countering skull crack warriors.

in Guardian

Posted by: corruption.7425

corruption.7425

Heya so I’ve been doing only pvp in the past couple of weeks and i found a pretty decent build to match any class, im running 0/0/30/20/20 with full zerk gears using a gs and hammer, i can handle any class, even the condi mes, but when it comes to stunlock wars, i just get lost.. ive tried many builds the one that works so great against them is the spirit weapon build, weapons just thor them apart, but i find it too cheesy, so, would there be anything im missing out that could help me counter skullcrack war using a 0/0/30/20/20 gs/hammer build? Thanks:)!

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Yeah funny with the spirit weapon build. One of the weaknesses of skull crack builds is that it is very single targetted, so using ranged weapons to keep them occuppied is viable ( i suspect it’s more a case that no one is used to fighting them more than them being effective ).
You basically need to equip for blinds, blocks and stabilty. Sword tele, GS leap, focus 5 and trait for VoJ spam. Traiting into virtues for stability and make sure you have stun breaks.
Failing that running Melandru Runes can knock a second off the stun duration allowing you to dodge much of the burst and outside of sPVP you can also add roast lotus root for a total -65% stun duration making skull crack much less effective, even when they have paralyzation sigils

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

When I see stunlock Warriors, if I haven’t done so already, I put Stand Your Ground and Hallowed Ground on my bar. In addition to technically reducing their damage gained by traits and countering them nicely, it also allows your allies to be CC immune as well. It’s been a game changer many times for me.

Edit: I also have 10 in virtues so I switch to Master of Consecrations in this case.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Silver.8023)

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

SYG. Plus timing your blinds and dodges. Shouldn’t have a problem. Try giving s/f a shot. 2 blinds and a block/damage.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

full zerk gears

There’s your problem.

The mace/shield bunker warriors destroy berserkers at close range. That’s their thing. Either avoid them or range them down. Scepter/focus is quite useful, as it gives you blocks, an extra blind from focus and the immobilize from scepter, which is crazy useful if they aren’t running mobile strikes.

in Guardian

Posted by: corruption.7425

corruption.7425

I see, thanks alot this was really usefull:)) altough i also had a backup 1h dps build, 10/30/30/0/0 using sword/focus and scepter/torch, anyways thanks for the fast replies:)

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Scepter/focus and GS are your best bets. You can’t really engage with them unless you have Stability running. I find Guardians one of the easiest targets on my Skullcracking Warrior.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

Scepter/focus and GS are your best bets. You can’t really engage with them unless you have Stability running. I find Guardians one of the easiest targets on my Skullcracking Warrior.

In my experience, most guardians are really bad at 1v1.

Maid Of The Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

In my experience, most guardians are really bad at 1v1.

Guardians are good at 1v1 it’s just we have to try harder than other classes because we don’t have the mobility, CC, stealth etc that other classes have that allow them to take a breather before getting back in the game.

Guardian is a very ‘once you’re in you’re in’ kinda class and the only real options are killing everything or die trying.

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

in Guardian

Posted by: mambastik.8735

mambastik.8735

Guardians are good at 1v1 it’s just we have to try harder than other classes because we don’t have the mobility, CC, stealth etc that other classes have that allow them to take a breather before getting back in the game.

Guardian is a very ‘once you’re in you’re in’ kinda class and the only real options are killing everything or die trying.

They got pretty good mobility with the right weapons. I run with sword and a 600 range tele every 10 seconds is really good. 1200 every 20 seconds is still better than a dual-traited Mesmer Blink (reduce cooldown + increase range). With a GS, you’d be getting 1200 every 15 seconds. Not bad, granted there are targets to select.

in Guardian

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

They got pretty good mobility with the right weapons. I run with sword and a 600 range tele every 10 seconds is really good. 1200 every 20 seconds is still better than a dual-traited Mesmer Blink (reduce cooldown + increase range). With a GS, you’d be getting 1200 every 15 seconds. Not bad, granted there are targets to select.

Is that a joke?
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phase_Retreat

in Guardian

Posted by: mambastik.8735

mambastik.8735

Is that a joke?
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phase_Retreat

Do you even have a Mesmer? Phase Retreat blinks you backwards at about 300 range. The 1200 range you see is the requirement for a Clone to spawn, it is not the range of the blink. If you want to use Phase Retreat for traveling, you’ll need to keybind a 180 camera turn to face backwards, do Phase Retreat that blinks you forwards, then do another 180 turn to continue running forwards. Every 10 seconds. You can do that if you want, but it’s a hassle. And if you mess up, you’re 300 range behind.

(edited by mambastik.8735)

in Guardian

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

Heya so I’ve been doing only pvp in the past couple of weeks and i found a pretty decent build to match any class, im running 0/0/30/20/20 with full zerk gears using a gs and hammer, i can handle any class, even the condi mes, but when it comes to stunlock wars, i just get lost.. ive tried many builds the one that works so great against them is the spirit weapon build, weapons just thor them apart, but i find it too cheesy, so, would there be anything im missing out that could help me counter skullcrack war using a 0/0/30/20/20 gs/hammer build? Thanks:)!

Well you have 20 in virtues, I assume you’re picking up Indom. Courage? If not, definitely pick that up, also SYG is an obvious choice, as well as Renewed Focus.

I’m not a fan of the hammer, I prefer Mace / Shield, but Mace / Focus works well too. Since they need to be somewhat close to you, it’s easy to pop Symbol of Faith w/ Writ of the Merciful + Protection and Retal and wail on them when you can. It’s just important to keep your regen up while pressuring them as much as possible.

If they are running hammer, the attacks are easily telegraphed. A block, blind, or aegis works wonders here. If it’s Mace / Shield + GS, try to keep up stability when they are in mace, then punish them as fast as possible when they swap to GS.

Keep your retal up as much as possible and force them to stand in your symbols.

Other than that, it comes down to predicting the skull crack and staggering your stability, blocks, blinds, and your elite to mitigate the big hits, and try to soak the filler hits with your retal / regen / prot. Their healing signet means you can’t afford to back off of them.

in Guardian

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

“Guardians are good at 1v1 it’s just we have to try harder than other classes because we don’t have the mobility, CC, stealth etc that other classes have that allow them to take a breather before getting back in the game.

Guardian is a very ‘once you’re in you’re in’ kinda class and the only real options are killing everything or die trying."

This guy>They got pretty good mobility with the right weapons. I run with sword and a 600 range tele every 10 seconds is really good. 1200 every 20 seconds is still better than a dual-traited Mesmer Blink (reduce cooldown + increase range). With a GS, you’d be getting 1200 every 15 seconds. Not bad, granted there are targets to select." Is just tyring to make up for the lack of our mobility, we are subpar in mobility in this game compared to every other class. Dont let him fool you.

Crazy Leg

in Guardian

Posted by: TheChronicGamer.5149

TheChronicGamer.5149

“Guardians are good at 1v1 it’s just we have to try harder than other classes because we don’t have the mobility, CC, stealth etc that other classes have that allow them to take a breather before getting back in the game.

Guardian is a very ‘once you’re in you’re in’ kinda class and the only real options are killing everything or die trying."

This guy>They got pretty good mobility with the right weapons. I run with sword and a 600 range tele every 10 seconds is really good. 1200 every 20 seconds is still better than a dual-traited Mesmer Blink (reduce cooldown + increase range). With a GS, you’d be getting 1200 every 15 seconds. Not bad, granted there are targets to select." Is just tyring to make up for the lack of our mobility, we are subpar in mobility in this game compared to every other class. Dont let him fool you.

Please, please tell me you’re trolling. I have every class in the game at level 80, if you’re serious you have no idea what you’re talking about. Please play an engineer some time, or if you really want to feel slow, a mesmer.

Sword 2, GS 3, Staff 3, Retreat, SY! and the fact that boon duration is actually a very worthwhile stat for a number of viable builds means that if you’re ever lagging behind someone who’s not a thief, warrior, or ranger, you’re not using your kit right.

The only area where Guardians are even slightly lacking, balance wise, is build variety. We’re a top tier class. My warrior would be unstoppable with Guardian tankiness, my ranger would kill for our condition removal, and so on. We can’t have everything dude, be realistic.

youtube.com/user/NamasteGaming