one thing on their kit which is actually well designed? HAHA!

in Guardian

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Actually to dodge it requires either lucky dodge spam or Jedi senses at a 1/4 second cast time with literally zero tell.

This means if you are semi competent and do not currently have a diagnosed mental handicap you should land 90% of your Spear of Justices on a DH.

That is a problem and needs proper balancing from Anet. Look for DH nerfs on skill floors at the next balance patch with a target on Spear of Justice

A few things about this. First, it’s not broken, I dodge spear of justice very often because of the travel time. It’s like dodging abnormal projectile. I duel plenty of skilled people who will dodge spear of justice.
Also, the pull is double the CD of the throw, meaning one in every 2 throws, if they keep throwing it) will be pullable.
You can outflank them by using any sort of teleport skill to go to the side or behind, which often causes a throw away. This is most common vs thieves and Mesmer, though I’ve fought necrosis (when teleport) and other DH who do this proficiently.
Finally, if you are a stealth class, they can’t throw it at you when you are stealthier, and you can kite and position very well around a DH with stealth.

Overall: a 35 second cooldown dodgeable projectile Pull is not OP… it’s basically a 2 part scorpion wire/necrotic grasp (which both have shorter cooldowns). You don’t see people complaining about those, do you?

in Guardian

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

thats a good one

I tried to put my cat on a leash once.

Never again.

Mine just lays there like I broke it <,<

in Guardian

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

If only tainted shackles worked like this. :/

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Actually, it’s not a problem at all if Anet intended for it to be very hard to dodge in the first place. Don’t pretend you know what Anet intended for how the skill should work.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Assuming a skilled DH can always land the initial spear against you, you have three or four main ways of counterplaying this skill:

1. Stability. If you’re a warrior, engi, guard, necro or ele and are watching for the skill, this will be a fairly easy way to stop the pull.

2. defensive utility after being pulled – probably the most common. Mes has distortion, druid has adequate stunbreaks + celestial avatar, revenant has riposting shadows, guardian has f3, engi has stunbreaks and elixir S.

3. Break the tether: Difficult to do if the DH is planning on pulling you right after tethering. This is really only a viable option for thief/mesmer.

4. Stun-break the pull: The only real option available to thieves. This takes a lot of skill to do but is very repeatable. In wvw, it is impossible for me to prevent a thief from escaping if they are knowledgeable.

in Guardian

Azukas.1426

A few things about this. First, it’s not broken, I dodge spear of justice very often because of the travel time. It’s like dodging abnormal projectile. I duel plenty of skilled people who will dodge spear of justice.
Also, the pull is double the CD of the throw, meaning one in every 2 throws, if they keep throwing it) will be pullable.
You can outflank them by using any sort of teleport skill to go to the side or behind, which often causes a throw away. This is most common vs thieves and Mesmer, though I’ve fought necrosis (when teleport) and other DH who do this proficiently.
Finally, if you are a stealth class, they can’t throw it at you when you are stealthier, and you can kite and position very well around a DH with stealth.

Overall: a 35 second cooldown dodgeable projectile Pull is not OP… it’s basically a 2 part scorpion wire/necrotic grasp (which both have shorter cooldowns). You don’t see people complaining about those, do you?

So youre a pro player? Which team you on?

in Guardian

Azukas.1426

Actually, it’s not a problem at all if Anet intended for it to be very hard to dodge in the first place. Don’t pretend you know what Anet intended for how the skill should work.

Devs have also stated that the reward for the low,skill floor of DH is,a problem.

Spear of Justice is one of those skills that exemplifies that problem.

in Guardian

Posted by: RUNICBLACK.7630

RUNICBLACK.7630

The arguement depends on if you are complaining about the initial attack not being able to be evaded or the secondary effect which is the pull. Well speaking from personal experience I have had the first part dodged or evaded before and I have done it myself not all the time but it is something that can be done, now the pull can’t be evaded or dodged because it isn’t actually a second attack there isn’t a second to hit roll so to speak its a carry over effect from the first that’s why while you are in the guardians range of this virtues attack that you continue to take intermittent burn damage. It states right in the description that if you get beyond the range both the burns will stop and the pull option will be broken of course stability will also work great causing the guardian to be pulled to you.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Devs have also stated that the reward for the low,skill floor of DH is,a problem.

Yup … games got lots of problems. Trick isn’t to identify them, it’s to prioritize them and fix the ones that are the worst ones. Even if SoJ exemplifies that, it’s not the only thing that does and it’s not the worst offending PVP skill right now either because as I said, even if it a low skill floor, it addresses a key problem Guardians have had since day 1 … staying engaged with their targets.

So question is … do we nerf an easy to access skill that allows Guardians to engage their targets? I don’t think we should. I mean, are you telling me that opponents of the Guardian are so bad that they need to completely avoid Guardians to win PVP? Sounds like a L2P issue, not a low skill floor issue.

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Pretty game breaking.

Then why aren’t you playing a DH if you think they’re too awesome?

Someone complaining on the forums means NOTHING to the metrics. 10,000 players flocking to an overpowered class does mean something. Go on, be the first. Lead that landslide.

But my money is your assessment is simply wrong.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Either it works, therefore DH works, and other players complain or it doesn’t work at all and we’re needing buffs to be viable in the meta.

F1 spear isn’t game breaking nor is it uncounterable… several classes have either invulnerabilities, Stability, or an instant stunbreaker for when the DH pulls you. Regardless, you CAN dodge the initial F1 throw (an obvious animation).

If F1 spear kills you, it’s a learn to play issue.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

Reading these threads is great. You mention the word ‘nerf’ and everyone goes into a panic and chants ‘l2p’.

in Guardian

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Reading these threads is great. You mention the word ‘nerf’ and everyone goes into a panic and chants ‘l2p’.

Because people make ridiculous topics when they can spend 30 seconds educating themselves first.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.