Why is Guard the only class without 25% speed

in Guardian

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

With the addition of mesmer getting +25% speed in chronomancer, Guardian will be the only class without the option of getting it somehow (Technically Engi is perma-swift, but honestly that is better anyway).

Can we please have it in some optional way? Even if to just take for jumping puzzles, mai trin fractal running around to dodge cannons, or just to keep up with the party. It sort of made sense (didn’t agree with it, but was semi fair) when not every class had access. Now Guard is the only one without access to it. It seems highly unfair in my opinion since it isn’t like we hit harder than other classes in melee range.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Honestly there are several trait lines that need serious work in terms of merging/updating/upgrading/shuffling traits.

They could easily put a 25% run speed in any of them.

As for why they don’t, guesses range from them not wanting the guard to move around fast to them not really knowing what they are doing when it comes to guards (looking at multiple misstypes/ mistakes Karl has made as well as how bad they have made several utility types)

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Maybe they are saving it for a future elite spec, known as “Fastdude” (because he runs fast) who will have an elite skill that provides him a passive 25% movement speed increase?

Ok bad jokes aside, maybe they seriously live with the outdated idea that Guards should not move fast unless they use up important utilities or weapon slots for swiftnekittenequiring to stand still…

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

It’s been a while since the explanation was released but I believe it was Ready Up #13 when they explained the deal with ‘no 25% RS buff for Guardians’.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mecha_Legs

I’ll also quote myself on the matter.

…Traits and utilities can be slotted for free, and even if you don’t want Pure of Voice/not taking Honor, you only need 76% swiftness uptime to equate a 25% movement speed. Untraited and without boon duration, Retreat is already 50%.

Fishsticks

(edited by Ghotistyx.6942)

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

I seem remember that a while ago someone (don’t remember if it was a dev or a player) posted it was because Guardians were meant to sit and defend and not chase.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

I seem remember that a while ago someone (don’t remember if it was a dev or a player) posted it was because Guardians were meant to sit and defend and not chase.

If true that is some pretty kittening stupid design as every other class could simply out move you and simply run away if the fight goes bad.

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

If only every PvP mode in the game had scoring based on holding a location rather than running away and conceding a location…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

There’s literally 5 threads on this ON THE FIRST PAGE already. Please people how hard is it to check.

in Guardian

Posted by: Isarii.2804

Isarii.2804

There’s literally 5 threads on this ON THE FIRST PAGE already. Please people how hard is it to check.

Probably because of how absurd the situation is.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Probably because of how absurd the situation is.

No, it’s just people not being concise or making good choices. There are as many DH feedback threads when we have a master thread created specifically to contain that feedback. I mean, it’s not like our forums are lacking any hubris.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

There solution was to give us Cripple and make everyone slower instead.

Being fast on the battlefield was never the Guardian’s trademark. Even DH and its utilities are slow to activate. Guardian is just not meant for that type of playstyle – players are forever forced to use Trav runes for that passive speed boost.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

I wish puncture shot would be changed to inflict cripple on enemies who turn their back on you, this way I could chase the runners

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

I mean, it is only really a convenience issue, greatsword 3 and sword 2 both have good gap closers, and in PvP and WvW nobody slots the speed traits anyway because they arent useful in combat

in Guardian

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

I mean, it is only really a convenience issue, greatsword 3 and sword 2 both have good gap closers, and in PvP and WvW nobody slots the speed traits anyway because they arent useful in combat

If you’re talking about other classes this is clearly false since every Necro that I know of slots the passive speed trait while running with dagger and same for Warriors and their 25% running speed while holding melee weapon. I also know that one of the big selling points in the Mesmer elite spec as well (making it a virtual must have) is the new passive speed trait.

in Guardian

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

OK i know how to fix guardian movement speed issues…ready!?!? Alter unscathed contender in virtues line (because really who doesn’t use virtues line) to also add 5 sec of swiftness applied at 5 sec intervals while you have applied aegis. While ooc you can have perma swiftness, and while in combat you can get short bursts while using skills & traits that apply aegis. Fixed your welcome!

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

(because really who doesn’t use virtues line)

Which would be exactly why NOT to put it in that line…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

If you’re talking about other classes this is clearly false since every Necro that I know of slots the passive speed trait while running with dagger and same for Warriors and their 25% running speed while holding melee weapon. I also know that one of the big selling points in the Mesmer elite spec as well (making it a virtual must have) is the new passive speed trait.

That’s because they merged the 25% run speed with immobilize cleanse on movement skill on warriors, the move speed increase is just a nice extra.

in Guardian

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

(because really who doesn’t use virtues line)

Which would be exactly why NOT to put it in that line…

So you’d rather put it in a trait line that no one uses just so ppl will use it for movement speed? kinda like taking a rune with stats you dont want so you can get movement speed? No thanks. Explain yourself bc i don’t understand what you do want

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

in Guardian

Posted by: Blackdeath.2607

Blackdeath.2607

the best solution to the 25% run speed problem for guards is to change defenders dogma in the dragon hunter trait line to give 25% run speed as the trait in its current state is beyond useless.