Zerker guardian

Zerker guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Hi guys this is my build http://tinyurl.com/owp9t36 >> PVE
I want to get much healing , so I got AH and healing symbols.
I can’t use another utilities as they got too long cd.
I used to use spirit weapons build , but the update ruined it.
Any advices ?
Thanks

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

Zerker guardian

in Guardian

The Demonic Spirit.3157

So ? any ideas ?

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Zerker guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

First off, is this for WvW, PvE, or sPvP?

Geneerally speaking, I think you are spreading yourself too thin. I would switch 10 into zeal for 10 into radiance. Get the signet cd reduction to make signet of resolve more worth it. Plus, you get blind on virtue activation. Your uptime with burning isn’t going to make 10 in zeal worth it.

Also, there is no point in AH if you don’t go at least 5 into Virtues to get the additional boons per activation.

You only have one source of symbols, your healing symbol. But the idea of a zerker AH build is to let your boons do all the healing, so you shouldn’t have to rely on symbols—otherwise you are being really redundant (missing out on dps). There are other weapon choices you could use that would make better use of your high invested power.

I would look into 0/10/30/x/5. Switch our mace with sword or a 2-handed weapon such as GS or hammer.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Zerker guardian

in Guardian

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Hi I made some changes on traits as they were a mess XD
http://tinyurl.com/qd7fz3e >> PVE
I will keep the mace as it heals me via chain attacks and symbol.

Zerker guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Much better synergy. Although the missing 5 points in Virtues does break my heart a little :’)

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Zerker guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I think it’s a bit lopsided for two reasons:

1. You’re pairing the low damage Mace with a high damage gear load. If you have played a damage build on Guardian, you may be surprised with the comparatively low output of the mace, even with the setup you propose.
2. You’re pairing a high healing Mace with a low heal power setup. The heal and the regen is only as good as the heal power you match with it.

These two things lead me to question your choice of primary weapon. I get you want a lot of damage with some effective damage mitigation but I don’t think you may be aware of the limitations of the choices you have made. You might consider something more middle of the road weapon choice like hammer.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Zerker guardian

in Guardian

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Obtena > I got your point , but Hammer will get me killed as I won’t be able to use the 2 mace healing skills and I will lose the 15% critical chance from Right Hand Strenght trait.
Besides , Using hammer won’t let me to use focus ( heal/blind and 3blocks/damage )

Zerker guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

So use a sword. You get another blind for extra CC, you’ll do twice the damage, and ultimately need less healing. Mace is an abysmal damage weapon due to the lack of any cleaving on its third autoattack swing. It hits one target reasonably hard, and that’s it. Writ of the Merciful isn’t a very good trait anyway, you’d be better off with Pure of Voice since you’ve got shouts. This will allow you to run Shelter instead of Signet of Resolve since you won’t need the condition clearing from it anymore. Use Shelter strategically as another block.

Judge’s Intervention is likewise not a very good utility for PVE, I’d swap it out for Bane Signet when you don’t need to tank and Judgement when you do. You should also use that slot for Wall of Reflection when you’re up against lots of projectiles.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Zerker guardian

in Guardian

The Demonic Spirit.3157

So use a sword. You get another blind for extra CC, you’ll do twice the damage, and ultimately need less healing. Mace is an abysmal damage weapon due to the lack of any cleaving on its third autoattack swing. It hits one target reasonably hard, and that’s it. Writ of the Merciful isn’t a very good trait anyway, you’d be better off with Pure of Voice since you’ve got shouts. This will allow you to run Shelter instead of Signet of Resolve since you won’t need the condition clearing from it anymore. Use Shelter strategically as another block.

Judge’s Intervention is likewise not a very good utility for PVE, I’d swap it out for Bane Signet when you don’t need to tank and Judgement when you do. You should also use that slot for Wall of Reflection when you’re up against lots of projectiles.

According to wiki , signet of reslove heals 2x than shelter does , Symbol of faith ( hits 360? ) deals more damage than Zealot defense does ( hits just infront of you). Judge’s Intervention deals 3x more damage than Bane signet.
Any I don’t have any symbol traits !!! http://tinyurl.com/qd7fz3e

Zerker guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

The Bane Signet is for the passive, not the active effect. And the others are right – mace + zerker is a more than strange choice since they don’t fit together well. Use either sword/hammer/GS + zerker or mace + cleric and you will get better results. Besides, the hammer’s near-permanent protection will yield even better defensive results than the mace’s options in most cases.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Zerker guardian

in Guardian

The Demonic Spirit.3157

I changed my gear into cleric > http://tinyurl.com/nupd2le