best possible burning condi build

in Guardian

Posted by: skoezi.9472

skoezi.9472

Hi, i am a guardian from the start of the game, i have a good build, sort of condi build, but i want to ask what you guys think of a condi build.
Can you guys help me to make a condi build, that is the strongest it can get with condi, what armor, what trinkets, what weapons, sigils ec…..
I want the most dmg out of it, direct or over time.

I know i wil have to go burning, so a burning condi build is what i want, so i hope you can help me.

in Guardian

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

pvp?wvw?pve?
pvp go 6,2,6,0,0 meditation build , carrion, flame legion rune with doom and geomancy sigils
wvw can go the same (traveler if you roaming), or full dire can get 2k burning dps but lower direct dmg
pve not useful

in Guardian

skoezi.9472

i was looking for pve.

in Guardian

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i know in pve only zerk works
if you want to try then carrion is the closest to it

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

For PvE burning is niche.
People aren’t kiting you so there’s no reason to not go Zerkers. You could go full glass with high burn and raw damage but you’ll have a tougher time in dungeons for sure; likely to get 1 shotted on world bosses and such.

In short nobody really goes full condi in pve unless maybe if you’re roaming and doing non dungeon stuff. That said use what ever build you desire!

Carrion with Geomacy sigils are popular. You could even go Rabid + Torment sigils for more aoe condi damage.
Torment is buffed in pve

I highly recommend Purging Flames and Judge’s Intervention for utilities. I don’t recommend going anywhere near Permeating Wrath… you don’t need high procs of burning with PF and JI equipped.

6/2/6/0/0 medi, higher sustain build or 6/6/2/0/0 for higher damage. That’s where I would start for a PvE burning build.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ark.9586

Ark.9586

condi guardian in pve… lol

you can’t maintaing anything of significance besides burning… there is no condi guardian.

in Guardian

skoezi.9472

Oke i get it :p so what is the best dps build than ? Or maybe different posibility’s ?

in Guardian

Posted by: Miliko.5480

Miliko.5480

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

If you want crazy burning, something like http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVEQJArflsApSoNCxQIEERR8Qlj1fwLsBVHATwjiDA-T1xCABAcCAsU9H82f44HAQe6BSUJYWK/CAgAMzyMAO6RP6RP6RbmzcmzcmzsUAQssC-w is what you want. With full might and corruption stacks, you’ll get burn ticks of 1.5k , which isn’t the worst thing in the world if you can toss some burning on a lot of enemies. Its certainly fun to see how deadly that burning is compared to the everage burn tick.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I’ve seen a lot of people trying out sinister gear and having luck with it. Haven’t tried it myself, and certainly haven’t done any numbers so I can’t really tell you how it compares with zerk. It would be interesting though to see.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAsdRlsApSoFCxXI8DRR8Ql1YY7H0CVHANwjiDA-TBiAABWqE8alfAcCAiWfgO7PUt6POcIAG4JAQKA/UaB-e

If any situation requires Absolute Resolution it’s easy enough to put it in. Swap out utilities when required. The idea is to keep as much power and precision as possible while sacrificing ferocity for condition damage. I don’t know if the burning outweighs what the ferocity would give, but if you were to want DoT ticks of burning something like this is the way to go. Full condi won’t work, but a hybrid isn’t awful. Gearing for any vitality or toughness, like with carrion or rabid, would be a complete waste in PvE.

With full stacks of might and bloodlust, you’d be up to 3500 power and 2300 condition damage. The burning would be ticking for 1.2k while still putting out a good deal of direct damage. You’ll get perma-burning from the VoJ passive so just follow a standard dps rotation.

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

For the sake of theorycrafting, I was looking to see how condi damage could make up for the loss of direct damage, and going full condi results in less damage done in all the scenarios I ran.

Closest I could get were these two test builds:

Power
Condition

With averaged out damage via crit chance here is the break down in whirling wrath differences. A small sample, but just to showcase initial looks:

Power / Condi
DmgMod : 2.383821 / 2.255367
Damage: 3388 / 3234
Hits: 7 / 7
BurnDmg: 579 / 579
DmgDone: 8076 / 7293
Burns: 579 / 1158
Total 8655 / 8451

The “condi” build has 100% burn duration, so it resulted in double ticks. What this does not take into effect is fight duration and other applications of burning, such as procing VoJ and having longer sources of burning, or using things like purging flames or torch.

It also does not take into consideration, other players burning, condition caps, time to burn, multiple condition applications from weapon sigils, and so on. This was just a preliminary look to get an idea of how close to direct damage burning is.

So burns can get “close” but not there per say. Unless someone wants to plot out better builds and better combat breakdowns.

What I did notice is that a loss in precision and/or ferocity exasperated the gap between condi and power builds, so the extra condition damage did little to help condition build damage. If you go burns, hybrid is the way to go.

(edited by CMF.5461)

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Not sure if you mixed up the links CMF, but the only difference in the two are the runes.

The main concern I have with a hybrid build is what you pointed out though. How often your allies are putting down their own burning. I’m sure with an Elementalist there will be some at the very least. Not to forget that the guardian would have already been putting down burning as it is.

From what I gathered briefly looking at the numbers, the burning from the build I posted will net +700 damage a tick (full might stacks) over the meta zerker build. I didn’t go further into the math though and see the comparison of damage loss from no ferocity.

in Guardian

CMF.5461

Didn’t mix up links, that was the point. The condi builds lost over 1000 damage, this was the “closest” thing to zerker damage….pretty much just zerker gear/traits.

The rune changed and the weapon sigil changed to provide 2 burn ticks, everything else was obtainable for both builds without sacrifice.

Just noticed your build, will run rough numbers now. Stand by.

(edited by CMF.5461)

in Guardian

CMF.5461

With your build shanks:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNAsdRlsApSoFCxXI8DRR8Ql1YY7H0CVHANwjiDA-TBiAABWqE8alfAcCAiWfgO7PUt6POcIAG4JAQKA/UaB-e

DmgMod 1.631322
Hits 7
BurnDmg 957
DmgDone 5035
Burns 957
Total 5992

If we assume 2 ticks of burning with an easy trait swap from Powerful Blades to Radiant Fire, we get 1914 damage in burning bringing you up to

Total 6949

in Guardian

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

For the thread starter:

Something to consider for a casual-tier build is sigils that grant further condition application. Cheap entry level sigils include: Geomancy (AoE bleed on swap), Doom (Single target poison on swap), Earth (Chance to bleed on crit) or Blight (Chance to poison AoE on crit, weirdly long cooldown though).

These can give you a few more ways to apply conditions and a wider variety than just Burning. You’ll probably want to pair one with a Sigil of Corruption for the extra condition damage, but those are some cheap ways to tinker with your build.

That said, I’d highly advise going hybrid stats while you’re starting out. (The Rampager combo of Precision/Condition Damage/Power, especially) The Power stat will serve you very well in PvE.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Guardian

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Burning guardian is worthless in pvp too.

in Guardian

Posted by: Hero.2319

Hero.2319

Best possible build would actually be the one demonstrated in this video.
http://youtu.be/eheyozP7tfE

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Burning guardian is worthless in pvp too.

Not sure if trolling or you suck at playing burn guard.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)