Zealous Blade healing

Zealous Blade healing

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Hi i have a question on Zealous Blade

It says it heals per attack. Does that mean every “hit” as in GS cleaves 3 targets so does it heal 3 ticks of 25hp for each auto attack swing? And 14 * 25 for each Whirling Wrath if all attacks hit? Or is it just 25 per swing regardless of how many hits you do per swing. (Im using 25 hp but it changes of course depending on your gear).

Thanks

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Zealous Blade healing

in Guardian

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

also cleave count

Zealous Blade healing

in Guardian

Spartacus.3192

also cleave count

Hmm so Zealous Blade isn’t such a bad trait. I mean in large scale encounters where you can cleave 3 people each swing, getting minimum 3*25=75 hp per swing is pretty decent. Can swing twice per second. Thats 150hp per second just from Auto Attack. And whirling wrath can heal as much as 25*14=350hp if all hits connect?

I might have to consider testing that out.

Thanks

Zealous Blade healing

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

It’s an alright trait, most people use it for the damage multiplier and not the healing aspect. I’d like to see the healing coefficient buffed a bit, this would help immensely when it came to dps builds.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Zealous Blade healing

in Guardian

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

350 hp, or one retal tick.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Zealous Blade healing

in Guardian

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Its pretty nice to have. Specially as it tkaes out a big chunk of retaliation damage. Which is effing MURDER on the greatsword in a zerg. Using GS 2-4 in a zerg is like waving your hands and screaming “I WANT TO DIE” if there rolling ret bombs. One of the downsides of having a multi hit reliant weapon. (no where near as bad as engi flamethrower one though)

Ghost Yak

Zealous Blade healing

in Guardian

Spartacus.3192

It’s an alright trait, most people use it for the damage multiplier and not the healing aspect. I’d like to see the healing coefficient buffed a bit, this would help immensely when it came to dps builds.

Im trying to fine tune my WvW hybrid medi/burn build and one thing im noticing is my self sustain and armor is less than on my pure medi (Zerg V Zerg) build so i need to find more ways to self heal…Since burst builds dont have a chance when fighting large scale wars.

Now i know AH frontline shout build is meta for WvW but i tend to run a medi build and simply swap some accessories if i find myself in a solo or very small group. Tankier for ZvZ and bursty for solo. Plus AH frontline is boring as sheeeeeeet.

I agree that the healing should be improved. Doubled at least.

Zealous Blade healing

in Guardian

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Spartacus I run a bloody SW guard on the frontline in zergs. Any guardian build can work there once you learn where you need to be on the fighting line. I usually put myself right past the enemies melee train and start wacking it from behind. With all there cleaves going forward my pets usually live a really long time and kill quite a few midliners.

Ghost Yak

Zealous Blade healing

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

If you’re going to take ZB, take it for the damage. The healing is pitiful.

Zealous Blade healing

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

350 hp, or one retal tick.

• 5 people.
Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Zealous Blade healing

in Guardian

Spartacus.3192

Is the healing really that pitiful? I mean traited Smite Condition heals for approx 125 hp/sec (2000hp with a 16sec cd).

If cleaving 3 mobs/enemies you get 75hp per swing and you swing twice per second so 150 hp per second. Thats better than Smite Condition healing and more than Passive Virtue of Resolve. If you are clearing camps in WvW or fighting in a Raid/Zerg battle you can easily cleave 3 enemies.

Zealous Blade healing

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Yeah, it’s pretty bad. Forget about the fact that you’re slow/have no controlling conditions to keep up with your opponent(pvp). 25/hit is pretty pathetic. I’d like to see it changed from per hit to per skill usage upon hit.

Example: Auto 3 people once, get healed once but the healing is significantly increased.

Zealous Blade healing

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Is the healing really that pitiful? I mean traited Smite Condition heals for approx 125 hp/sec (2000hp with a 16sec cd).

If cleaving 3 mobs/enemies you get 75hp per swing and you swing twice per second so 150 hp per second. Thats better than Smite Condition healing and more than Passive Virtue of Resolve. If you are clearing camps in WvW or fighting in a Raid/Zerg battle you can easily cleave 3 enemies.

MF heals also do not have an on-hit requirement and are burst heals. You’re taking a measurement based on the best-case scenario, which almost never happens because you’re not going to be hitting every attack every second, let alone on 3 targets. Beyond this, there’s also the fact that ZB heals are dependent on you being in melee range and you must be attacking to benefit from it, which leaves you vulnerable because you aren’t healing when taking defensive action (i.e. dodging).

Zealous Blade healing

in Guardian

Spartacus.3192

MF heals also do not have an on-hit requirement and are burst heals. You’re taking a measurement based on the best-case scenario, which almost never happens because you’re not going to be hitting every attack every second, let alone on 3 targets. Beyond this, there’s also the fact that ZB heals are dependent on you being in melee range and you must be attacking to benefit from it, which leaves you vulnerable because you aren’t healing when taking defensive action (i.e. dodging).

Ok i agree with the dodging part. I am using best case scenario, however, ive been testing it out in SilverWastes yesterday and im ALWAYS up against multiple mobs and if im using a GS of course im going to be in melee range otherwise i would be on my scepter. And in WvW taking camps its usually at least 2 mobs at a time.

I understand the burst vs tick heal, however its not insignificant. Having said all that it does need a bit of a buff.

Zealous Blade healing

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

If retaliation would trigger the healing proc, then it might be somehow decent. The fact that it doesn’t, and the another fact that we don’t have soft cc (QQ 2014) it should heal 1% of your HP pool on each attack (at least on burning enemies).

Oh, Merry Christmas to everyone btw.

Zealous Blade healing

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

also cleave count

And whirling wrath can heal as much as 25*14=350hp if all hits connect?

It’s more than that – WW has the potential of ( ( 7 * 5 ) + 7 ) * ( 25 * ( 0.02 + HP ) ) = 1050 healing without HP. ( That’s 7 * strikes with AoE on 5 targets + 7 single strike projectiles )

If you do all guardian skills on rotation, with AA in between and assume they all hit maximum targets, then it’s 14650 healing per minute ( 244/sec avg ).

with 1000 HP then it’s 26370 (440/sec)

Realistically you aren’t going to see anything like those numbers outside of PVE, especially as you can’t control when and how you do damage most of the time – but you can think of Zealous Blade as another added passive increase to the guardian health pool, like Virtue of Resolve.

It’s main problem is you don’t feel like you are getting much benefit from it

If you are interested in playing with the numbers, it’s listed in my Healing spready linked in my sig.

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

Zealous Blade healing

in Guardian

Spartacus.3192

also cleave count

And whirling wrath can heal as much as 25*14=350hp if all hits connect?

It’s more than that – WW has the potential of ( ( 7 * 5 ) + 7 ) * ( 25 * ( 0.02 + HP ) ) = 1050 healing without HP. ( That’s 7 * strikes with AoE on 5 targets + 7 single strike projectiles )

If you do all guardian skills on rotation, with AA in between and assume they all hit maximum targets, then it’s 14650 healing per minute ( 244/sec avg ).

with 1000 HP then it’s 26370 (440/sec)

Realistically you aren’t going to see anything like those numbers outside of PVE, especially as you can’t control when and how you do damage most of the time – but you can think of Zealous Blade as another added passive increase to the guardian health pool, like Virtue of Resolve.

It’s main problem is you don’t feel like you are getting much benefit from it

If you are interested in playing with the numbers, it’s listed in my Healing spready linked in my sig.

Thanks thats interesting to know. I tested zealous blade on my hybrid build in Silverwastes and i definitely notice some decent healing when fighting at least 3 mobs at a time.