Why does Kindled Zeal exists?

in Guardian

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

I’ve been trying some builds out on gw2skills.net and even with the maximum Power attainable (4013), Kindled Zeal still isn’t better than Amplified Wrath.

So why does it even exist? Just to waste a Grandmaster Trait slot?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQFAxElDtZIGCNx9QZtRoDqWA8kXB-TxRBABXp8rS1foZ/hFeAAnpEEgLAQe6ACAcA87vBgzP/8zP/8O/8zP/8zLDg+YA-e

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

It’s Ante’s way of saying “look, Guardians can totally spec for Condi!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Yup.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQRArd8PmQgosKAqmc8auAA-TJRHwAf2fIwJBAZZAAPBAA

With Kindled Zeal equipped, you’ll do 7 more condi damage with Doom and Geomancy equipped than Amplified Wrath… but in actual DPS F1 procs… you’ll do way more damage with Amplified Wrath.
There’s absolutely no reason to choose Kindled Zeal over Amplified Wrath… EVER.

If you think that’s bad, you should Check out Radiant Retaliation. That one is broken too.
But don’t worry we’re “in a good spot” so it’s ok to have broken traits.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

I think they gave us the choice to go for full power while our conditions.. wait that ain’t right, we only have FIRE!

Yes that trait is full kitten aswell as radiant retaliation they can shove that into Rev’s kitten.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tron.3471

Tron.3471

Its just one of the many terrible grandmaster traits we have!

in Guardian

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

Wait, you see, I’m not arguing if it’s terrible or good, the problem is that it is utterly useless (besides the point Saiyan made).

When you have two things, for the same cost, but one perform much better than the other, why do you have two options? That can’t even be called an option, it’s just bait for un-informed players.

Even Radiant Retaliation has it’s uses, should someone build for Condition Damage. It isn’t completely useless (it’s just bad).

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

We have many baits in our trait’s that want to give the illusion of built diversity. A big joke nothing less.

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

In time sequencing, they gave us Kindled Zeal as they combined Zealous Blade into what it is now (used to have a trait that provided healing with greatsword strikes and a trait that increased greatsword damage by 5%, now they are all in one).

A few months after that they came up with Amplified Wrath, thus negating any “benefit” that Kindled Zeal provided power/condi users.

It is useless trash that hasn’t been cleaned up and probably forgotten about by now when they tried to give us options and put a stamp of “good place” on the cover.

And Radiant Retaliation apparently is broken and does not change your retal damage at all, or so reports are made. I have not used it myself as retaliation is not significant enough to try to “buff”. (You can argue in wvw zerg scenarios, but I argue again, that isn’t the tipping point).

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

And Radiant Retaliation apparently is broken and does not change your retal damage at all, or so reports are made. I have not used it myself as retaliation is not significant enough to try to “buff”. (You can argue in wvw zerg scenarios, but I argue again, that isn’t the tipping point).

Radiant Retaliation doesn’t scale with condition damage at all. It still scales from Power. If you want to see for yourself, use Rabid Amulet with Radiant Retaliation trait equipped and see for yourself.

Retaliation damage will be incredibly low.
Add a Power Signet
Retaliation damage will increase due to Power.

It’s completely broken =/

EDIT
If you’re still not convinced…
1576 power = 212 retal damage
1232 condi = 212 retal damage without Radiant Retaliation

Keeping the same power… and equip Radiant Retaliation…
1232 condi = 212 retal damage
1587 condi = 212 retal damage
1659 condi = 212 retal damage

Equip Staff for 12 might stacks and your Retal damage will increase… but it’s due to Power being increased by Might.. not your Condi damage.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Kindled Zeal definitely needs to be reworked, it’s useless, even more useless after they added Amplified Wrath. They either need to combine it into one trait with AW or just rework it entirely.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Wait, you see, I’m not arguing if it’s terrible or good, the problem is that it is utterly useless (besides the point Saiyan made).

When you have two things, for the same cost, but one perform much better than the other, why do you have two options? That can’t even be called an option, it’s just bait for un-informed players.

Even Radiant Retaliation has it’s uses, should someone build for Condition Damage. It isn’t completely useless (it’s just bad).

No it’s useless because it doesn’t work therefore has no use.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

I have suggested for a long time that they do one of the following

1: Change Kindled Zeal so that it grants precision equal o 10% of your power
or
2: Change kindled zeal so that it grants vitality & healing power equal to 7% of your power.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Its just one of the many terrible grandmaster traits we have!

That’s nothing new to the game as a whole terrible traits are kind of universal I can only guess that Anet as group is fond of ‘trap’ option,

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Well, Were they to still do attribute conversion, it would have to be 13% Precision, but I guess they could get away with 7% Vit and 6% Hpow, but that would still be weird.

Considering Kindled Zeal’s naming conventions, I feel like it should have something to do with effects on burning, either application or while an enemy is burning. If we continue with the recent theme of giving Grandmaster traits that imply heavy synergy with a different traitline, we could actually do something like 1 stack of Torment for 5s on Burn application. If we assume this trait will proc on burning reapplication too, this could be a pretty effective trait when combined with Permeating Wrath.

But I think a lot of us can agree that the current state of Kindled Zeal and Guardian don’t really allow Kindled Zeal to be effective in its purpose.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

It’s for old players that don’t feel like buying/getting Amplified Wrath,too lazy for it.

Unless they have some viable hidden condition mechanic/combination with rune/sigil this trait takes the gold award for most not needed and irrelevant trait even more than Unholy Martyr. Hey maybe that look(again) at old professions will do something out of it.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Guardian

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

We used to have only 2 grandmaster traits, the 3rd one (X III) was added later.

Amplified wrath is the extra added X III grandmaster trait.

So before that, Kindled Zeal was a option for those who wanted to go hybrid power/condi.

Most guards if they ever wish to go condi, or even hybrid condi they will try and main burning. So Amplified Wrath is the primary option.

One should improve Kindled Zeal, or offer more different conditions to the guardians kitten nal.