Why is Warriors HP > Guardian HP

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Against pure damage, I have to actively try to die, but the moment conditions are slapped on me, I drop faster than a thief trying to tank.

Thieves are apparently perfectly viable tanks in GW2, or so Anet claimed in a video. Honestly, I think no class at all is suited to tanking because melee isn’t viable at all. In my opinion, all NPCs and players do too much damage. It seems that rather than “all classes are viable in all roles” as advertised, we have got “only ranged classes are viable and there are no other roles”. To me, it seems poorly implemented and needs a heck of a lot of tweaking, perhaps even a complete overhaul.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Guardian

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

Honestly I think it depends a bit on how you set up your guardian. My guardian has maxed out toughness traits, maxed power traits (with the GS attack heal trait) full set of superior rune of guardian, and a GS with +toughness and +healing power mods. His utility skills are the signets that buff power, reduce incoming damage, and increase healing, and Hounds of Balthazar to draw attention away at bad times. Against pure damage, I have to actively try to die, but the moment conditions are slapped on me, I drop faster than a thief trying to tank.

And that’s why I go with honor and valor lines with a mace/shield and 3 condition removal utilities along side the healing signet and the condition removal passive trait.

I’m pretty much unkillable unless I don’t move when I’m supposed to. Giving me a warrior’s health would mean I don’t even have to move, ever.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zeloux.2804

Zeloux.2804

“Save Yourselves” & Contemplation of Purity – ’nuff said

in Guardian

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Against pure damage, I have to actively try to die, but the moment conditions are slapped on me, I drop faster than a thief trying to tank.

Thieves are apparently perfectly viable tanks in GW2, or so Anet claimed in a video. Honestly, I think no class at all is suited to tanking because melee isn’t viable at all. In my opinion, all NPCs and players do too much damage. It seems that rather than “all classes are viable in all roles” as advertised, we have got “only ranged classes are viable and there are no other roles”. To me, it seems poorly implemented and needs a heck of a lot of tweaking, perhaps even a complete overhaul.

…Really? Dunno what you’re building on your Guardian but mine can stay toe-to-toe using Hammer or Sword and Shield all day in pvp. Yeah some bosses in pve you can’t always just sit there and face tank, but that’s what dodge rolls are for. If your argument partly contains the fact that you can’t close the gap against ranged before they do damage to you try Flashing Blade (1h sword #2) and/or Judge’s Intervention utility.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yramrag.3026

Yramrag.3026

You guys realized the last post on this thread was 5 months ago?

in Guardian

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

“Save Yourselves” & Contemplation of Purity – ’nuff said

You felt the need to bump this…why?

in Guardian

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

[All Stats are Lv80 Base/Naked]
Why do Warriors have 5067 more HP than a Guardian, and why do Guardians have 250 more Vitality at Lv 80? More Vitality usually means more HP, I don’t get this can someone explain?

And why should a Warrior get more HP than the "tank"y class?

Because guardians have more natural toughness.

Also there are a variety of abilities guardians have that heal/reduce dmg.

in Guardian

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

this has been discussed to death also 5 months ago it seems lol what the crap?

If you don’t understand why Guards have low HP and you die a lot because of this then you’re not really playing the Guardian correctly.

If you love a mountain of HP and this some how gives you a sense of security then go play a Warrior.

I actually like both but there is a reason why they are 2 different professions.