WvW Builds for Dragonhunter

in Guardian

Posted by: skystorm.9280

skystorm.9280

Hi there Hunters. Im a WvW soloer – sometimes a buddy up with a friend or two and we mainly roam, I just got my full DH elite spec unlocked and want to start – Im thinking running the pvp trapper rune, marauder armor + weps: is that viable in WvW solo/ small party roam?

Suggestions and very welcome!

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

I’ve seen this work with decent success. This build excels if you’re running with a havoc group and are trying to harass a zerg by luring people into choke-points (traps pre-laid).

Don’t expect any great success in 1v1s though; many other roamers out there are also seasoned spvp players and are quite familiar with DH traps. You might be able to catch warriors, and non dodge-spamming thieves with traps but most every chronomancer, ranger/druid, and revenants are going to give you trouble.

Here is a good video of a DH with trapper runes in action in WvW:

https://youtu.be/uHtcnh0eHwk

For most of the video, s/he is running a medi-trapper build, but in the latter half you see a nearly full-traps DH build. For solo-roaming, I find the medi-trapper works very well against -melee oriented classes (daredevil, reaper, warriors, other DH), whereas full medi DH/Longbow works better against ranged/kiting classes such as druid/chronomancers.

in Guardian

Posted by: skystorm.9280

skystorm.9280

Thanks for the share!
Had some difficulties opening the build linked in the video but managed – I do like the full trapper build with GS and LB (the pulls and condi cleanse from GS are really useful I’m finding).

Doesn’t fair well against most scrappers once they come back, but then who does these days -.-