Why do you love guard?

Why do you love guard?

in Guardian

Posted by: Matt Stacey.7415

Matt Stacey.7415

Hello all, I’m coming from a long break from GW2 and got a bit of an urge to play my guard. I have all 80’s, some leveled straight and some boosted (tomes etc), and the tie for least time played for me would be guard/engi – though I believe it’s a close win for guard. There are many different archetypes I gravitate towards in RPGs, and the holy paladin is one I typically enjoy – however for some reason I didn’t gravitate towards it in GW2. Anyhow, I’ve asked this type of question before , but I’m wondering from the guardian community of GW2, what makes you love your guard? I’d love to hear from some of you guardian vets what has kept you playing on your guard – PVE/WvW/PVP input welcome. With about 2k hours I am very aware of the “play what you enjoy,” I’m just curious as I am trying to get myself back into GW2 again, I imagine some of you have been here before :P Thanks all

Why do you love guard?

in Guardian

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

I am not expert, but what I like about guard:

PvE:
High damage, high burst, several viable weapons, flexibility of role and strong ranged options. You can switch easily between being tanky or dealing high damage. I do not do end game PvE, but guard is one of the top dps.

sPvP:
It works well for queing solo in sPvP. You can deal with almost any form of enemy, cuz you do not have any hard counters. Like PvE, guard has a range of viable builds that do work.

Cosmetically, I like guard animations and light blue color on skills.

Why do you love guard?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

For some reason I like like the idea of big aoe burns/dots coming from a non-caster aesthetic. This isn’t the only reason by far that I like Guardian, but its a trend I’m noticing in the games I’ve been playing.

I definitely have a Guardian that fits that aesthetic though.

Fishsticks

Why do you love guard?

in Guardian

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I adore Guardian Virtues (and dragonhunters’ buffed versions).

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Why do you love guard?

in Guardian

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Is almost as cool as the Herald but has viable ranged weapons and based on your loadout you can have broad access to condition cleansing, breakstuns and stability.

He uses heavy armor and I also like blue patterns associated to the class. Is not tanky at all but after all the nerfs in all the other classess the sustain makes Him playable.

Why do you love guard?

in Guardian

Posted by: Amaranthe.3578

Amaranthe.3578

everything is so bluevi love it

Why do you love guard?

in Guardian

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Jack of all trades.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Why do you love guard?

in Guardian

Posted by: Bluehydra.6392

Bluehydra.6392

Its a versatile class able to adapt to most situations, I like the fact that I can choose from a big array of weapons, providing good dps both at range and in close quarters.
It’s a supporty dps with a kit filled with useful skills, such as condi cleanse, party-wide stability and aegis, healing, and damaging traps.
I also like putting blue fire over my character. A lot.

Why do you love guard?

in Guardian

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

i can afk and play runescape while raiding on my DH

Far Shiverpeaks

Why do you love guard?

in Guardian

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

I was initially drawn to guard because of the versatility of being support or dps, and stuck with it because it was a very all around class with defensive, healing, and offensive traits. Many of their skills have a offensive and defensive quality at the same time, which I like.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

(edited by Moonsinn.5382)

Why do you love guard?

in Guardian

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

What’s not to love? Best class in game!

Why do you love guard?

in Guardian

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Walk into combat, accelerate to light speed teleports. Play style supports fast combos. The downside is that guard weapon coefficients are so kitten low only burning or traps can bring your damage high enough to kill someone.

Why do you love guard?

in Guardian

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

I love highly mobile classes that don’t punish you for utilizing the mobility. With Guards’ offensive teleports, DH leap, and ability to switch back and forth from bow to sword in a heartbeat, it’s just a lot of fun.

I wish there was a viable healing build, and I wish the existing tank build let it be on par with chronotank, but beyond that its in a very good place.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Why do you love guard?

in Guardian

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

All it needs is more mobility to be the perfect profession.