does 'heal allies' heal yourself too?

in Guardian

Posted by: vincentvfx.1794

vincentvfx.1794

i have not been really able to tell in the heat of fighting. do things that affect allies affect yourself also (since obviously you are an ally)? there is like ‘heal allies’, ‘remove conditions from allies’, etc. thank you for info, i know it is kind of a simple question, but just too busy in battle and cannot tell from reading combat log.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

you are an ally so it affects you as well!

in Guardian

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

Ill just use hold the line as an example while it states it grants protection and regeneration to allies it also applies these to your self. In general i’ve found this to be true with most things.

in Guardian

Posted by: Edelweiss.9815

Edelweiss.9815

Cleansing Flame doesn’t cure conditions on the user. Healing Breeze… not sure, but I doubt the “heal allies” portion works on the user, since it also mentions the “heal self” value.

in Guardian

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

that’s a valid question, and I’ve been curious about that too. I also see mixed answers on here probably because both are right in a sense that it depends on the skill being used.

I would be great if the developers cleaned up the descriptions for the skills and made them more clear.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vulish.9683

Vulish.9683

-_- Yes it heals you also.

Try going out into a game and looking at your health bar with a little bit of missing life and try it. TEST IT OUT FOR BEARDS SAKE!

If people actually tested things, instead of wanting everything to be spoon fed to them, they would be better players.

in Guardian

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

If it applies to yourself as well, the tooltips need to be “heal/cure yourself and allies”. Usually the word ‘allies’ do not include oneself. Many tooltips in this game are so vague.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aramanth.1546

Aramanth.1546

That’s a great idea, Vulish! How about you get me a full set of Runes of the Noble so I can test out how many Krytan Hounds I can have and how long they last, and if I can affect them with my abilities.

The problem is not all “allies” means “you” as well. Sigil of water, for example, doesn’t heal you- it heals allies. I think someone should go through and just do a double check on terminology, so it’s all unified. Maybe come up with a new word to differentiate between “allies and you” and “allies”.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aramanth.1546

Aramanth.1546

That’s a great idea, Vulish! How about you get me a full set of Runes of the Noble so I can test out how many Krytan Hounds I can have and how long they last, and if I can affect them with my abilities.

The problem is not all “allies” means “you” as well. Sigil of water, for example, doesn’t heal you- it heals allies. I think someone should go through and just do a double check on terminology, so it’s all unified. Maybe come up with a new word to differentiate between “allies and you” and “allies”.

You say that like it’s hard. Doing that takes about five minutes in-game. You’d get a much quicker answer.

Getting 6 runes from a dungeon takes you five minutes?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ahmon.1730

Ahmon.1730

You say that like it’s hard. Doing that takes about five minutes in-game. You’d get a much quicker answer.

Getting 6 runes from a dungeon takes you five minutes?

Ah, guess it’s not on the free to test list. Carry on.