Will Traps get more utility/Virtues fixed?

in Guardian

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

Let’s all face it. Whether you like the traps or not, they are not going anywhere.

So my question, as well as many other guardians is……will the traps receive improved utility, including the elite? We would hate to have to wait until a balance change in who knows how long.

And will DH virtues be fixed?

I am not asking as what advice you guys are utilizing from the feedback thread, or what you will do. But a simple yes or no will help a lot of us DH out because holding on to false hope without any idea as to whether or not the problem will be tackled within 2 weeks can be worrisome.

Some of us are debating maining a new class. Some are willing to stay. Some are undecided and wish to start making preparations if they know we are stuck with what we have.

I know you are busy with the release coming up and want to make giving an answer a little easier.

So all im asking is, Karl……….do we plan on seeing changes in this regards?

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

(edited by lilz shorty.1879)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Fragments of Faith needs to do one big hit at around 7500 damage as the burst trap.

Test of Faith needs its animation toned down, it’s far too obvious and the only things that run into it are clones, pets and zergs.

Procession of Blades should be a Whirl Finisher.

Light’s Judgement should also Cripple.

All traps should be unblockable, just the same as all the Thief and Ranger traps.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Looking at spirit weapons, 2/4 of the signets & 2/4 of the consecrations I have serious doubts they will make the traps a viable choice for high end play.

Looking at the spirit weapons also makes me fearful that they could change them and make them even worse.

Looking at the shield tells me that if indeed they do fix anything it will take 3 years of us b!tching and complaining non stop for them to get around to it.

So in short don’t hold your breath.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Please enlighten me on why should virtues be fixed, as in, how are they broken? Yes, shield of courage could go without a cast time. Maybe the spear, but I’m not that keen on that as it has an actual “throwing a projectile” animation. But other than that they are very strong and pretty much superior to the regular virtues.

in Guardian

Posted by: NotoriousNaru.1705

NotoriousNaru.1705

Please enlighten me on why should virtues be fixed, as in, how are they broken? Yes, shield of courage could go without a cast time. Maybe the spear, but I’m not that keen on that as it has an actual “throwing a projectile” animation. But other than that they are very strong and pretty much superior to the regular virtues.

The regular virtues always give you the heals/boons. These new virtues get interupted, you don’t get anything(no heal/regen/prot/aegis/stab) AND they get put on full cooldown. They are not better than the regular virtues.

in Guardian

Vennyhedgie.5369

The regular virtues always give you the heals/boons. These new virtues get interupted, you don’t get anything(no heal/regen/prot/aegis/stab) AND they get put on full cooldown. They are not better than the regular virtues.

This happens with literally any skill that has a cast time and gives any small benefit before finishing the channel. Shelter, for example, if it gets interrumpted by an unblockable cc like necros have, will go on full CD because it already gave you a block. Same thing happens with the virtues. If you interrumpt wings of resolve even before you land, you will already have gotten part of its movement as well as the immobilize removal it has built in.
Shield of courage is better than regular Virtue of courage in every single way except having a cast time, which you can pretty much cover with a trait anyway.
Spear of justice is just different than VoJ, these two are probably the most equal of the lot as they both have different uses.
Wings of resolve are really useful as well, I’m not sure if it’s just me but I feel like their heal is stronger than regular virtue. Having a long range leap is great for guardian as well, and great ranged support. If you see an ally in trouble you dont need to run to them to activate your virtue, you can just leap right at them.

in Guardian

Posted by: JimmydT.7281

JimmydT.7281

I’m ok with the virtues. Traps must get more viable (damage, cd and utility) and the minor traits have to be adapted to make more playstyles benfit from it (in the moment are only passive F1 and ranged weapons).

This would make dh much better, i think.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Wings of resolve are really useful as well, I’m not sure if it’s just me but I feel like their heal is stronger than regular virtue..

You felt that 3890 on a 30s cooldown was more healing than 1625 on a 50s cooldown?
Well, I guess Benedict Cumberbatch will be ceding his role to you in the next series of Sherlock.

in Guardian

Vennyhedgie.5369

Wings of resolve are really useful as well, I’m not sure if it’s just me but I feel like their heal is stronger than regular virtue..

You felt that 3890 on a 30s cooldown was more healing than 1625 on a 50s cooldown?
Well, I guess Benedict Cumberbatch will be ceding his role to you in the next series of Sherlock.

Oh well excuse me for not checking the numbers watson.