good guardian build......

in Guardian

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

Want something that can take hits, but also put out a little damage that hurts(taking hits is more important) and can do alot of group heals(and self)……..Sorry im so use to my GC warrior not use to guardian lol, but guardian is the next 80 i want. Please be detailed:).

in Guardian

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

I’d suggest just browsing these forms. Guardian builds are – not surprisingly – the most common theme here. There’s plenty to choose from. Just remember; what works for someone else won’t necessarily work for you. Just letting someone else do the work for you (e.g. copying their build verbatim) will rarely work for you in the long-term. Use one you like as a blueprint sure, but build on it and tweak it yourself to your own style, anything else and you simply won’t be realizing you character’s potential.

in Guardian

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

AH Crithammer

in Guardian

Posted by: Togur.9306

Togur.9306

in Guardian

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

In the future you should specify pve/spvp/wvw…

There are a lot of builds in here… most guard builds have some damage mixed with toughness… the ratio of how much of each that you want will take some testing on your part. Gear makes up a large part of that. I find that knight’s gear is especially good for a balanced guardian… but I do have other things mixed in to add in some more survival/hp as our base hp is low on guardian.

My advice… get yourself some knight’s & valk rares and just test various build out since you’re new… you can always salvage them after and get ecto’s back which you’ll need for your exotics anyways (unless you do it through dung’s, then just sell them back for about what you spent on the rares in the first place)

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Guardian

Posted by: Kindread.9481

Kindread.9481

AH Crithammer

My wifes been playing a Guardian for about 2 months now. Shes tried several builds, her two favorites so far have been Mace/Focus AoE group healing. She found she could outheal pretty much anything thrown at her with a good Vit/Tough/H.Power gear set, but did very little damage. She then switched over to the aforementioned “Crithammer” build and has really enjoyed it. She did find some of her survivability went down, but her kill speed nearly doubled!

If your primarly PvE (we dont PvP) you may want to consider this.

in Guardian

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

Sorry about that, was meaning for mostly PvE, with a lil tiny tiny bit of WvW thrown in once in awhile, also not 80 yet, only level 21 atm

(edited by karma.8763)

in Guardian

Posted by: Mouse.3271

Mouse.3271

You’ll probably want to end up with something like the Brutaly AH Hammer build (that actually works with many weapons despite the title). It’s stickied at the top of the forum.

You’ll want the 30 right into Valor. Not only is the passive Toughness increase necessary, but there are a bunch of traits within the line that will keep you alive and kicking.

Put at least 5 into virtues to boost boons granted, and to give your boon uptime a little push.

From there you have choices. You can go Honor and build your healing power, or a little into Radiance to stack some crit. Because your tri-stat choices almost always will have some, going into the Zeal power line isn’t really recommended, especially as I find some of the traits lackluster compared to other lines.

I personally run with a 0/15/30/20/5 build and find I have the right balance of threatening damage and the ruggedness to take hits from even the nastiest things. Just know that with an all-around build like mine, you’re not going to have the raw crit power of a full DPSer nor the uptime of a defensive tank. But you’ll have a decent foot in both categories and can hold your own.

If you’re in your 20’s, you can only choose a couple stats. Mix precision with toughness with a couple of vitality jewels, IMO. You need to learn to work with a low-ish health pool and cycle your boons properly. Once you can pick tri-stat gear, you can’t go wrong with Knight’s (Power, Precision, Toughness) with a couple Valkyrie’s (Power, Vitality, Crit damage). You can mix some Power/Toughness/Vitality in as well, but know you’ll be sacrificing a bit of damage for it.

Hope that helps!

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I think the 0/15/30/20/5 build is a great choicefor most people. Does everything and can switch between ah and monks focus for variety.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)