did i get the wrong set of gear?

in Guardian

Posted by: shadowblazer.5742

shadowblazer.5742

i crafted my self a full set of knight draconic armor as i wanted to have good dps and some tankiness (weapons and rings/amulets are berserker) did i get the wrong set? or will my guardian still be decent enough in dungeons

in Guardian

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

Full knights is perfectly fine. Just fill any stat holes that you feel you want through trinkets and you’re good to go.

But I think having the rest as berserker is fine as is, you’ll just need to test it and see how it plays out.

in Guardian

Posted by: KensaiZen.3740

KensaiZen.3740

That’s actually an ideal starter set for most Guardians who want to be tanky and do DPS. Your on the right track ^_-

Winters Ascension The White Guardian
Sophia Theos Beast Master
[Fissure of Woe]

in Guardian

Posted by: GoZero.9708

GoZero.9708

In general, I suggest to all new Guardians to try Knights armor for the six armor pieces. After that, the weapon and jewelry stats depend on your build. A DPS Guardian would use Berserker, an even tankier Guardian would use Soldier or more Knight, and a supporter Guardian would use Cleric.

in Guardian

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

For a tad more input. I started with 100% zerk armor/trinkets. Most people that went straight for pvt and developed a crutch with their defense will argue the hell out of saying how bad that is. I find it forced me to play much better while giving me appropriate dps. I changed a couple trinkets around much later on, but that’s besides the point.

Basically, you are on a track for success and you will still be very key in your dungeon running. Clerics isn’t necessary, pvt isn’t necessary, etc. It’s about proper skill useage, encounter knowledge, and your own skill level. It’s also a very big plus that you’ll actually be doing damage unlike all the support and tank wannabes.

in Guardian

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

i crafted my self a full set of knight draconic armor as i wanted to have good dps and some tankiness (weapons and rings/amulets are berserker) did i get the wrong set? or will my guardian still be decent enough in dungeons

No, that’s good. It mostly depends on what your trait build is you can make up for some hp with AH build.

If you feel that you want some more hp you can add some ascended soldier’s jewelry.