Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

GLWT

/10char

Wishful thinking Guardian changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

i will be happy only with a symbol boost, but insteaad of more damage, a really prefer some movement malus related to the simbols rate of use, and maybe, more simbols to use ^^

And for the weapons boost damage traits, i don think they will be usefull. Our streght is on Boons right? so why dont create more boons related traits? SOmething that increase the boost of might, or the HP healed by regen… or something that double the number of stacks added by a single boon. or something that give us a stack of a boon, if we have a stack of another boon, this can be funny instead of a passive % of damage added to a weapon.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

in Guardian

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Just give me the sceptre ones, and the rest won’t be needed. I’d kill for a decent ranged alternative.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Guardian

Posted by: Viralseed.9362

Viralseed.9362

The only change I really want to see: Symbols are now Auras. Auras are cast at the feet of the Guardian (including Symbol of Swiftness). Auras move with the Guardian for the duration. Allies (and self) still receive the appropriate boon for each tick. Enemies still take damage each second. This way, Symbols are better for PvP. It is easier to hit a moving target with a Symbol and you won’t be a sitting duck if you try and get the boon to stack.

Other than that, a Spirit Weapon revamp would be nice. Spirit Weapons are basically boring summons.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

I agree with Auras, I’ve been posting something similar like this for a few months. This game is too mobile to have symbols.

Edit: I’m not a fan of the current direction Guardians are being taken. We’re supposed to be powerful with boons yet the ones we have access to provide small duration/long cool down. I think we should have access to something similar to what Elementalists have. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen that profession have 40 seconds of regen, almost constant protection, same with vigor and swiftness while having 15 stacks of might.

(edited by Arken.3725)

in Guardian

Ganzo.5079

I agree with Auras, I’ve been posting something similar like this for a few months. This game is too mobile to have symbols.

i dont know how the aura thing can be positive, without re-elaborate all the simbols.
Hammer simbol is always up, GS simbols is up only once every 20 seconds.

SImbols (and consecration) can be wonderful tools of field and position control. they need only the control part. (that now we are missing)

Edit: I’m not a fan of the current direction Guardians are being taken. We’re supposed to be powerful with boons yet the ones we have access to provide small duration/long cool down. I think we should have access to something similar to what Elementalists have. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen that profession have 40 seconds of regen, almost constant protection, same with vigor and swiftness while having 15 stacks of might.

i agree, all the guardians boon part, is handled in a really bad way.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
LOL

in Guardian

Arken.3725

i dont know how the aura thing can be positive, without re-elaborate all the simbols.
Hammer simbol is always up, GS simbols is up only once every 20 seconds.

SImbols (and consecration) can be wonderful tools of field and position control. they need only the control part. (that now we are missing)

i agree, all the guardians boon part, is handled in a really bad way.

I’m not disagreeing with the current state of say the hammer symbol but that only works because most of the time your target stands still. This almost never happens in pvp so the symbols become near useless.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Symbols
Symbols are now auras, auras are cast at the feet of the guardian

I first read that as:

“Symbols are now asuras, asuras are cast at the feet of the guardian”

THAT would have been an interesting mechanic…

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

I did the same exact thing when I read auras. Some of these changes i agree with, others not so much. 900 range on our leeps i dont believe is really needed, 600 is fine as it is for gap closers. Also applying burning isnt really needed ss they both already apply blind, and also if traited 3 stacks of vuln from the blind.

Scepter does need an overhaul like you said, i would say get rid of the whole projectile as it is (kinda like necro) where it does damage on the first two hits and either apply burning for 2secods on the third, or do a small aoe on the third. (kinda like a smaller smite condition AoE.) Also make smite a symbol like it should be, applying vigor or maybe even fury.

As far as symbols I like the Aura idea. It would be a bit tricky though with the combo fields and whatnot. The swiftness symbol, and if they ever made it one smite, would be odd because of ground targeting already in the ability. I think a possible fix would be to seperate the damage and the field from the actual buff. Also I think that the greatsword trait should have an instant animation or possibly spawn on your target than around you, because at most in pvp you get like 2 ticks if that. Also I would LOVE a trait that added cripple to symbols. Like 1 second per tick. It would be a huge help with control.

Healing skills I dont think need any work. Shelter is OP as it is with any onblock traits (25 stacks for 15 seconds when being focused, hells yes) and also stops all damage. Never really used breeze though so maybe that could use a buff.

Signet of mercy fully Agree on, everyone else’s signet is 120 recharge, why the hell is ours double that while also only rezing one person.

As far as adding a 25% move speed buff i kinda disagree. Guardians arent meant for full mobility like that. However i would say make a trait that if we apply a boon to an ally we get like 2 seconds of swiftness, with maybe like a 1-2 second cooldown so we cant perma stack it around allies. It would tie in amazingly with the we rely on boons gameplay but keep us limited a bit still on our mobility to a degree

( i will edit this post for typos later, to much of a pain doing it on my phone)

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

(edited by Bash.7291)

in Guardian

Arken.3725

Normally i’d agree but this profession actually has quite a bit of mobility in terms of teleports. So far, we’re the only class that doesn’t have cripples, stuns and now 25% movement speed boon. A little lopsided if you ask me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Orion.1678

Orion.1678

Normally i’d agree but this profession actually has quite a bit of mobility in terms of teleports. So far, we’re the only class that doesn’t have cripples, stuns and now 25% movement speed boon. A little lopsided if you ask me.

We have only two offensive teleports; Swords is 600 range, 10 second CD. Judge’s Intervention is 1200 range, 45 second CD. Merciful Intervention is more defensive since it teleports to a teammate with the lowest HP, although it’s possible they’re in melee range of others, but an 80 second CD means it’s not too useful IMO. Flashing Blade should be 900, but that might be too much but 600 seems a little low; 750 might be a nice medium. I think Judge’s Intervention just needs the CD reduced to around 25 seconds.

According to many other Guardians we have the worst mobility in game after the updates.

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

I don’t think our mobility is terrible, but it’s certainly not as good as other professions. I’d absolutely love lower teleport cooldowns, for one.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

I don’t think our mobility is terrible, but it’s certainly not as good as other professions. I’d absolutely love lower teleport cooldowns, for one.

That means comparatively, our mobility is terrible though.

And also comparatively, we rely on melee combat the most of any Profession. More so than the Warrior who also apparently relies on melee combat (according to the descriptions from ANet), except they have very powerful and viable ranged options.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Whale, I guess if you look at it THAT way…

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

Dont change Judges Intervention…

Its a good move. Perfect the way it is. Maybe a standard 30sec CD.

Change Merciful Intervention to Ground Targeted.

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]

in Guardian

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

I would agree with Symbols being perceived as an aura that follows us around. Give a hard 1 second duration for boon from aura and make the aura tick every second to refresh the boon (non-stacking and unaffected by boon bonus duration). I really wish they would change up the combo fields for the symbols we have. Symbol of Wrath would be best as a fire combo field. Symbol of Swiftness would be combo field lightning. Symbol of Protection would be combo field ice. Symbol of Faith would be combo field water. And please create Smite as a symbol with combo field light (reason being that it’s a ranged aoe and other range would be shooting through or into it).

Having these symbols changed to something besides light will add a little more variety in our combo finishers. Right now the Guardian only as access to 2 combo fields and 5 combo finishers out of all of our weapons(GS x3, Hammer x1, and focus x1). Scepter isn’t even a projectile finisher… There is plenty of work that could be done to the class to make it stronger. For now we have to be patient and just voice our suggestions and concerns.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

in Guardian

Ganzo.5079

By design concept, simbols are light, consecrations are fire, so elements are ok, and i dont think the fact this tools are static on the ground is a problem, if they provide some kind of heavy punishment for the fools that step on it.
Guardian is supposed to be a sort of “tactical warrior”, where warrior push the enemy with the brute force, guardian use some kind of refined methods, but (sadly) this for now is only on paper. (thats why i choose this class about 3 years ago, and now after 3 months of play im here to voice loudly my concern)

LOL

in Guardian

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

To be honest, the Aura concept would make symbols vastly OP, and many would go for such builds. Nobody would touch a sword, for instance, if symbols were so boosted (not that many touch it even now, even though it’s a nice weapon).

Guardian is so powerful, despite its rather lacking mobility options. I wish Sword had one cripple skill, even if for 1-2 secs., or one additional snare somewhere. But as they are, they are really beyond “decent”, and to this player, not boring/stale at all.

in Guardian

Viralseed.9362

Yeah, I don’t think we should mess with the Combo Fields. With Symbol of Wrath giving Retailiation, you can move into Leap of Faith for an additional 5 seconds of Retaliation or use Whirling Wrath/Binding Blade for an AoE conditional removal. With Symbol of Protection, Mightly Blow can give all allies Retaliation. I’m not too excited about Fire Fields as it really only benefits the +10% damage to burning enemies trait. A Guardian can do without Burning Bolts, 3 stacks of might, and Fire Armor. I wish we had a Water Field or two for added healing abilities. Greatsword on a timed Water Field can dish out two waves of Healing Bolts to all nearby allies. With a cooldown of 40 seconds (like Purging Flames), it’s more of a last-second save than a viable source of healing. I suppose it depends on how powerful the heal is.

EDIT:

To be honest, the Aura concept would make symbols vastly OP, and many would go for such builds. Nobody would touch a sword, for instance, if symbols were so boosted (not that many touch it even now, even though it’s a nice weapon).

If it’s a matter of the damage Symbols would cause (especially with the Zeal trait Symbolic Power), the damage can be nerfed to compensate. In PvE, there would barely be a change. The change is more or less focused on PvP to make Symbol build more viable. Really, the only Symbol that would need any kind of change if Symbols functioned like an Aura would be Symbol of Protection. With the ability to cast it every 3 seconds, it could be greatly overpowered. It would be a matter of testing as anyone can visually see the third hit of the Hammer chain and avoid the attack.

I personally wanted to try out Sword prior to the update but with Vigorous Precision nerfed, I can’t really build around the weapon without completely changing my build. Look at the bright side, to get the greatest effect of Symbols, the Guardian will need to invest heavily into Zeal and Honor. We’d possibly see less Altruistic Healing builds.

(edited by Viralseed.9362)

in Guardian

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Yeah, I don’t think we should mess with the Combo Fields. With Symbol of Wrath giving Retailiation, you can move into Leap of Faith for an additional 5 seconds of Retaliation or use Whirling Wrath/Binding Blade for an AoE conditional removal. With Symbol of Protection, Mightly Blow can give all allies Retaliation. I’m not too excited about Fire Fields as it really only benefits the +10% damage to burning enemies trait. A Guardian can do without Burning Bolts, 3 stacks of might, and Fire Armor. I wish we had a Water Field or two for added healing abilities. Greatsword on a timed Water Field can dish out two waves of Healing Bolts to all nearby allies. With a cooldown of 40 seconds (like Purging Flames), it’s more of a last-second save than a viable source of healing. I suppose it depends on how powerful the heal is.

EDIT:

If it’s a matter of the damage Symbols would cause (especially with the Zeal trait Symbolic Power), the damage can be nerfed to compensate. In PvE, there would barely be a change. The change is more or less focused on PvP to make Symbol build more viable. Really, the only Symbol that would need any kind of change if Symbols functioned like an Aura would be Symbol of Protection. With the ability to cast it every 3 seconds, it could be greatly overpowered. It would be a matter of testing as anyone can visually see the third hit of the Hammer chain and avoid the attack.

I personally wanted to try out Sword prior to the update but with Vigorous Precision nerfed, I can’t really build around the weapon without completely changing my build. Look at the bright side, to get the greatest effect of Symbols, the Guardian will need to invest heavily into Zeal and Honor. We’d possibly see less Altruistic Healing builds.

Ironically, I use a lot a 25 Zeal 30 Honor symbol build, even now-it works WONDERS for dumb PvE mobs, but I can see how many would despise it for WvW since most players won’t sit on your symbols like zombies mindlessly do. Developers probably believe that symbols are one of the Guardian’s tools for area control; having that area move with you would go against their theoretical view of the Guardian (which of course you can agree/disagree with.) Perma-heal auras that move with you would also, IMHO, be OP. In my particular case, Aura style “symbol” would actually weaken my build a big deal (even though it’s in theory better for PvP), since I depend on symbol damage a lot for my PvE build.

in Guardian

Viralseed.9362

Ironically, I use a lot a 25 Zeal 30 Honor symbol build, even now-it works WONDERS for dumb PvE mobs, but I can see how many would despise it for WvW since most players won’t sit on your symbols like zombies mindlessly do. Developers probably believe that symbols are one of the Guardian’s tools for area control; having that area move with you would go against their theoretical view of the Guardian (which of course you can agree/disagree with.) Perma-heal auras that move with you would also, IMHO, be OP. In my particular case, Aura style “symbol” would actually weaken my build a big deal (even though it’s in theory better for PvP), since I depend on symbol damage a lot for my PvE build.

Having Symbols follow the Guardian would only improve crowd-control. It would allow the Guardian to move through a group of enemies forcing the enemies to seperate or retreat. It helps enforce the crowd-control aspect of the Guardian as well as the Boon management aspect. I don’t see it really hurting your build at all. It would be easier to damage enemies, apply Vulnerability, and heal yourself. Worse comes to worse, the idea of Symbols following the Guardian could be a grandmaster trait should ArenaNet decide to start merging some of the bad traits together (creating space for new ones).