this post was made to solve a problem with the forums

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Why condi guard supercedes med zerks.

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Question on F1 passive burn. It says every 5th attack (or 3rd if traited for Supreme Justicne). Does that tack cleave attacks into account? For eg lets say im using staff (not saying i would but humor me). It cleaves 5 targets on Auto Attack (assume im in a zerg battle so can hit 5 people each time). Does that mean i burn one person each staff Auto Attack? or is it every 5th auto attack?

Thanks

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Question on F1 passive burn. It says every 5th attack (or 3rd if traited for Supreme Justicne). Does that tack cleave attacks into account? For eg lets say im using staff (not saying i would but humor me). It cleaves 5 targets on Auto Attack (assume im in a zerg battle so can hit 5 people each time). Does that mean i burn one person each staff Auto Attack? or is it every 5th auto attack?

Thanks

Yes it does take cleave attacks into account.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Thanks

Yes it does take cleave attacks into account.

Cool that does make it a lot more useful to use cleave or fast attacking weapons. Thanks

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Particularly with Permeating Wrath (If you decide to go that far), its an aoe burn every 5 strikes. hitting 5 targets (like a MM necro) with staff will be aoe burning every single auto. When Permeating didn’t have max targets, it was much more impressive when you could group together 20 mobs and light everything on fire with symbols + autos. You can still somewhat rack up a lot of aoe burning though by doing that same concept. Honestly the biggest help Permeating could get is to have the aoe be centered on target instead of yourself. That way you could lay down some fierce burning from far away with a scepter.

Condi Guards are much more useful than they were previously, but could still use a little more help.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

Oh well,
I had lots of fun with this condi+medi build of mine. xD Purpose of this build is to maximize burning duration instead.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQRApd8flsApZolDxaI8DNx/Ql5REhWGATw1jwF0BA-TphAwAhOIAEOCAw2fYcZgOnAAAPAAA

sPvP Scenario at mid
Rotation (1) aka Blow All Skill in Group Fight
Mace2+JI+Purging Flame, Focus5+Mace3 (walk around begging it to be burst xD), Focus 4, Swap Torch 4×2 (the one unlucky target xD) and Sword AA the kitten out of him.

sPvP 1v1 Scenario
Rotation (2)
-Start the fight with bursting Mace3+Focus5 (ppl tend to start pumping keyboard at the starting fight, let the blocked Burn stack on him first)
-Swap to Sword/Torch. Always make sure your Torch4+4 hits, that’s the cue for this build. Sword AA &3 to stack Burn.
-DO NOT press F1 unless you are using elite later on.
-See him died burning xD

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

Condi build may sounds viable in 1v1, however I don’t think condi guard possessed any threat in a group fight. ( And yes, i have tried myriads ways of condi. build ) Condi build just sacrifice too many CC and support skills (SYG) in order to get the Burn, just don’t worth it imo.

Even Medi-guards don’t need to sacrifice SYG. It’s just a choice. If you want to play with SYG, you can.

And it’s hilarious that you think condi guard doesn’t pose a threat. 3 people tried to focus me in a fight the other day, the mesmer got downed by passive burning, the Warrior that tried to stomp me got downed and the Engineer who tried to rez the mesmer got downed and I got rallied off the mesmer only to stomp the other two so yea…. not effective at all.

Again I’ve yet to see anyone replicating such a feat with a zerk medi build. I’ve seen Hammer do extraordinarily amounts of aoe damage where it’s possible, but not nearly at the level and consistency that condi is. These types of 1v2’s comes every other day, if not more frequently so.

In what pvp game mode would you consider Hybrid Medi > Zerker Medi?

tpvp?
pvp Duels?
spvp?

SPvP
Because of these reasons I’m going to say condi is a better alternative to zerks in spvp due to being a) better node defender and b) more likely to 1v2 and 1v3 successfully.

PvP Duels and Node Defend
Condi is notorious for being successful in 1v1 matchup scenarious. Unless a roamer is completely covered in condi cleanses for some reason, condi guard will always be a better node defender. There are several instances of condi taking on Celes ele’s and tearing up bunk engi’s.

I’m not sure why you took a piece of my post and answered it, when you read the entire post it was a suggestion on what kind of vid you should make…

Which there still isn’t one…

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I’m not sure why you took a piece of my post and answered it, when you read the entire post it was a suggestion on what kind of vid you should make…

Which there still isn’t one…

You said yourself that nobody should 1v2 and if they do then they’re bad. My point was that this happens often in solo and team pvp. Previous posts have vouched so I wasn’t going to record these instances. If you want a montage of this it can be arranged.

As for the other things I’ve said, if you want a video of me dueling in custom and tpvp then I can make a separate video of these as well. Like others have stated, the dueling aspect of this build isn’t being question. I felt I answered your questions (apparently rhetorical) as for why my condi was better, without a video because I didn’t think one was necessary for what I explained.

It’s the overall performance of condi build vs med zerks that I’m trying to capture in a solid – tpvp scenarios at the moment.
The main issue for me is not only finding a solid team to be on, but also recording a match where we are actually facing a high tier team and not just winning (or losing) by 300 points.

I have several videos playing mediocre players in tpvp that I can create a montage of if you want to see that instead.

Edited
To compare both builds and have as little bias as possible I’d like to have a side by side video of medi zerk guard and a condi guard performances in pvp. I’m not very knowledgeable in video editing but I’m sure it can’t be too difficult.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

if you want fun build and effective in pvp arena try this
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQRAsf5dlsApaolDxbI8DRR8QljNVHAJwje9PMD5AA-TJRHwAp3fIwJBAZZAAPBAA
25% speed
both direct and condi dmg
poison bleed as cover condi unless cleanse
good block abilities to proc burning
can hold point even in 1v2 but you will need help if range class come against you like mesmer or ranger as you cant pressure both range and close

you can handle dd ele ranger thieves warrior guardian engi
mesmer will run away

against good players you can have hard time if they have cleansed at the right moment

but again other players can do it maybe better so it wont come to tpvp med-high ranks

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

but again other players can do it maybe better so it wont come to tpvp med-high ranks

That’s an issue for guardians in general except for bunker team support builds. And your build is identical to mine with the exception of Traveler’s and mace XD

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

messiah.1908

That’s an issue for guardians in general except for bunker team support builds. And your build is identical to mine with the exception of Traveler’s and mace XD

you must take mace man
aoe block and healing in AA
i also use 6,0,6,0,2 with gs
combo:
ji+ sof mace + shield of w → GS sow +bb+ww +smite + PF (gives might also and with leap fire aura= death to anyone who stand near you

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

you must take mace man
aoe block and healing in AA
i also use 6,0,6,0,2 with gs
combo:
ji+ sof mace + shield of w -> GS sow +bb+ww +smite + PF (gives might also and with leap fire aura= death to anyone who stand near you

I agree that mace can be a power weapon in group scenarios. If the mace’s block could burn everyone, I’d take it but currently it’s just 1 block/burn for 1 person. Even though shield damage is 1300+, I still have to be very near to hit and it hardly ever crits unless I replace doom with intelligence sigil.

Instead I use Sword for it’s mobility and auto attack (full auto is 1 burn proc compared to mace). And torch for obvious reasons

I use scepter/focus for that cc utility (which we desperately lack), and Smite #2 complements my F1 well. And using the range when trying not to take so much direct damage in zergs.

For aoe damage I’m missing from gs whirl or mace, I make up for rune of krait’s 4k elite.

That’s just my playing style you probably do better with Mace then I do!

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

messiah.1908

i will try to upload 2 tpvp i did 1 hour ago playing with this build

its nice in some scenarios
manage to 1v2 versus 2 mesmer 4 times as they really want my home point (but not shatter one i guess)

i use sword when i dont need to guard a point so more in wvw
the mace block is for the burning proc and could save you if you low on health versus thief for example

scepter i use for also open world or the courtyard

krait rune is nice but i need the 25% speed and i tend to use the elite when needed and not when i need to condi enemies
try balthazar or flame legion. balthazar will give you more burning duration and 5 sec burning when use heal skill (4500 dmg). flame will give you also burning duration and 7% more dmg which is nice with carrion

in Guardian

messiah.1908

in Guardian

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

if your on na I’d be happy to do some duels with ya to film.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

i will try to upload 2 tpvp i did 1 hour ago playing with this build

its nice in some scenarios
manage to 1v2 versus 2 mesmer 4 times as they really want my home point (but not shatter one i guess)

i use sword when i dont need to guard a point so more in wvw
the mace block is for the burning proc and could save you if you low on health versus thief for example

scepter i use for also open world or the courtyard

krait rune is nice but i need the 25% speed and i tend to use the elite when needed and not when i need to condi enemies
try balthazar or flame legion. balthazar will give you more burning duration and 5 sec burning when use heal skill (4500 dmg). flame will give you also burning duration and 7% more dmg which is nice with carrion

You’re right Balthazar does more damage when traited for 33% more burn. As well as being able to pop Shelter twice in most fights, thats 10s worth of burning. The biggest downside is that it’s dodgeable compared to krait’s elite.

I’ll still use it though. I’ve been with krait for the longest time from my previous builds that I’ve completely ignored the other runes!

if your on na I’d be happy to do some duels with ya to film.

I’d appreciate that.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I can definitely dish out more damage with a burning/med build than I can running beserker med 6/x/6/x/x. Biggest difference is this; it is really hard for players to keep burning off them but it is pretty easy to dodge WW or sword 3. On paper beserker should do better but in practice the burning is much better.

My big problem is I cant decide whether I like Flame Legion or Balthazar runes.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Why are we kicking this dead horse… again? I know i have been gone for a couple months, but nothing on guardian has changed. Hybrid builds became available with the grandmaster trait additions that happened god knows how long ago. It hasn’t changed at all, and in most cases, people’s opinion of them has not changed at all.

Nothing in here is new at all >.<

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: oiseau.6481

oiseau.6481

According to me a condi build is pretty close from a blackwatter or whatever Me lame build. You are awsome in 1v1 with your low CD, your decent tanking, and ability to stand longer than your ennemies, but the point is 1v1 goes to nowhere, you dont have a real room in the meta, from holder to… whatever

Lack of burst hits pretty hard.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Why are we kicking this dead horse… again? I know i have been gone for a couple months, but nothing on guardian has changed. Hybrid builds became available with the grandmaster trait additions that happened god knows how long ago. It hasn’t changed at all, and in most cases, people’s opinion of them has not changed at all.

Nothing in here is new at all >.<

I think the change is attitudes; more players are experimenting with the ‘new’ traits and liking the different ways burning can be used in pvp. It’s not as 1 dimensional as most of the other stuff we have access to.

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I can definitely dish out more damage with a burning/med build than I can running beserker med 6/x/6/x/x. Biggest difference is this; it is really hard for players to keep burning off them but it is pretty easy to dodge WW or sword 3. On paper beserker should do better but in practice the burning is much better.

Well your problem when running berserker meditation builds is that you’re running 6/x/6/x/x and relying on sword #3 for burst. Zeal has no business in a meditation build beyond fiery wrath if you aren’t hybrid. The sword auto attack does more dps than sword #3, so there’s no reason to use a skill that roots you and leaves you vulnerable besides to destroy projectiles.

Try running a 2/6/6/0/0 build for the max sword dps with fire/air sigils.

(edited by Shanks.2907)

in Guardian

messiah.1908

i run 2 builds

the medzerg meta 2,1,6,1,4
and hybrid 6,0,6,0,2 with carrion gear

the main differences are:
med zerk got 3 condi cleanse with F skills and elite and PF or med skill
condi guard got only PF
base dmg is the same with power but the zerkmed got 50-70% crit chance with 200% dmg
zerkmed got 3k less hp (so maybe equal to 1 condi cleanse)

i tested them both in tpvp
zerkmed – cant hold point and shouldnt
condi hybrid – can

both dishout same dps (dmg over time) (hybrid bit more) but the zerkmed can down 50% hp enemy if unaware while hybrid one wont.
hybrid will do much better aoe pressure on a point while zerkmed will dishout dmg and role out from the point till his next burst

so it comes up to what your group needs
if they lack burst dmg then role as zerkmed
if they lack constant dmg and they got burst classes than hybrid is better (like lack of engi/ele/necro)

try to work in mid with your bunker guard as even in 2v3 you can kill them as with zerkmed not always if you get focused

i tried to put a random video from some fights i had (no matter the outcome) and i saw i did 10k dmg each enemy in 1v3 for few seconds till i got help and become 3v3

it will be meta if more ppl will try it and like it

i even play 1v1 againt my teamate while he was zerkmed – i won 3v1
in 1v2 situation it hard if they enemies are range and melee as you wont pressure them with blocks equaly

and yes you are constant proc burning on enemies so unless they got immunity they will burnout their cleanse fast

in Guardian

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

thats the thing. this will never happen in higher tier ranked matches..

I also find it funny that you think a situation like that couldn’t happen in higher tier matches. I’ve been watching higher tier matches, they are quite prone to making mistakes as well.

Basing your strategy around the expectation of your opponents’ possible mistakes is not exactly optimal.

in Guardian

messiah.1908

here is another example in tpvp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQznwp9mWo4&feature=youtu.be
even when the enemies evades dodge leap away etc the conditions ticking thus the dps can be higher the medzerk build

p/s (not so good gameplay by me but still …)

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Well your problem when running berserker meditation builds is that you’re running 6/x/6/x/x and relying on sword #3 for burst. Zeal has no business in a meditation build beyond fiery wrath if you aren’t hybrid. The sword auto attack does more dps than sword #3, so there’s no reason to use a skill that roots you and leaves you vulnerable besides to destroy projectiles.

Was usually using the meta build 2/1/6/1/4. But also tried 0/6/6/1/1, 2/0/6/6/0 and 0/1/6/6/1. Dragon players are just too good, they just either put conditions on you so you can’t stay on them and dps, or dodge out of the way when you combo something like GS2 or Sw3 with JI. It is not a matter of the skills sucking but other players just being too good. Everyone knows how to counter meds these day. Burning surprises them quite a bit. So while it might not show up on a spread sheet or the heavy golemn, the burning is pretty darn effective at dishing out dps.

TBH I now find med guardians and warriors a very easy kill with the burning build. Mesmers, Rangers and Thieves are also pretty much toast.

Engi and Ele are a mixed bag. TBH both classes are too tanky for their damage… something will need to give in the future. ATM I just view them as a challenge. I am probably about 60% vs Engi and maybe 40% but improving vs Ele. Good players on these classes have a big advantage and I don’t think you can really beat them without help.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

(edited by Relentliss.2170)

in Guardian

messiah.1908

Was usually using the meta build 2/1/6/1/4. But also tried 0/6/6/1/1, 2/0/6/6/0 and 0/1/6/6/1. Dragon players are just too good, they just either put conditions on you so you can’t stay on them and dps, or dodge out of the way when you combo something like GS2 or Sw3 with JI. It is not a matter of the skills sucking but other players just being too good. Everyone knows how to counter meds these day. Burning surprises them quite a bit. So while it might not show up on a spread sheet or the heavy golemn, the burning is pretty darn effective at dishing out dps.

TBH I now find med guardians and warriors a very easy kill with the burning build. Mesmers, Rangers and Thieves are also pretty much toast.

Engi and Ele are a mixed bag. TBH both classes are too tanky for their damage… something will need to give in the future. ATM I just view them as a challenge. I am probably about 60% vs Engi and maybe 40% but improving vs Ele. Good players on these classes have a big advantage and I don’t think you can really beat them without help.

i watch some medguard on action
i saw so many attacks get block, evades, dodge, or just miss as the enemy got swiftness
so while on medburn the burning and other conditions are ticking

against p/d thieves (some of them do tpvp with caltrops aoe and immobilize you and pressure you with 15 stacks of bleeding. first fight he down me and 1 sec later he was down too. i raly first. second- fifth encounter i was ready so he got down

d/p thieves can be problem but will waste too much time while you stand on point. they will SR and abuse stealth against you

s/d thieves can be problem with #2 spamming to cleanse conditions but the blocks you have proc burning which thieves hate as they got low hp. so most of them switch to SB which can be problem with poison and kiting

i guess on higher laver player 50% chance to win

shatter mesmer same as thieves , your aoe and burning will kill the clones and the pressure you got with JI PF can pressure the mesmer to go stealth and burst from it so careful

power necro – can be problem and doable more. i had 80% win chance
condi necro – surprisingly also had 80% win chance as with block i negate all their burst . scepter is more better to kite them from range and immobilize them

ele – dont know why but 90% win chance versus d/d and s/f . the burning poison bleed proc make them abuse water and cleanse maybe

warrior – 90% win . just block all the way with passive play style

guardian – 70% win versus medgaurd and 100% bunker as they got no dmg but good healing

engi – power/condi turret are problem if you fight on point 20% win for me
condi without turret 50% chance

ranger – power just block them 80% . condi can be hard 60% chance

i like this carrion burning guard as it both do nice dmg and conditions ticking if my enemy evades dodge run away with 6 sec burning which are 4.8k dmg

in Guardian

Posted by: Kirby.9138

Kirby.9138

@Hybrid guys -

I love hammers. I do. I’ll really miss banishing people off cliffs, ring of warding etc. Any idea if I can have a nice slice of that burning cake and eat it too? Seems like most hybrids are Greatsword, Mace/Scepter/Sword+Focus. I want to use Hammer. I never really see Hammer Guardians.

Also what about Celestial ammy? Crits probably wasted.

in Guardian

messiah.1908

@Hybrid guys -

I love hammers. I do. I’ll really miss banishing people off cliffs, ring of warding etc. Any idea if I can have a nice slice of that burning cake and eat it too? Seems like most hybrids are Greatsword, Mace/Scepter/Sword+Focus. I want to use Hammer. I never really see Hammer Guardians.

Also what about Celestial ammy? Crits probably wasted.

i tried hammer instead of gs
1. AA3 too slow and wont chain unless you hit 1 and 2 AA
2. if AA is slow so your F1 passive ability to proc burning
3. hammer is more cc weapon with immobilize, ring and banish and less dmg like gs

thus i think its more suitable in power build as it need to pressure fast and hard your enemy
maybe staff and hammer with might buff with zerk or cele amulet
in pvp will be less effective and wvw more as you can get your state higher

here is some build for wvw
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAS7dlsApcoVDxZI8DNR8QVVAg9UEFV61/wMkDA-TFiAABJcQA6R9HAeCAUcBA0Z/htU+5oSw90NQKAYmDA-w

you have 100% burning duration so it compensate the low condi dmg
you have nice hp and power and crit dmg if oyu less block you can take fury on med so more crit chance

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

Build in video: 20606
Reason; Team cleanses + Higher proc burn.
Offers near perma retaliation & perma burn.
Weak against range/kiting.

61601 (and its equivalent builds) isn’t as effective in zerg scenarios, due to the lower proc rate (besides JI, 1 person gets the burn). That said, the build is still more superior in 1v1 or 2v2 scenarios and node defending. Much better than zerk medi hands down, in that aspect.

Hybrid/Condi Zerk Medi Comparison
Video Time 1:17 Example of perma burn/burn proc rates. Regardless of cleanse, see how often the burn is reapplied.

Video Time 2:03 Example of trying to survive while having low health while other CD’s are down. Equivalent to Medi Zerk having his surprise burst on cd; or not being able to burst due to trying to surviving. Condi is more rewarding in that aspect.

Video Time 3:06 Example of being CC’d yet still causing (aoe) damage. (Ignore the crappy TS3 talk.. I suck at video editing.)

Video Time 5:52 Example against dodging classes and negating their attacks while doing damage. All honesty, I think the thief thought I was zerk dps… he wasn’t that good but still offers a good example of deliberately blocking big attacks & causing damage, even when you can’t hit a target.

Video Time 6:19+ Example of huge zerg scenarios. All honesty Supreme Justice + Permeating Wrath (global aoe burns) would have been 2x more effective. Regardless of losing Absolute Resolution, I would have done 3x more damage in zergs.
It’s the build I’m currently using accross the board, since I like it so much.

Full Video
Video has no sound, apart from a clip or two of TS3 (because i suck at video editing). So ignore those clips with sound. Otherwise play your own music and enjoy :P

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

messiah.1908

Build in video: 20606
Reason; Team cleanses + Higher proc burn.
Offers near perma retaliation & perma burn.
Weak against range/kiting.

61601 (and its equivalent builds) isn’t as effective in zerg scenarios, due to the lower proc rate (besides JI, 1 person gets the burn). That said, the build is still more superior in 1v1 or 2v2 scenarios and node defending. Much better than zerk medi hands down, in that aspect.

Hybrid/Condi Zerk Medi Comparison
Video Time 1:17 Example of perma burn/burn proc rates. Regardless of cleanse, see how often the burn is reapplied.

Video Time 2:03 Example of trying to survive while having low health while other CD’s are down. Equivalent to Medi Zerk having his surprise burst on cd; or not being able to burst due to trying to surviving. Condi is more rewarding in that aspect.

Video Time 3:06 Example of being CC’d yet still causing (aoe) damage. (Ignore the crappy TS3 talk.. I suck at video editing.)

Video Time 5:52 Example against dodging classes and negating their attacks while doing damage. All honesty, I think the thief thought I was zerk dps… he wasn’t that good but still offers a good example of deliberately blocking big attacks & causing damage, even when you can’t hit a target.

Video Time 6:19+ Example of huge zerg scenarios. All honesty Supreme Justice + Permeating Wrath (global aoe burns) would have been 2x more effective. Regardless of losing Absolute Resolution, I would have done 3x more damage in zergs.
It’s the build I’m currently using accross the board, since I like it so much.

Full Video
Video has no sound, apart from a clip or two of TS3 (because i suck at video editing). So ignore those clips with sound. Otherwise play your own music and enjoy :P

the duration of supreme justice is only when activating F1 no for passive
i really tried to find more burning ticks but dont think i saw huge difference
yes you can proc it more often as sword is the right weapon for it as it rotation can count almost as 2 proc. but all your other skills can proc it for more seconds thus you can perma burn if you renemy used his cleanse.
why using torch. focus will give you more blocks which proc burning and might and blind while torch is more offensive and #4 is itself perma burning so 6 points in virtues is a waste as in zeal you will do more direct dmg and burning
also PF is great skill with lower cd then the cop also it can cleanse more conditions in 6 sec if you enter and exit the radios and also proc burning

but nice video (crap editing lol)

in Guardian

messiah.1908

if you want build with perma burning but more selfish go
4,4,6,0,0 with balthazar rune and smoldering sigil and radiant fire which give you 100% burning duration
go with sword focus and scepter torch as sword focus you can spam blind each block will proc burning for 2 sec and your AA will constant proc burning
you burning will be 650 dps but 2 sec is 1300 dmg which is nice so even warrior with -40% condi duration will have 1 sec tick
also your direct dmg will be buff with 20-22% more direct dmg from blindness and #3 scepter which proc vulnerability 10-12% and burning 10% more dmg which is nice buff

(edited by messiah.1908)

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

My Engi teamate has very little condi cleanses.
Using torch was situational at the time.

My perma build is still 20606 with Supreme Justice + Permeating Wrath. That’s constant AOE burn. Cleaving almost always supercedes stomps.

Rune of krait is still my rune of choice for the huge burst damage it can offer. With my current proc rate, burns are going to be applied instantly in zergs. I’ve tried both runes and Krait is the clear winner. Also Bal’s burn on heal is very dodgeable.

also PF is great skill with lower cd then the cop also it can cleanse more conditions in 6 sec if you enter and exit the radios and also proc burning

I absolutely need a stun removal and recovery from knockdowns against engi’s and other classes. Not to mention going against any fear enabled necro. The 1960 heals is just a bonus. PF gives a nice fire shield but I use Symbol of Wrath and Leap instead for the near perma retaliation duration.

I apologize for playing without using Supreme Justice & Permeating Wrath. But I assure you the huge amounts of aoe procs are constant and Very noticeable! I’ll make another video for that build only.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

I’m a PvE scrub and I aprove Hybrid Medi Condi Carrion Mesmer Scrub Killah’ build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I can also vouch for the extremely fun Hybrid Medi Guard. I don’t really pvp much, but I’ve had great success in pvp and wvw with it.

Fishsticks