guardian wvw build healer

in Guardian

Posted by: BALA.1520

BALA.1520

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUMQJASWlUgyD33xKEfIFRuA7DAETBGz41jE6QGC-jECBoNBiYIQZRFRjtIcasVXBRvATpiIq2loIa1SBcxYA-w

the sustain on this build is insane..
and the aoe healing on dodge with 25 stacks healing comes around 1.6k / 1,7k

and the selfheal makes up for the low vitality so that is no real problem.

discuss.

updated build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUMQJASWlUgSD33xKEfIFRuA7DAETBGz41jE6QGC-jEyAotARMAoGQZxioxWBLiGreBTpSEV7SKiWtMAMjB-w

Joe Bracco

(edited by BALA.1520)

in Guardian

Posted by: Skarloc.2569

Skarloc.2569

I’m not really sure where you’re trying to go with this build. Are you trying to be a solo heal spec, or is this some type of weird support spec? You’re clearly going for some type of support build, but I’m confused as to some of the choices you make.

I like your weapon combination for support, only you put Sigil of Stamina in both of them in a build that isn’t really great at killing people. The only way to really make that work is just tagging players hoping that someone else gets the kill. You’re much better off with Energy instead, it’s much less random than your current setup.

Your Crit Chance is 11%, and your Crit Damage is 30%. You have a good amount of Power, but it’s not elite. One of your weapons does terrible damage, and you don’t really have any traits that can really augment your ability in combat. Your consumable choices are just wrong for this type of setup. You need to realize you’re going to do terrible damage and try to get more survivability and Precision, especially considering Vigorous Precision is going to be needed to keep up those dodge rolls for healing. Take Maintenance Oil and a food that would give you some Vitality.

It’s great that you have so much healing power, but you should really consider adding some Sentinel gear to your lineup. Your health pool is atrocious, and as good as AH is, high damage classes are just going to chew you up. No offense, but healing is a lot more effective when your health pool is more than an Eagle Raptor.

Speaking of AH, it’s probably going to be more effective if you run an all shout build, especially since you’re using Superior Aria. Which brings me to my next point, why not go 30 in Honor for Pure of Voice? Condition removal plus boon application would do well in this build, but you don’t have it. You have 15 in Radiance, for some odd reason, so just drop 10 out of it and put it into Honor. More Vitality and Healing Power, and traits that don’t suck.

Also, change your Runes up a bit. If you’re trying to get Boon Duration, go 2 in Superior Water and Monk, and 2 in Major Water to get the most out of it.

Biggest problems I see is the complete neglect of Precision and Vitality, as well as going as high in Radiance as you did.

[PAXA] Skarllok – 80 Mesmer/ Skarrlloc – 80 Guardian
[FUN] [FUN II] [Jonathan Taylor Thomas] – DAoC, WoW, WAR

in Guardian

Posted by: SmallCat.7413

SmallCat.7413

If you just heal yourslef,i think you don’t need too many healing.Get PTV let your health get to 17000+ at least.
In honor trait,you can chose empowering might,and get some PPT.Critical hit will heals you.
I think “save yourselves!” need “contemplation of purity” help.there is burst clean con.
Your sanctuary can’t use ground targeting, chose another skill is better,for example “stand your ground” .

(edited by SmallCat.7413)

in Guardian

Posted by: Blazin Blunt.6908

Blazin Blunt.6908

I have to guards specced to do 2 different things in WvW. 1 is for small group roaming and mainly focussed on doing damage, and the other one is escpescially designed for support;

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUMQJASWlYgyC33xKEm4ES2jVCBTQsHYUG1RXFSIA-jUCBoNBi+IQZPFRjtsNsVXBp8Ka6FYKVER1uEFRrWGAzxA-w

You won’t hit very hard but you will outlast most hostiles and revive, heal and support your teammates.

Talic the Protector – 80 Norn Guardian
Blunt of Balthazar – 80 Human Guardian
Khan of Feurt – 80 Charr Necromancer

in Guardian

BALA.1520

i havent really explained good for what this build is.. and also the lack of cond removal is still bad so im gonna use rune of melandru.

the build is for support in large fight and i do not think adding more vitality will get my survivability up.

the healing from this build is incredibly good.. 1700 dodge rolls and my f1 recharge on kill causing blind/vulnerbility.. also healing myself for 1200 and giving 3stacks might to allies.. wich will happen ALOT.
even though im no killer.. but with constant 10/15+ stacks might i infact do damage, with staff its still pretty poor but thats only for the support.
my hammer does have some good dps overal.

giving up healing power for vitality is not good.. ive tested it myself as i also have full pvt gear my survivability is so much higher with the healing power.
and with having around 400 hours on my guardian i can tell its better for me atleast.

it happens alot in a fight that i can perma dodge/f1 spam so with my 13.5k hp i can outlast every melee guy in the raid. NO JOKE.

i have tested the 0/0/30/30/10 and also 0/0/30/20/20 virtue for the f2 cond removal.

wich is good but this build just added more survivability for me and even more support of the cost of cond removal tho. thats for me only problem with the build.

and i agree the cookies are not the best choise, but i think the runes were in place giving my shelter a 7k healing if i dont block any attacks, cus of the 3stacks might to allies with healing skill.. and with every block adding more hp.

but seriously why do u think having more vitality then healing power gives more survivability? the healing i get from every skill i do is outstanding.

and oh ye empower 60×84(ah) 5040+3k from final heal also AoE.. giving myself a 2nd healing skill for 8k on 16sec cd is just amazing.

so there it is survivability is not any problem, damage overal still decent.

Joe Bracco

in Guardian

BALA.1520

i have adjusted the build a bit.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUMQJASWlUgSD33xKEfIFRuA7DAETBGz41jE6QGC-jEyAotARMAoGQZxioxWBLiGreBTpSEV7SKiWtMAMjB-w

now with bowl of lemongrass poultry soup and rune of hoelbrak
also increased the power to be more dps. and utilitys are also for own choise but i enjoy these.

Joe Bracco

in Guardian

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Your title is a little misleading. This isn’t much of a healing build or what I would expect from a wvw healing build. This is more of a support build that has been posted and talked about since....release by Brutaly and I forget the other guardian player that had videos that showed this build off.

This is a half-kitten support build with greater support for the guardian only.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

in Guardian

BALA.1520

not much healing build?
go run 3 of these guardians in frontline and healing up all ur melee guys with 1700 dodge rolls f2 3k healing many many stacks might 100% uptime protection.

who can aoe heal better? please tell

also yes the support isnt top for group.. im focused on the healing and keeping myself alive

Joe Bracco

(edited by BALA.1520)

in Guardian

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Dodge rolls are closer to 1.5k, VoR is about 2700 on a long cd, you will not produce crazy might with staff alone and use them effectively unless you empower then weapon swap to hammer right away every time. even with empowering might your crit is too low to proc efficiently. The same will happen to your vigor proc. You bring very little condition cleanses and rely on 60% condition duration reduction to help your <14k health last. Nothing about your build even brings group support. This is a solo build. A 1v1 build and I wouldn’t use shouts if I was 1v1. You will have nice protection/retaliation uptime with your light field and blast finisher as long as you can stay within your symbol for the 2 seconds it’s up. It’s iffy.

(edited by ArtemisEntreri.4138)

in Guardian

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

If only dodge rolls had a range of more than 100. It’s also funny how you make it out like a 1500 heal every 10s is a lot.

in Guardian

ArtemisEntreri.4138

If only dodge rolls had a range of more than 100. It’s also funny how you make it out like a 1500 heal every 10s is a lot.

He might be able to pull off a dodge heal every 5 seconds if Vigor can stay up but he’ll need outside help with that. More if he threw Sigils of Energy on the weapons.

But like what Yaki said. Your low crit will proc vigor for 5 seconds giving you 50% endurance regen but the consistency this will happen is low with your crit chance. Your damage has no burst. Your AH heals will come from your activation of Virtues, symbols, and stand your ground. I understand the direction you’re going but you might be more effective going more offensive with gear and defensive with traits. It’s just my recommendation but if this is how you want to play, by all means, go for it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Cleric’s Gear/Magi’s Gear, Swap out stamina, for energy sigils, and include protection, and perma vigor when you run Boon Duration Runes. SY will allow you to proc Vigor while granting vigor as well. So calculate all that,and say 1500 heals isn’t alot.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Or…just look at the healaway thread and adapt what suits your play style.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

BALA.1520

i really cant believe what u guys say.. energy sigil over stamina sigil?
ok u better start using stamina as u have no idea how much dodge rolls u can do..
f1 is to keep might up on kill btw.

i have perma vigor no matter what u say.. 11% but most time have fury> 31% with staff use 1 time i get my vigor and it will stay till the end of battle.
maybe u forgot that all guardian skills are good aoe and just 1 crit is needed of the atleast 5 ppl i hit. EASY.

if my stamina sigil just procs 1 or 2 times its already better then the energy 50% endurance every 9 seconds?? REALLY??? hahahhaa u make good joke.

getting 100% endurance every kill beats ur energy sigil.
this is not a solo build trust me.. i agree the support is abit meh but the healing is great.
not the best healer but enough to keep myself and some melee guys alive

and i do agree with having no cond removal sux.. but just not enough trait points :P
i have not yet encountered a big problem with conditions tho as i easily outheal them

Joe Bracco

(edited by BALA.1520)

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

i really cant believe what u guys say.. energy sigil over stamina sigil?
ok u better start using stamina as u have no idea how much dodge rolls u can do..
f1 is to keep might up on kill btw.

i have perma vigor no matter what u say.. 11% but most time have fury> 31% with staff use 1 time i get my vigor and it will stay till the end of battle.
maybe u forgot that all guardian skills are good aoe and just 1 crit is needed of the atleast 5 ppl i hit. EASY.

if my stamina sigil just procs 1 or 2 times its already better then the energy 50% endurance every 9 seconds?? REALLY??? hahahhaa u make good joke.

getting 100% endurance every kill beats ur energy sigil.
this is not a solo build trust me.. i agree the support is abit meh but the healing is great.
not the best healer but enough to keep myself and some melee guys alive

and i do agree with having no cond removal sux.. but just not enough trait points :P
i have not yet encountered a big problem with conditions tho as i easily outheal them

To each his own, though the difference between Energy and Stamina is Energy lets you use it on demand, when you really need it, stamina needs the grounds of having to have tagged something before it’s killed to get the Endurance refill, and is by far to Dependant on your team to do the killing if you lack the proper damage.Though the sigil is good, not saying it’s bad at all really. you can always grab both sigils if you’re running a 1h weapon, if you don’t want 5% Damage or Crit Chance on your off hand. Also this is true you will out heal most condtions though the only one you will have a very bad time with is condition bombing, that will always ruin your day, even with Condition Removal.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lucentfir.7430)

in Guardian

Posted by: Tien.3865

Tien.3865

I think you guys underestimate how often the Sigil of Stamina can proc in zerg vs zerg battles, (assuming that the OP is in a zerg-heavy server of course) where people are dying left and right and you’re using a staff to tag them all. Also, the crit chance may be low, but Vigorous Precision procs more often than you’d think because the staff can hit five people with every auto attack (though without boon duration you have much less vigor uptime).

Also, if I’m reading the OP’s mind correctly, the 15 points in Radiance does serve a purpose. Because of it, each use of VoJ will proc:

-Burning on 5 enemies
-Blind on 5 enemies
-Vulnerability on 5 enemies
-Might on you
-Retaliation on you (if you put 15 points in Virtues, which I would actually recommend)

Plus, VoJ will rest on every kill, so you can do this pretty consistently.

If you’re willing to make some big changes to your build, I would actually take away the last 20 points in Valor (keeping 10 in it for Strength in Numbers) and put 10 of them in Honor and 10 in Virtues (to get 15). You would lose Purity and Altruistic Healing, but both are unnecessary and “selfish” imo (and AT is just overkill with this build). Consider what you’d gain with the points in Honor and Virtues.

The ten additional points in Honor will not only give you more vitality and healing power, but it will also grant you the minor trait Elusive Power (which synergizes well with your build) and the major trait Pure of Voice (for team support and much needed condition removal, eliminating the need for Purity). The 10 additional points in Virtues will lower the recharge on your virtues, increase boon duration, and give you the traits Vengeful and Virtue of Retribution. With all your healing power, people will be hard-pressed to stop you if you’re also running with pernament retaliation.

I’d also suggest replacing the Hoelbrak runes (a weird choice of runes imo) with boon duration runes to give you and your team some nice, long-lasting boons with your shouts. You’d also be free to switch out Smite Condition for another shout (Hold the Line preferably, for the protection and regen). Watch out for boon stripping though.

Borlis Pass solo roamer

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

I use Sigil of Stamina soley for zerg vs zerg.

I am yoda once we start killing stuff.

Claiming it hard to tag stuff w/ a staff is ridiculous.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

ArtemisEntreri.4138

I use Sigil of Stamina soley for zerg vs zerg.

I am yoda once we start killing stuff.

Claiming it hard to tag stuff w/ a staff is ridiculous.

How much endurance does it refill?

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Full……………

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Full...............

Mother of god....

Why doesn’t every guardian have this sigil on their staff then? I had no idea... Thanks Bala for the heads up. I will keep my energy sigils on my weapons but the staff definitely needs the stamina sigil.