Why do I have to choose? Honor Specialization

in Guardian

Posted by: Xandos.5941

Xandos.5941

I’m really kittened, I love the new specialization ecc but one of my favorite old traits just became…uncofortable…why in the Honor specialization do I have to choose between:

Writ of Persitance and Force of Will

The lovely old Writ of persistance was a second tier upgrade…can’t we bring it back there? I need both!!!

Any toughts?

“Ezechiel 25:17…”

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

They can’t bring it back because it’s really strong now. It’s three old trait combined. Sorry.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: Viralseed.9362

Viralseed.9362

I believe the hardest part about balancing the Symbol traits is because of Hammer. Symbol of Protection with Writ of Persistence has about a 114.3% upkeep (yes, it will overlap at times). Because of this, you will have an equivalent upkeep of Protection and will heal 122 health every second (0 Healing Power) to you and four additional allies in range. This is also likely the same reason Symbolic Exposure is a terrible trait in theory, when it actually averages at around 5 stacks of upkeep (a free 5% more damage). Tie this in with Fiery Wrath, Symbolic Avenger, and Symbolic Power for a ridiculous amount of Damage% (22%).

Writ of Persistence deserves to be a grandmaster in its current state. Otherwise, you would have to nerf the Symbol traits in Zeal or Hammer.

in Guardian

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

They can’t bring it back because it’s really strong now. It’s three old trait combined. Sorry.

It still sucks, even though it combined three old traits. The healing should be dropped, possibly the duration increase too, and it should be put into the Zeal line. The only reason to take it is for easy-mode hammer in dungeons.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

~20% damage modifiers are not ridiculous amounts of damage by any means and is honestly about on the lower end of standard across board (prior to trait patch, I have not looked again recently).

Having an auto chain doing about 1-2k damage every second is kind of unflattering, especially if the chain is slow and/or the rest of the abilities on the weapon do not offer substantial burst skills to ramp up dps.

I agree with the Op to some degree, a lot of traits got crammed together and will never be taken because they compete too harshly with build/class defining staples that are just about mandatory to have.

Build diversity hurts because it is a no brainer choice on some of these traits, and the interesting ones that could push the meta in new directions are too risky to choose over the current foundation.

Also the healing per second on symbols scales poorly and sees little benefit on symbols save for mace and hammer, with hammer it requires you to maintain an auto chain and do nothing else, with mace you have subpar burst capability and again you need to push hard into healing power to make it “good”, thus hurting damage and zeroing you back to “ineffective” instead of dynamic.

All opinion, and maybe someone can make a build that will break grounds, but I am trying many different things and I keep seeing the short comings.

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I dislike the current setup for Honor traits. Currently, I only take it for pure of voice, purity of body, and selfless daring which is meh now. The adept choices are terrible jokes and the majors are okay but really boring as well. It also just seems very specific.

The problem with writ of persistence is that it goes against the shout trait and the 3k health trait, so it’s hard to make space for it. I really think it should be adept or major.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

They can’t put it in adept or master because the trait is just too powerful now. And nerfing it to drop it? I like that trait like it is. It allow guardian to gain some support without sacrificing much dps.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

I would say it’s fine to make symbols 107+ (0.25*healing). Might make it a nice option to take with healing based builds.

in Guardian

Posted by: x indigo x.6981

x indigo x.6981

Empowering might : needs a higher might duration . Possibly 7-10s .. We’re limited to 5 stacks max because of the ICD of 1s.

Adept line: more like flavouring choices .. Not really build defining.

Pure of heart : needs to be higher healing as we really don’t have too many sources of aoe ageis on demand like many people think. And I mean aoe ageis on demand and not ageis randomly occurring for personal ageis. Either increase the heal or make it so the heal itself is aoe heal. Ie when my ageis shatter , I heal 5 allies around me. Honor line is support based not personal survivability based.

Writ of persistence :if people use shouts, they’re taking pure of voice. If not, they’ll take force of will . The symbols are too positional and situational.its just competing with stronger traits. Make it more tempting by either: a- make duration increase 4s instead of 2s. 2 ticks is just no enough to make people even consider it.. B- make it 50% increased duration based on the symbols base duration. This is the more balanced approach if you thought the other one was too op.

Random yelling. Make heal on symbols base. They’re not healing for too much , they’re too situational and positional so it’s not ground breaking but it will fit many guardian roles that are suffering by the merger of the symbols traits.

(edited by x indigo x.6981)