best stat hands down

best stat hands down

in Guardian

Posted by: Orbys.4895

Orbys.4895

So right now I am a level 18 guardian. I have a level 90 armorsmith. So I prepared some level 20 armor with condition damage. I also used my level 90 jeweler to great all jewels for condition damage also. Now the problem is I read condition dmg isn’t very good because fire is easily removed. So..my question is straight up bar none what is the best stat to put on your armor weapons and jewels for gurdian? I don’t need full guides or anything..just the stat haha..

best stat hands down

in Guardian

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Well I doubt you need to worry about cleanses in PvE at level 18. That being said condition damage sucks anyway. Crafting level 20 armor is also a pretty bad choice since level 21+ equipment have both a major and a minor stat.

What stats to pick? I would probably go with any combination of toughness, power and vitality. Precision doesn’t work so well on low levels since you don’t have access to additional critical damage, and high power is the key to dealing DPS as a guardian anyway.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

best stat hands down

in Guardian

Posted by: Orbys.4895

Orbys.4895

Does a full vitality, or full toughness build hold any value? I know I wont be winning any dps races, but surely being a giant meat shield/wall has its perks?

best stat hands down

in Guardian

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

You will learn after a while as you become a more experienced player than vitality or toughness hold very little value in PVE and in most scenario’s make it worse and not better for your team since they don’t get any bonus from it, its hard to hold aggro, and stuff dies slower. It’s sad but the most useful way to build in this game is full berserker. Whether you die too much just depends on your playing ability

best stat hands down

in Guardian

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

for all classes while leveling:
power
vitality
toughness
condition damage
precision

take critical damage or condition damage only if it a secondary stat and the primary stat is power/vitality and never ever take gear with healing power

while you level up , precision on blues/greens have very little impact , so it is better not to have them.

best stat hands down

in Guardian

Posted by: Letifer.4360

Letifer.4360

Levelling gear for any class:
Everything with power + 1 weapon with Sigil of Bloodlust.
Upgrade your gear every 10 levels +/-
Power is “OP” like that for levelling.

best stat hands down

in Guardian

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

Power/learn to dodge animations

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

best stat hands down

in Guardian

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Power is, mathematically speaking, by far the most powerful stat in the game. Even if you’re an ele (with the lowest base health and base defense), power will amplify your play far more than any other stat. It’s honestly a mathematical fact.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

best stat hands down

in Guardian

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

So right now I am a level 18 guardian. I have a level 90 armorsmith. So I prepared some level 20 armor with condition damage. I also used my level 90 jeweler to great all jewels for condition damage also. Now the problem is I read condition dmg isn’t very good because fire is easily removed. So..my question is straight up bar none what is the best stat to put on your armor weapons and jewels for gurdian? I don’t need full guides or anything..just the stat haha..

There is no need to go for anything but power, precision and critical damage combination of stats in PvE for as long as you stay open-world and just level it to 80. You just want damage for that.
Things after that, are more intricate. You should decide what you want to be once you reach level 80, of course. But for now stick to plain, pure damage to cleave through mobs faster and get level 80 faster.

best stat hands down

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

for all classes while leveling:
power
vitality
toughness
condition damage
precision

take critical damage or condition damage only if it a secondary stat and the primary stat is power/vitality and never ever take gear with healing power

while you level up , precision on blues/greens have very little impact , so it is better not to have them.

This post is so wrong, I don’t know where to begin …

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

best stat hands down

in Guardian

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

For pve in general

Power
Precision
Crit damage
Toughness/Vitality
Healing power/condition damage

best stat hands down

in Guardian

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Does a full vitality, or full toughness build hold any value? I know I wont be winning any dps races, but surely being a giant meat shield/wall has its perks?

Not really. You would think so as a new player but it ends up not being the case. The open world enemies are very forgiving regardless of your build to level. Unfortunately if you get used to ‘meat shielding’ you run the risk of adopting a very passive play style.

Check out Obal’s videos for building your 80 Guardian to get an idea of the style of gameplay expected from a Guardian in a group. That said, it’s also a great way to level. You can unlock Justice is Blind and Renewed Justice early on to help you deal with mobs!

Between your evades and blinds you will be just fine :P This will free up your Aegis to use on your leveling partners!

Edit: Neglected to actually answer your question! Power is a great one to level early.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

best stat hands down

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

As the others said, Damage is king, esp while leveling. And this is coming from someone who likes the a more beefy build after 80. After 80 being beefier has some noticeable advantages (though the general MMO rule still applies, only go for defense until you don’t need it anymore, focus everything else on damage).

While leveling going DPS (Power main stat as people have said) will do a few things. First, you’ll complete those hearts and events in half the time. Sure you may die sometimes but running back once or twice on a particularly hard area is still faster than killing everything at half speed.

The second big thing it’ll do for you is force you to learn the game better. It’ll make you learn to avoid bigger attacks. So sure, it may be easier to be a bit beefy, but doing so will get you into bad habits instead of teaching you avoidance techniques. Eventually you’ll be expected to have a mastery of dodging and avoiding big damage even if you do go with a support build. So it’s better to learn while leveling when it’s generally more forgiving anyways.

So my advice would be to learn to play and level as a squishy, you can try the defense stuff at 80 if you need it, but maybe you won’t at that point thanks to the practice you got leveling =)

I’m rather new as well, but that’s what I’ve learned so far. I wish I had started focusing on utilizing my dodge more from the start, maybe I’d be a little better at the timing now, but I’ll get it down eventually. I like my durability, my group likes my build, but in the end we are slower than the groups that go full damage, and really not any smoother than the videos you see. The support builds have their uses but it’s mainly just accepting that you won’t be playing perfect and like a little extra safety net.

You should view the leveling process as a training grounds. And you don’t train to fail. You train for perfection, so work that way.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

best stat hands down

in Guardian

Posted by: Aedrion.6483

Aedrion.6483

Levelling gear for any class:
Everything with power + 1 weapon with Sigil of Bloodlust.
Upgrade your gear every 10 levels +/-
Power is “OP” like that for levelling.

This. Power and/or precision.