any good dh pve builds

any good dh pve builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Nemesis.6938

Nemesis.6938

Any good pve builds? Builds without bow especially? Has anyone tried scepter shueld for example which sounds like it could work well? Or the combo of symbols and traps?

any good dh pve builds

in Guardian

Posted by: SirServed.5693

SirServed.5693

I’m running GS/LB with a DH/Zeal/Radiance build.

DH: Top, Middle, Bottom
Zeal: Middle, Middle, Bottom
Radiance: Top, Middle, Top

I use Procession of Blades, Test of Faith, Fragments of Faith, and Feel My Wrath. Choose whichever gear/heal works for you. My friend and I are running around with Soldier and pretty much mass pulling enemies for Trap/WW AoE. I use the LB when it’s not safe to melee, and he uses the LB when he wants to stand on top of a building and go AFK while shooting. Good luck.

any good dh pve builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Atlas.4509

Atlas.4509

How does Radiant Fire work when you don’t have a torch equipped?

any good dh pve builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

It just…does?

There’s no torch really involved in the animation. You just get blue flames around you and apply burning to nearby enemies.

edit Note from the wiki: Zealot’s Flame will trigger regardless of weapon used. However, when wielding a torch, you will gain access to the Zealot’s Fire sequence skill as if you had cast Zealot’s Flame from the skill bar. The two versions of the skill use separate cooldown timers, making it possible to use the sequence skill twice in quick succession.

any good dh pve builds

in Guardian

Posted by: xrisomilia.5769

xrisomilia.5769

It just…does?

There’s no torch really involved in the animation. You just get blue flames around you and apply burning to nearby enemies.

edit Note from the wiki: Zealot’s Flame will trigger regardless of weapon used. However, when wielding a torch, you will gain access to the Zealot’s Fire sequence skill as if you had cast Zealot’s Flame from the skill bar. The two versions of the skill use separate cooldown timers, making it possible to use the sequence skill twice in quick succession.

What the man said…
I go more supportive and use
Zealot 2-2-3
Virtues 1-2-3
Dh 1 or 2 depending on what you want -3-1 or 2

I don’t get that much of burst but my damage and survivability are really good considering I play full zerker with runes of scholar.

Proud member of eMoa(FSP)
Hells Blossom (main Necro)
Devine Fury (Mesmer-Roamer) [OMFG Member]

any good dh pve builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Nemesis.6938

Nemesis.6938

Well the zealotsfire throw is kinda the point no? Id probably go for the immobilize… i think a scepter shield build could work fine maybe

any good dh pve builds

in Guardian

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

This would be best. Scepter isn’t worth it with DH. I updated the sticky for HoT if you want more info.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJARTnsABlCh9CBedCEEhl4BrKA0AqXy7v+3CMLF1imRA-TBSBABPcAFoU9HzUCe1+jyD801QmSMAuUB59EACAcA87v57v57v/+7zP/8zP/8+93z/98fLFgeCrA-e

any good dh pve builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Dreary Yew.5187

Dreary Yew.5187

If you are taking the DH tree in Berserker’s and aren’t taking the LB, you are doing it wrong. LB is the only real reason to take the DH tree in PvE as it currently sits, unless you are playing a high healing power build to play as a healer alongside Druids. It’s worth mentioning that a healing DH is definitely viable thanks to the massive heal value and scaling on Wings of Resolve, as well as the reduced CD on Wings over Virtue of Resolve.

Here’s what I am using at the moment:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAT7el0AhShYhQwRIwPEL+Dl86P+xvVA8tPQ2DOhXIA-ThRBABXt/oMDLlG4pbAgnAAlq/YmSwAAHA/+b+23gnf+5nf+5u+3n/95fLFQEDrA-e

There are obviously some options here, like swapping the Scepter/Shield for GS, and swapping the Right-Hand Strength talent for Inner Fire if you aren’t using a 1H weapon. If a fight needs reflects or projectile absorbs, Shield is necessary, and drop Bane Signet for Wall of Reflection. With Wall of Reflection, Shield of Absorption, and Shield of Courage, you will have plenty of tools to deal with projectiles. The second sigil on your weapons is up to you, though I like Accuracy on the Scepter for 100% crit chance with fury.

[STUN] Guardian and Altoholic
i7 4770k Haswell 4.8GHz GTX 780 16Gb DDR3

any good dh pve builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

…unless you are playing a high healing power build to play as a healer alongside Druids. It’s worth mentioning that a healing DH is definitely viable…

Also, Aegis spam with Pure of Heart. 2xFoF is great for spreading around 2.5k ally heals in addition to the block.

Fishsticks

any good dh pve builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Valor, Virtues, Dragonhunter.

Sword & Shield / Longbow

Litany of Wrath, Judge’s Intervention, Procession of Blades, Test of Faith, Renewed Focus (or “Feel My Wrath!”)

any good dh pve builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Garimeth.8725

Garimeth.8725

Radiance, Zeal, DH.
Greatsword / Longbow.

In a group I use PoB, PF, and SYG and FMW. When soloing I run full traps (but keep shelter) and swap my first trait for the trap CD reduction.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJATRnsABddiNDBuCBEEhl4BrKA0AqXyFw+3C0KEkveUA-TBCBABVq+zZKBxa9RZmEPCAc2AAgrAQWKNyTHQAgDgf/NA88zP/8zP31/+8vP/bpAiYYF-e

Landing a an aoe CC, weapon swapping to GS, leap of faith into the pack, drop my symbol, drop PoB, and then use WW…. SOOOO much burst. Love it.

any good dh pve builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Darien.3867

Darien.3867

If you are taking the DH tree in Berserker’s and aren’t taking the LB, you are doing it wrong. LB is the only real reason to take the DH tree in PvE as it currently sits, unless you are playing a high healing power build to play as a healer alongside Druids. It’s worth mentioning that a healing DH is definitely viable thanks to the massive heal value and scaling on Wings of Resolve, as well as the reduced CD on Wings over Virtue of Resolve.

The Dragonhunter build works wonders with a Greatsword. The traps are very strong, but people seem to think they are designed to only work defensively. If you jump into the fray and drop them directly on enemies on cooldown, they work even better.

Leap of Faith + Symbol of Wrath + Traps = Lots of dead mobs.

any good dh pve builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Unknown.3976

Unknown.3976

Try using DH with melee wpns as ur main source of dps, with traps to augment ur dmg output. As Darien had stated, traps synergise incredibly well with GS; I’m personally using sword/torch (condi build), and traps works wonders with sword as well; teleport with Sword#2 skill → lay down a bunch of traps → break defiance bar → proceed to dps.

U might want to gear up on soldier + knight gear though, HoT is brutal to zerker builds, moreso if you’re playing melee.

any good dh pve builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Any good carrion-burning LB+X build out there?

I really enjoy playing carrion-knight burning guard in PvE right now but I still farm the points to unlock the Dragonhunter…

Is a Burn DH a viable thing? (ofc I know EVERYTHING is viable in outdoor but is it on-par with a non-DH burn guardian?)

Thank you for your advice!

#I no words have"

any good dh pve builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Unknown.3976

Unknown.3976

Any good carrion-burning LB+X build out there?

I really enjoy playing carrion-knight burning guard in PvE right now but I still farm the points to unlock the Dragonhunter…

Is a Burn DH a viable thing? (ofc I know EVERYTHING is viable in outdoor but is it on-par with a non-DH burn guardian?)

Thank you for your advice!

It’s still viable but not quite on par with a regular burn guardian.

For a DH burn guard, Radiance is still compulsory, so that leaves u with only one of the following options: pick virtue traitline to maintain ur burn dmg but that leaves u with little defensive capabilities. Or pick valor or honor for better survivability, but that means giving up on the supreme justice + permeating wrath traits. :/

So yes, DH is undoubtedly, a sub-par option for condi builds.

any good dh pve builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

I just realised that my question was absolutely stupid… I do not even play burn guard myself… I play a hybrid carrion+knight GS+Sw/T build…

But I don’t know… I do not really want to play a normal power based guardian anymore… Heck I did it for years. So I might stick to the sub-par damage…

Anyways thank you for your input

#I no words have"

(edited by Aggrostemma.1703)

any good dh pve builds

in Guardian

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

I just posted a burn DH build, it might be useful to you. I dont know how good it is compared to other builds.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Burn-D-H/first#post5683780

any good dh pve builds

in Guardian

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

Like Obal said previously, the meta dps build for guardian has been update and include DH replacing Radiance:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guide-DPS-Guardian-for-PVE/page/8#post5684551

any good dh pve builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Atlas.4509

Atlas.4509

It just…does?

Thanks for the clarification

any good dh pve builds

in Guardian

Posted by: phor.7952

phor.7952

If you are taking the DH tree in Berserker’s and aren’t taking the LB, you are doing it wrong. LB is the only real reason to take the DH tree in PvE as it currently sits,

I’m not so sure this is true.
Two of the main reasons why DH beats out Radiance in the meta build:
1) more dmg modifiers (27 vs 10%+10%crit)
2) procession of blades.

Neither of those has anything to do with bow.