[WvW] What is the Burn Guardian build?

in Guardian

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Hey guys, yes I am looking for the one trick pony burn guardian build, however, there is only 1 posted on metabattle and it’s the pvp variant so I’m wondering if anyone has branched out from that or made their own personal version of a burn guard outside of pvp aka in WvW?

Currently I’ve tried my own lame version; found it bad due to having zero movement speed save for the 2 teleports, I am somehow very squishy (possibly due to the stats on gear I chose focusing on precision) and in general it can’t handle more than 1 enemy at a time.. not sure if I’m doing something wrong?

Here was my version:

ARMOR + RUNES: Sinister + Balthazar runes
WEAPONS + SIGILS: Sinister, mainhand = SW/F (Doom + Geomancy) and offhand = SC/T (Malice + Smoldering)
TRINKETS: A mix of Carrion BP, Rabid trinkets with Carrion jewels (because I don’t have the recipe for Sinisters)
TRAIT LINES: Radiance: mid/mid/top Virtues: bot/top/bot Zeal: mid/bot/mid
FOOD: Rare Veggie Pizza + Toxic Focusing Crystal (sitting @ 60% overall condi duration; burning in particular @ 100%+)

Yes I know I went mostly offensive with this build and I guess that’s where I went wrong so is there any way I can improve it or does anyone out there care to share what variant of burn guardian is working for them?

in Guardian

Posted by: casius van.5186

casius van.5186

Burn guards can be offensive, at least I am. But i use a mix of carrion and dire for more of a bunker burn. The burn works best as a team fighter with a small group or a pair. If you find yourself in 1v1, best to pace the opponent so he exhausts his cleanses before dropping the stacks on top of him.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

Hmm, i dunno, did anyone ever try a Dire for condi burning ?

I would assume a Dire set would give enough toughness and vit for survivability, but you’d need to go full zerk on weapons, jewelry and backitem to compensate in power.
But i’m sure you’d burn everything to smithers .
As for weapons : i’d go with GS and SC/T

I might try it sometime, i think it’s viable in WvW depending on the kind of runes you use and if you solo roam or go in groups.

in Guardian

Posted by: casius van.5186

casius van.5186

Hmm, i dunno, did anyone ever try a Dire for condi burning ?

I would assume a Dire set would give enough toughness and vit for survivability, but you’d need to go full zerk on weapons, jewelry and backitem to compensate in power.
But i’m sure you’d burn everything to smithers .

I find burn is at its most effective without zerker. If power is a concern, you can always mix carrion or sinister. In my experience since patch, dire and carrion work well, but roaming and 1v1 its a mixed bag. Especially against classes with a lot of cleansing.

in Guardian

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR8PlsAhyhY3QgfIOCIqcC2gRoNAeg38utRQGA-T1CEwAsVrw++Dj0NsVJITlYGeAATVSITVFAHBgGXEAoKHIFgfKjA-w

What I roughly run when I run my hybrid guard.
JI + Whirling Wrath can stack between 5-10stacks of Burn and does about 4-5k damage if Fire sigil (or Air, whatever you prefer) procs as well.
Last utility slot is either SYG or Purging.
Also, can swap Fire Flank Steak for condi duration food if ya want, I run Cactus Fruit Salad when I do.

Build varies depending on who your facing but is fun to play anyway.

in Guardian

Posted by: rbbthole.9074

rbbthole.9074

try this, you can melt a lot of build except d/d cele elementalist (diamond skin), some necro (must be a good player), and burst memser (because they are a bit op atm)…

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAsf7dlsAhmhY1QwcIwPEHBEVeIewI0GAPwbe32IIDA-TFSHABYoVIt9H6QXAjq/EwJB4OlgHp8DgnAQAAEAH9oH9oH9oddjOzjOzZWKgFVWB-w

ps: don’t spam all at start, it’s easy to clear burn stack and it’s all you have to win, abuse your survivability first and then burst them down..
pps: please don’t fight thiefs with this build.. there is no glory on punching kids.
ppps: forgive my english <3

(edited by rbbthole.9074)

in Guardian

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I’ll be trying these out, thanks for the build tips, greatly appreciated!