Why don't guardians get Taunt

in Guardian

Posted by: Drlightningbolt.1754

Drlightningbolt.1754

I don’t get why not, just put it on the shield or something.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

You’d think we’d get Resistance too.

in Guardian

Drlightningbolt.1754

I Just think its odd, that a class thats supposed to Guard, Can’t even pull aggro of people and they can put it on a weapon that needs some serious help.

in Guardian

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

No trinity gentlemen. The class that looks most like a tank is not allowed to tank.

in Guardian

Drlightningbolt.1754

Then Rev shouldn’t get taunt either, In fact only Eles should get taunts if that is the reasoning behind it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

If the shield gets anything it should be aegis or resistance. Taunting doesn’t actually have anything to do with protection, not directly at least (which is more of the flavour of the shield).

in Guardian

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

I believe they should get taunt as well. Either as part of a new utility skill or have it added onto an existing one, such as “Save Yourselves!”

in Guardian

Drlightningbolt.1754

If the shield gets anything it should be aegis or resistance. Taunting doesn’t actually have anything to do with protection, not directly at least (which is more of the flavour of the shield).

Fair enough.

I believe they should get taunt as well. Either as part of a new utility skill or have it added onto an existing one, such as “Save Yourselves!”

That makes more sense, I’ll take it on anything at this point.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i’ll agree w/ this suggestion. it would make sense here

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

To be honest, I feel like not enough current skills and traits were given taunt, resistance, or slow to begin with. It still baffles me that, instead of giving Warrior’s Berserker Stance resistance, they kept it as a complete condition invulnerability with no counterplay at all. I have a feeling this is going to end up leading into a “you need to buy HoT to access these” type of deal, where rather than reworking existing skills that aren’t commonly used, they just limit it to new stuff that ends up creating a balancing issue between those who have HoT and those who do not.

in Guardian

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

To be honest, I feel like not enough current skills and traits were given taunt, resistance, or slow to begin with. It still baffles me that, instead of giving Warrior’s Berserker Stance resistance, they kept it as a complete condition invulnerability with no counterplay at all. I have a feeling this is going to end up leading into a “you need to buy HoT to access these” type of deal, where rather than reworking existing skills that aren’t commonly used, they just limit it to new stuff that ends up creating a balancing issue between those who have HoT and those who do not.

Because they plan to roll them as part of the new specializations. All 3 of those are very powerful given what the Core specs are already capable of. But slow has some major weirdness with Boss mobs and their tendency for long wind up attacks.

in Guardian

Posted by: SnowBlind.5726

SnowBlind.5726

This but rename the shout “fly you fools”.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

This but rename the shout “fly you fools”.

only if they bring back staff “you shall not pass”

in Guardian

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

Ok now for the counter arguments.

1. From a balance perspective even if they were to add slow and taunt to more existing skills I would prefer them to do it incrementally if at all as they already had a ton of changes and adding completely new mechanics on top of that to multiple classes would be even a bigger headache. It would also make it harder to determine whether a class is too strong due to a trait change or because of the increased utility. Furthermore unlike protection, resistance completely negates conditions and should be more scarce.

2. Guardian was not inherently balanced with taunt/slow/resistance in mind. The new specializations are as well as the revenant. If taunt/slow/resistance was added to guardian skills the class may need a rebalance and some skills would need to be changed to reflect the new found utility that these classes now bring. (just to make it clear this part means some skills would need to be nerfed to compensate for taunt/resistance/slow buffs)

3. The did not change berserker stance to simply give resistance because it is not supposed to be a conditional thing. It is a stance not a boon, the idea behind the skill was to guarantee immunity to conditions not make it conditional by making it a strip-able.

Battlelord Taeres

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Because they plan to roll them as part of the new specializations. All 3 of those are very powerful given what the Core specs are already capable of. But slow has some major weirdness with Boss mobs and their tendency for long wind up attacks.

That’s exactly the point that I’m making, though. If they leave the new mechanics exclusively to the new specs, then it’s going to become a battle between the haves and the have-nots, when we had received yet another Anet promise that elite specs would only be an alternate playstyle, and not a literal upgrade.

in Guardian

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Hammer and Staff should get Taunt.

Ward+ Taunt equal awesomeness….