Will you choose warrior as main after update?

in Guardian

Posted by: amethyst.3264

amethyst.3264

I have played guardian for a year. Now I just found that guardian is just a handicapped warrior. Guard has already low health and we need to sacrifice Pure of Voice for 3K HP. The boon duration runes will be also nerfed. Warrior has greater mobility (great for WvW roaming), more health and more dps. I found that Warrior can be as sustainable as guardian because of greater health and condition reduction. Since they will make ascended gear account-bound and I also enjoy playing my warrior alt, I am ready to switch to warrior.

Now I am very confused with guardian’s awkward position among all professions. It looks like Anet wanted to build a profession with lower health but strong passive healing and condition curing. But now after a year of playing I found that the passive heal is useless compared to warrior’s double passive heal (seems healing signet will be only nerfed by 8%). With elementalist’s new stone heart, guardian will be less tankier than ele, and warrior as well. And for condition removal? Every profession in condition build except guardian can kite you to death even if you are fully equipped with condition removal trait and skills.

Yeah you can say I am whining but that’s the reality. Does anyone shares the same thought with me? Switching to warrior?

in Guardian

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Maybe not warrior but I will try to find another class to play as my main.

in Guardian

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

Im leveling up my warrior as we speak, hopefully I can actually have a little bit of fun with the warrior. I’ve noticed throughout my time as a guard.. I’m never “having fun” so to speak.

in Guardian

Abe Kleine.3568

Also all warrior utility sets are useful in 1 way or another Looks at guardian spirit weapons. Those could have been fun to use……

in Guardian

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

I have other toons that I play…but I still try to find some sort of niche for my guardian to belong to. You know since being outclassed by warrior in every way and traits that could be useful for guardian going to other professions….

Devona’s Rest

in Guardian

Posted by: Hamish.1384

Hamish.1384

I’ve pretty much already switched, I want to make S/W DPS Ranger my main but the problem I’m having is a lot of my guildies don’t want me to play him in PvE. The reason I still play my Guard at this point is high level fractals he is EM/WoR/SoA bot…and my “usual” FotM 50 group only “tolerates” my Ranger on rare occasion.

Regardless, I have 9 level 80’s, and Im not sure people can fully understand the issues that are inherent in Guardians until they play other classes a considerable amount of time. Im getting sick and tired of hearing “Guardians are in a good spot” right now. Just about every class in the game for the past 8-10 months have been getting buffs while the Guardian gets minor “tweaks” that are considered by some including myself small nerfs.

Lets face it, Guardians being “in a good spot” have cause us to get left in the dust.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

Guardian became my main character’s profession after a few months. I have rarely been disappointed with what my Guardian can do. It’s a powerful force that is balanced in a lot of ways. I made a Warrior alt for the fun of it. The Warrior can kill things a little faster than my guardian can, but it can’t survive them half as well.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Leveling a elementalist atm and a warrior, might choose one of those 2 or rework my condi engi.

killing guardians on wvw with lowbies show how bad designed the class is.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: Loxsus.3841

Loxsus.3841

Honestly these forums initially sound like “just people whining and complaining” but I just don’t see it that way anymore.

So yes, I started a Warrior up and I’m on my way to level it up. I like Greatsword best so it sucks that really only 2 abilities are great in melee (3 if you need a free evade from whirl ability) but the damage is solid, the HP is nuts, and the abilities they get won’t make me miss much. I always like my melee warriors with magical powers aesthetically but I’ll get over it.

All I can do is hope that others who feel the same do the same until they start seeing Guardian numbers fall off and decide to look at the “good spot Guardian”.

in Guardian

Posted by: aarrgghhh.6309

aarrgghhh.6309

I’m glad I’m not the only one feeling this way. I chose guardian on a whim a few months ago when I started, and of course now that I have made a full zerker set, started my ascended armor crafts (just zojja’s gloves done so far), and made it to 50% map completion, am I realizing just how much I wish I’d have made a warrior.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

guardian or warrior?

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

I’m glad I’m not the only one feeling this way. I chose guardian on a whim a few months ago when I started, and of course now that I have made a full zerker set, started my ascended armor crafts (just zojja’s gloves done so far), and made it to 50% map completion, am I realizing just how much I wish I’d have made a warrior.

All of your ascended equipment will be account bound only(not soulbound anymore) soon. The crafts you can just keep on your guardian. Just make a warrior and transfer everything.

in Guardian

Posted by: Gundail.7594

Gundail.7594

I actually have two warriors I’ve leveled up ( I have an alt addiction ) and hands down I feel they are the best class in the game currently. Just in terms of the multiple, different, interesting specs, weapon choices and the fact you can still feel tanky with arms filled with dynamite. Just a great all round you can do it all class, super fun.

Yet, I have well over 2k hours on my Guardian despite all that. Even though I often feel my hands are tied and there’s classes I just can’t equally compete with.. there seems to be some sort of calming awe I bring to our WvW group. Everyone tells me things are just better, they last longer, get more kills when I’m on the Guardian. Sometimes I have trouble seeing it.

I intend to continue with the Guardian until I see how the balance plays out after patch. I just think it’s insane that Warriors have been where they are at for so long and Guardian are apparently so close to being game breaking that our biggest change is going to be a Vigor nerf that no one was asking for. Seriously, Anet… where’s the “OMG NERF PERMA DODGE GUARDIAN” threads? /boggle

Historically, when these balance notes come out, they don’t showcase all the little nerfy balance changes. Maybe Guardians are fine and Anet intents to bring everyone down to our level? One can hope, yes?

Gundent
Charr Warguardmeznecrotheifrangergineer
[ETA]-HoD or wherever Mega-server-blob who cares anymore?

in Guardian

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

I actually have two warriors I’ve leveled up ( I have an alt addiction ) and hands down I feel they are the best class in the game currently. Just in terms of the multiple, different, interesting specs, weapon choices and the fact you can still feel tanky with arms filled with dynamite. Just a great all round you can do it all class, super fun.

Yet, I have well over 2k hours on my Guardian despite all that. Even though I often feel my hands are tied and there’s classes I just can’t equally compete with.. there seems to be some sort of calming awe I bring to our WvW group. Everyone tells me things are just better, they last longer, get more kills when I’m on the Guardian. Sometimes I have trouble seeing it.

I intend to continue with the Guardian until I see how the balance plays out after patch. I just think it’s insane that Warriors have been where they are at for so long and Guardian are apparently so close to being game breaking that our biggest change is going to be a Vigor nerf that no one was asking for. Seriously, Anet… where’s the “OMG NERF PERMA DODGE GUARDIAN” threads? /boggle

Historically, when these balance notes come out, they don’t showcase all the little nerfy balance changes. Maybe Guardians are fine and Anet intents to bring everyone down to our level? One can hope, yes?

This. People always ask me to bring my guardian, even though I have a full zerk warrior with scholars runes. They claim they last longer and the runs go quicker when I have my guard.

I also agree with the “why vigor nerf”. Seriously…it is so wierd where ANET comes up with some of their balance things….only an 8% decrease to warriors passive healing, yet they have 2-3x my guards hp’s AND 2-3x my guards passive healing? But Vigor needs a nerf because I dodge too often? If I don’t dodge, I die. If a warrior doesn’t dodge, he can soak the damage and still heal it away.

I am one of those that has said though that Guardians are in a good place, because I do play every class often. I think Rangers, Ele,s , mesmers, and Necroes all need more help than guardians…and need to be brought UP to guardian level. I also think Warriors need to be seriously nerfed to get them down to a “normal” Guardian level. I feel the same about certain builds of Engi and Thief…they need to be brought down to guardian levels. But in all, Guardians are useful in every aspect of the game. I’m not sure if that will still be true after the vigor nerf….but we will see.

in Guardian

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

If you think Warrior is better than Guardian for WvW or that it will be after this update you must be bad at playing Guardian.

For anything else than 1v1 Guardian will still outclass Warrior, same as now.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

At the end of the day, I can still bring my Guardian nearly everywhere and he’ll have a couple well respected roles for him to play. The only glaring omission is a decent condi-build which they seem to be “trying” to fix in the new patch…. we’ll see how that goes.

I think even the Warrior was bottom rank in sPvP at some point and we’ve been sitting in the “Good but not too good so that you need a nerf good” for a while.

Retired Leader of TTS

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Please. I play a ranger in my spare time. I have no interest in adhering to whatever’s being crowned this month or year. And considering so few of the population knows they’re actually not useless in pve makes me take popular consensus with a grain of salt.

I already knew this before I rolled a guardian that warriors have better sustain and can sacrifice survivability for a better damage balance. Of course guardians are just more faceroll in pve and are already 11111 in wvw zergs so I don’t need more sustainability. That’s not why I rolled a guardian. Winning 1v1 fights is just to stroke ego in this game anyways.

Of course, I actually did mess around with the roaming meditation builds just about two days ago(but have runes of speed because I’m totally cheap and need to craft moar pinks) and it didn’t really seem too bad. Mesmers are way scarier than warriors; most warriors were not too bad— I’ve never seen their magical healing signet save them besides trying to tuck their tail in and run and since both pvp modes in this game is about point capture, that’s a loss. Of course, maybe I’m just coming across bad players, but dude this is wvw… then again a lot of “roamers” are exactly what I expected— people that run builds specialized to pvp and overrun players that aren’t and that fall apart once they can’t cheese the fight in 15 seconds. Then they just go find 2-3 more friends to seek revenge. Hmmph. Is that why so many don’t do fair fights in pvp? Yes I know there’s a legitimate purpose to cut off stragglers and force the enemy to scout as well as spreading information to the server, but how many really dedicate themselves to that?

I think the problem though is that meditation builds are fun but have like no group utility so I have to resort to boring shouts in zergs. Wonder what can be done about that.

As for “reality” they are quite wanted in pvp and wvw and not minded in pve. Play a class that people kick just because it’s that class and you don’t know how good you really have it.

But I’ll roll a warrior eventually. If the doom and gloom is true, then I can always find another game. Although there are actual issues, it’s nothing that can’t be eventually ironed out. Necromancers were a travesty at release but they’re starting to find their way.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Guardian

Posted by: amethyst.3264

amethyst.3264

If you think Warrior is better than Guardian for WvW or that it will be after this update you must be bad at playing Guardian.

You must be very pro playing as guardian. I would like to see your build of some of your video. Let’s look the question “For anything else than 1v1 Guardian will still outclass Warrior, same as now” objectively. Yes, indeed in PvE dungeons and fractals Guardian is not that bad because most profession use zerk build anyways. You can easily dodge/block bosses’ skills with your weapon and utility blocks and choose your range/melee depending on the situation. The reason why people prefer guardian in fractal is also because of their presence can increase significantly chances for warriors, say, to be attacked. I agree that the incoming vigor and boon duration rune nerf will not have significant impact on Guardian.

Let’s talk about WvW situation. My Guardian has world rank 23x which is not that bad (maybe noob to you). In T1 server I want to state that Warrior is better than Guardian in front of zerg because their stances (and passives) can make them immune to damage/condition/cc in the first 6 seconds after zergs collide which is decisive to the battle. With full soldier build Warrior can hit up to 30k hp and they have more stability than guardian. While being immune to everything they can cc using hammer build. Currently the most viable build for guardian in WvW is hammer/staff for permanent protection and heal on boons on allies + shouts converting/applying conditions on allies with increased boon duration. The incoming boon duration nerf will indeed reduce guardian’s support role and vigor nerf will reduce guardian’s chance to dodge heal, a large piece to Guardian’s survivability.

In PvP good Guardian can 1v1 Warrior and vise-versa, thank you.

You should brainstorm your arguments before you say something and don’t assume you are better than everybody else.

in Guardian

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

You should brainstorm your arguments before you say something and don’t assume you are better than everybody else.

I don’t assume I am better than everyone else, I am simply saying that if you think Guardian is worse than Warrior in WvW after this patch, you are bad at Guardian. It’s also kind of funny how all you do to prove your point is post a list of things that a Warrior can do, without any sort of reasoning behind why these items would make Guardian completely obsolete in favor of Warriors.

I would for example love to see your math on why 16 second personal stability is better than 13 seconds of party wide stability, or why a 6 second endure pain preventing 100% damage on yourself would be better than 6 seconds of protection preventing 165% damage across your group, or why a 6 second immunity to conditions on yourself would be better than the myriad of ways a Guardian can clear conditions on his / her entire group, especially when the Warrior skills have 2-3x longer cool downs.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

I’ll probably stop playing before I do that. Not trying to make an argument or anything, I just find warriors boring. If I wanted a warrior character, I would’ve done so a long time ago.

in Guardian

Posted by: KevinB.9643

KevinB.9643

I’ve played guardian since I started playing GW2, I actually feel most comfortble when playing guard, however I do dislike the low base health. A War has like 8k hp more base hp but the guardian has more party-supports (at least that’s what I think). The guardian is and will always be my main, one way or the other I can keep adjusting my guardian build no matter the buffs or nerfs. Iám also using a very mixed setup, so my main can act as a “jack of all trades” guy. People in my guild and regulars ask me to play guardian during dungeons most of the time.

in Guardian

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

You should have play warrior as main before update,they are getting nerfed to the ground after it ;O

My tanky guardian will have like 30k HP in WvW after the update so I may play him a bit more or my ele that cant be crit

in Guardian

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

You must be very pro playing as guardian. I would like to see your build of some of your video.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/external?l=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DibP7ovlhMLE

in Guardian

Posted by: Spirigo.2897

Spirigo.2897

Honestly these forums initially sound like “just people whining and complaining” but I just don’t see it that way anymore.

<snip>

I felt that way about some sections of these forums since I first visited them. My opinion hasn’t changed so far.

People make it sound like this game is Bad Rats of MMO world where every class except Warrior is so badly balanced that it can’t get past the starting area. In reality things are nowhere near as bad.

The WvW guild I’m in wants Guardians in every party for “stabilityprotection” and Empower. Dungeon and FotM groups want them for reflects. This shows that Guardians are useful for doing things they were designed to do and as long as it stays like this, I’m happy.

I wish the class could have a larger array of useful support options and more “funbuilds” (the latter might change with the introduction of scaling rita), I dream of the day when our Spirit Weapons become useful because I love em, but at the same time I don’t share the doom and gloom attitude that people in this thread have. Things are not that bad.

(edited by Spirigo.2897)

in Guardian

Posted by: Anubis.9346

Anubis.9346

If guardians are so bad, why are they so prevalent as frontliners in serious WvW guilds?

Just saying….

Get Get [iNk] Insidious Blink

in Guardian

Abe Kleine.3568

If guardians are so bad, why are they so prevalent as frontliners in serious WvW guilds?

Just saying….

What is this guy running?

in Guardian

Posted by: Vagelis.9562

Vagelis.9562

I have tried warrior in PVE, WvsW and SPVP … and i hated, i just dont like the playstyle. Guardian will remain my PVE/Dungeon main. For PVP i switched my main to Necro and for WvsW, i picked my Mesmer. But i’ll never take warrior seriously … it just doesn’t shine …

Revive Tybalt Leftpaw, only guy obsessed with sth other than Dragons Zombies or outrunning centaurs

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

You must be very pro playing as guardian. I would like to see your build of some of your video.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/external?l=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DibP7ovlhMLE

What is this sorcery?

Thanks, I haven’t seen a build quite like this before.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Just throwing it out there, I don’t see much mention of line of warding, or reflects or any of the more unique guardian abilities here. Personally I find these to be some of the most interesting WvW tools, as well as sPVP, and of course those reflect walls are huge in PVE, but I doubt people here are concerned about PVE too much as we seem to have a solid niche spot there.

But am I wrong thinking Line of warding is one of the most amazing WvW power? I mean it’s comical seeing a mob of people run into one and just stumble. It’s like an oldschool slapstick movie.

in Guardian

Posted by: Cylokin.2560

Cylokin.2560

Just saying….

I second the question “What is he running here”?

in Guardian

Posted by: thescottish.8430

thescottish.8430

Just saying….

The pocket Elementalist dropping lots of water fields certainly helps.

in Guardian

Posted by: Anubis.9346

Anubis.9346

Classic WvW build

Get Get [iNk] Insidious Blink

in Guardian

Posted by: BandAid.9720

BandAid.9720

In every video people seems to be running AH builds
It’s very easy to play guard like that

in Guardian

Posted by: BandAid.9720

BandAid.9720

Just saying….

AH most likely?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ehragus.5843

Ehragus.5843

Probably switching to mesmer..

80 Necro(x2) – 80 Guard – 80 Warr(x2) – 80 Engi – 80 Mes – 80 Ele(x2)

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

But… but… we think guardian is in a good place!

IN A GOOD PLACE!!111!!!!!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I will not be choosing Warrior, why you ask? Because Guardians are better and if you don’t know it, let me kick your kitten to show you.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Guardian

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

Just saying….

As he appears to be stacking might on crit, Id be willing to bet its AHEM, 0/0/30/30/10, with knights primary with some soldier thrown in. Its what I run with my guild .

in Guardian

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

mesmer will always be the top pvp class

action combat made mmos better lol

in Guardian

Posted by: xFx.3247

xFx.3247

Something that is questionable thou, someone said that running away in sPvP is bad? While certainly that running away will let them capture it, but remember that someone else can “take their” place while they get out of combat and heal.
So that way, you are not capturing anything, and someone will come to bust you “soon”.

in Guardian

Posted by: Androuw.1702

Androuw.1702

(edited by Androuw.1702)

in Guardian

Posted by: Hamish.1384

Hamish.1384

Just saying….

While I admit I only watched for about 2:30 seconds.

In that time here is what I noticed;

- No one focused him, let alone attacked him directly?
- His zerg/team/guild w/e had almost perma meteor shower going, must have a lot of zerker ele’s.
- His staff auto was hitting for 1100ish (On crit)…IE, he isn’t really contributing much offensively, but to be expected if he is just a meat shield.
- Hammer auto was hitting for 1200ish (On crit)..I think I saw a 2500 (With a crit, lol.) damage Mighty Blow in there…whoopity doo.
- His biggest contribution to the fight was empowering might, however, I wonder if it was helping his true damage dealers the Ele’s since they were probably in the back?
-It looks like he has 21k HP, so Sentinal’s? Celestial maybe with some PTV mixed in for extra VIT? Definitely running some variation of a 0/0/30/30/10 type of build.
- So basically he is a buffbot. Sounds fun.

If running around tickling people for 1100ish damage is fun then ok…

in Guardian

Posted by: Androuw.1702

Androuw.1702

Hamish I understand your point of view but I invite you to watch the rest of the video before that I hit 1k. The beginning of the video is a bit ridiculous because there are few enemies.

in Guardian

Posted by: Archenemy.9784

Archenemy.9784

Just saying….

While I admit I only watched for about 2:30 seconds.

In that time here is what I noticed;

- No one focused him, let alone attacked him directly?
- His zerg/team/guild w/e had almost perma meteor shower going, must have a lot of zerker ele’s.
- His staff auto was hitting for 1100ish (On crit)…IE, he isn’t really contributing much offensively, but to be expected if he is just a meat shield.
- Hammer auto was hitting for 1200ish (On crit)..I think I saw a 2500 (With a crit, lol.) damage Mighty Blow in there…whoopity doo.
- His biggest contribution to the fight was empowering might, however, I wonder if it was helping his true damage dealers the Ele’s since they were probably in the back?
-It looks like he has 21k HP, so Sentinal’s? Celestial maybe with some PTV mixed in for extra VIT? Definitely running some variation of a 0/0/30/30/10 type of build.
- So basically he is a buffbot. Sounds fun.

If running around tickling people for 1100ish damage is fun then ok…

I saw more 1.7k-2.3k damage than 1.1k, and don’t forget some player can be full PVT, so it can reduce the damage and we need to know if the target got protection etc…

Tell me how much damage deal a warrior by spamming 1 ? Don’t expect more than 3k in WvW

No one focused him, let alone attacked him directly?

Try to focus some one inside a mele train, if some one try he will be instant kill

Yukino Mikatsuchi [iNk]

in Guardian

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

I will keep playing my level 80 Guardian and my level 80 Warrior, because I have a lot of fun playing both.

While I admit Warrior is in a better spot overall balance-wise, saying Guardians are a weaker form of Warrior is just silly, both can do things the other cannot.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

The best player can always adapt if they desire but there isn’t any shame in trying other classes. It should be encouraged to see exactly how the classes suit your playstyle. Most people choose specific classes because of the appeal that class gives based on it’s concept, not because of a specific design or implementation. After playing another profession, you will be a more informed player on making choices that suit you.

I’ve played all classes at 80 in PVE, simply so I know where I stand when I complain or applaud decisions about the one I like the concept of the most.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

Is this thread for real? I had to double check that it wasn’t a 1st april joke. ..

in Guardian

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I have played guardian for a year. Now I just found that guardian is just a handicapped warrior. Guard has already low health and we need to sacrifice Pure of Voice for 3K HP.

This made me lol. No one is forcing you to switch. Keep pure of voice if you want it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

I’ll be sticking with my Guardian. While playing other professions is paramount to knowing how they fight, this profession always has a place in my heart. I can understand why someone would switch. The fun-factor is through the roof when playing a Warrior but for me, the challenge is much higher playing a Guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

Warriors are getting nerfed after update
Yeah, better swap to them right after it instead of now.
#Logics
Not swapping at all by the way, I just have both and enjoy both ^.^