Why is Renewed Focus not a meditate skill?

in Guardian

Posted by: Araris.7839

Araris.7839

As the title says, this elite is a meditate, as backed by our friend Jon Peters own words. So, why is it not benefiting from our meditate trait lines?

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

hmmm. Renewed Focus is and has always been an Elite skill.

by chance could you be thinking of Focused Mind…? which is a trait that affects Meditations and was updated in last patch (?) to add Fury on Meditation usage (and subsequently all medi’s were chagned to be instant cast).

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Periclitor.1892

Periclitor.1892

Renewed focus used to be a meditation back in the old days, but was changed to not benefit and/or count as one since it colided with the old trait: Make meditation instant.

That trait later got changed to grant 4 seconds of fury upon activating a meditation.
And since that day when they changed our Elite skill not to count as anything, either tomes or renewd. We no longer has any trait that directly impact our elites, well we do have one in virtue tree. 50% longer duration.

Periclltor – Guardian
Account and Char® name could
be the same, Profanity!?

in Guardian

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I can’t believe this is a topic.

Every time a guardian stops to think on something, it doesn’t need to trigger monk’s focus.

Gate of Madness

in Guardian

Posted by: Periclitor.1892

Periclitor.1892

Yes i totaly agree, a 90 second cooldown elite when traited with 30 traits to heal 2k would be really overpowered, it is time we let it go

Periclltor – Guardian
Account and Char® name could
be the same, Profanity!?

in Guardian

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

I can’t believe this is a topic.

Every time a guardian stops to think on something, it doesn’t need to trigger monk’s focus.

If you think making RF a meditation was so people could get 4 seconds of Fury, you need to learn the class a little better.

Meditations are instant-cast skills. Ponder, or rather meditate, on that fact for a few minutes.

in Guardian

Redscope.6215

We no longer has any trait that directly impact our elites, well we do have one in virtue tree. 50% longer duration.

Which, incidentally, increases the cast time of RF.

Renewed Focus was just a combination of two things that should never have been combined: A benefit and a drawback.

The cast time on any skill is intended as a drawback, but with RF it was given the benefit of immunity. I’m not even sure if there’s another skill in the game that works this way.

The guard class seems to be plagued with little remnants from ‘old’ skills. Renewed Focus would probably have used the “channel” mechanic where you hold down the skill key and, essentially, “manually” cast the skill.

Another one is “Sword Wave” … yeah that skill is all kinds of buggy.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

We no longer has any trait that directly impact our elites, well we do have one in virtue tree. 50% longer duration.

Renewed Focus was just a combination of two things that should never have been combined: A benefit and a drawback.

The cast time on any skill is intended as a drawback, but with RF it was given the benefit of immunity. I’m not even sure if there’s another skill in the game that works this way.

The guard class seems to be plagued with little remnants from ‘old’ skills. Renewed Focus would probably have used the “channel” mechanic where you hold down the skill key and, essentially, “manually” cast the skill.

O.o

Erm….. what are you talking about?!

Anyways, you want to talk about broken remnant mechanics, have you played the Ranger class?

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Redscope.6215

O.o

Anyways, you want to talk about broken remnant mechanics, have you played the Ranger class?

Please. Just don’t. Don’t bring ranger QQ outside of the ranger forums again.

What is with the people who play rangers doing that?

If you can’t grasp what I’m talking about, then that post wasn’t for you. Those of us who followed where the intentions of this game have been and have gone will remember things like channeling, stat points, and mana (energy) which never even made it to beta much less live.

Not saying I’m a fanboy, but I kinda have a fanboy-ish knowledge of the evolution of GW2.

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Reducing RF’s cooldown to 72s, adding a 2k heal, and and grant Fury. Hrmm.

Well, it’d help in sPvP for sure, and given our crippling weakness to the (progressively stronger each patch, it seems) condi/toughness, MM, and petting zoo ranger meta, I can’t really say I’d object to it.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

(edited by Christos de Soufre.3802)

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

O.o

Please. Just don’t. Don’t bring ranger QQ outside of the ranger forums again.

What is with the people who play rangers doing that?

If you can’t grasp what I’m talking about, then that post wasn’t for you. Those of us who followed where the intentions of this game have been and have gone will remember things like channeling, stat points, and mana (energy) which never even made it to beta much less live.

Not saying I’m a fanboy, but I kinda have a fanboy-ish knowledge of the evolution of GW2.

Wow, you’re talking pre-beta then. Yeah, don’t know much about that, so I can’t speak much to it. Not sure why it would be relevant now though…. I think RF is quite beyond that now.

As for the ranger stuff, the reason I brought it up was because it’s quite relevant to what you stated about the pre-beta Guardian. The fact that the devs even admitted to rangers having exactly what you stated all the way through beta and still plagues the class todays with certain traits warrants it. Comparing Guardians and Rangers in that context is a bit silly and I think Rangers win on that front. However, the recent patches seem to be trying to correct some of those flaws and I think they’re getting to a better state now.

Btw, I don’t main a Ranger, whom hasn’t even hit 60 yet, and is my second attempt at enjoying the class.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

As the title says, this elite is a meditate, as backed by our friend Jon Peters own words. So, why is it not benefiting from our meditate trait lines?

That’s a really good question tbh. After all other professions have diff elite skills and pretty much all of them benefit from trait bonuses (like cd reduction etc). This is true for basilisk venom, signet of rage, spirit of nature etc. Making RF a meditation (it is already a med anyway) would be a really cool idea, plus would improve our dps spec without making bunker/support builds op (it’s only a 2k heal and 4 secs fury every 72 seconds, and support builds don’t take those traits).