Wvw zerker guardian viable?

in Guardian

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

In this new condition meta we’re facing now, do you think full zerker gear is still viable, I was thinking of going meditation, with sigil of purity on gs/sword, I’m currently running a mix of soilder/zerker and struggle to get a lot of these new meta builds down, due to the sheer amount of toughness/damage, any ideas/thoughts, I solo roam mainly

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

nope, tryed a 29-33k hp guardian other day removing 2 conditions each 10 seconds plus shouts removing conditions etc etc, some classes can still defeat in 3-4 seconds i dont even have time to telegraph, yes conditions on small scale are far more than OP.

Only way to use that gear set is in blob IMO, this new update forces player even to blob more than ever to have better condition cleared.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Noble.2670

nope, tryed a 29-33k hp guardian other day removing 2 conditions each 10 seconds plus shouts removing conditions etc etc, some classes can still defeat in 3-4 seconds i dont even have time to telegraph, yes conditions on small scale are far more than OP.

Only way to use that gear set is in blob IMO, this new update forces player even to blob more than ever to have better condition cleared.

You’d think with us having the most condi removal we’d be ok..I don’t mind changes I don’t mind being underpowered, I mean I wouldn’t be a guardian if I did, but this meta is stupid, they nerfed zerker, and that would have been fine, if they didn’t buff conditions, you can’t even burst condition builds now, they burst you, so the only option is to go condition yourself, and we’ll that isn’t an option as anet kittened that change up for guards to

Stupid Seven [sM]

in Guardian

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

Zerker still has the best DPS. I don’t think the viability of it changed much after the patch — Your damage gets reduced, so does your enemy’s. However, conditions did not change, so look out for condition classes. They were quite troublesome even before the patch.

I thought you already gave up that build 3 months ago.

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

in Guardian

Noble.2670

Zerker still has the best DPS. I don’t think the viability of it changed much after the patch — Your damage gets reduced, so does your enemy’s. However, conditions did not change, so look out for condition classes. They were quite troublesome even before the patch.

Yer I understand that, but there’s more runes in favour of conditions now, witch has overall boosted the meta condition builds as he previously mentioned a condition build can still burst you in 3-4secs, witch is better then zerker now, and they stack more toughness/vitality, so we cant hit them nearly as hard as they can us, running full defense builds as he mentioned we also get kitten d, because again we can’t damage and they can, so my only thoughts against this was keep all the condition removal I currently have (witch is the maximum and it still isn’t enough) and go full zerker gear in hopes of bursting them down before they get me down, don’t seem like it’s going to happen tho

Stupid Seven [sM]

in Guardian

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

Yer I understand that, but there’s more runes in favour of conditions now, witch has overall boosted the meta condition builds as he previously mentioned a condition build can still burst you in 3-4secs, witch is better then zerker now, and they stack more toughness/vitality, so we cant hit them nearly as hard as they can us, running full defense builds as he mentioned we also get kitten d, because again we can’t damage and they can, so my only thoughts against this was keep all the condition removal I currently have (witch is the maximum and it still isn’t enough) and go full zerker gear in hopes of bursting them down before they get me down, don’t seem like it’s going to happen tho

Don’t get discouraged by Aeolus’ build. I run a weaker build (for the dps), but never experienced anything he did.

I can’t deny that conditions are one of the reasons I only use my med build occasionally. I like the burst, but it’s not worth the sacrifice of all things that you (and your party) get with shout build.

Here’s what I use to handle conditions on my shout build, other than PoV, you can use them on a med build:

• Sigil of Generosity and Purity
  • Signet of Resolve healing skill
  • Absolute Resolution trait
  • Melandru runes
  • -40% condition duration food (I never go WvW without this)
  • Pure of Voice trait

As you can see, DPS is sacrificed; but IMO it’s worth it. If you have Applied Fortitude and at least 4 in Honor, it is safe to use knight and berserker mix for DPS. I still wouldn’t go for full berserker though. What is your maximum condi removal setup?

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

(edited by xFireize.6318)

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I could notice a drop in direct damage from alot of classes still, isnt that great how most of the players say it is, condition by the other hand had an uprrising in WvW, tho reason why i think guardians should not try to run zerker most of the time and have other stuff to mix, unless they are on groups and know what to do.

By far im discouraging players.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)