hammer/mace+focus

hammer/mace+focus

in Guardian

Posted by: Kangataz.6842

Kangataz.6842

I just recently played around with this set. This is soo awesome for PvE. I spec 0/10/0/30/30

I do a symbols build(larger, heals,longer).

What do people recommend with this….I am torn between 30 in virtue versus 30 in valor?
I would think AH build would make him even more unstoppable at face tanking. But on the other hand virtues is nice at giving that 30% boon duration…and VoR.

Playing symbols is nice! Eles can practically crowd around me against champs and be alright

hammer/mace+focus

in Guardian

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

A lot of AH guard’s i’ve seen use a 0/15/30/20/5, or 0/5/30/30/5 build with boon duration rune’s. I havent tried it my self as i like other rune’s personally better, but i do know with both of those builds its possible to keep protection up 100% of the time with just the rune’s.

hammer/mace+focus

in Guardian

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

If you’re going 30 in virtues mainly for the boon duration, you might want to use a boon duration rune set (in addition to/replacing your virtues investment):

• 2x Superior Rune of the Water (+15% boon duration)
  • 2x Superior Rune of the Monk (+15% boon duration)
  • 2x Major Rune of the Sanctuary (+10% boon duration)

Other possible Runes to mix in: 2x Major Rune of the Water (10% boon duration), 2x Major Rune of the Monk (10% boon duration)

If you wanted to invest for an AH build, I would get your crit rate up with gear, so that you could take advantage of the crit damage that comes with the valor trait line. Also, I would drop the longer duration symbols and get empowering might (honor trait line) to have yet another form of boon application. Your boons should be lasting long enough before the next symbol drop, anyways.

hammer/mace+focus

in Guardian

Kangataz.6842

If you’re going 30 in virtues mainly for the boon duration, you might want to use a boon duration rune set (in addition to/replacing your virtues investment):

wow do these runes stack?? that seems really cool in theory

hammer/mace+focus

in Guardian

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

Yep, I use these on my ele and engineer, who have +70% boon duration (40 from runes; 30 from traits). It even shows up on your hero panel.

I may get one for my guardian when I get my 2nd armor set, but for now, I’m using soldier runes for the condi cleanse w/ shouts, since my current build is based around that.

hammer/mace+focus

in Guardian

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I use these runes myself. They do Stack. Not only do you get perm protection / might depending on your build. You can keep perm speed boost for long runs using the staff skill 3.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

hammer/mace+focus

in Guardian

Kangataz.6842

And just to add to the topic, the damage from symbols alone without traiting in Zeal is pretty good. I never realized this that just doubling up on the symbols means I am free to cast other skills because the symbols are continually doing the damage for me. Love symbols! Hmmm makes me want to try zeal….symbolic power….

hammer/mace+focus

in Guardian

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

Throw a Hammer Guard in a group and all your melee become tanks. 2x Sup Rune of the Earth and Writ of Persistence gives you 100% Protection as long as you’re hitting stuff. Writ of Exaltation so everyone has a spot to stand and your target stays in it.

Symbolic Power isn’t bad, 25/15/0/30/0 works well with Hammer.

I run 10/25/0/30/5 for more damage. Fiery Wrath + Raidant Power + Elusive Power + Empowering Might + Inspired Virtue adds 30% damage across the board and stacks Might for more damage. I run this in mostly Zerker gear with a few Soldiers mixed in and I can still face tank a lot of stuff.

Hammer, IMHO, is the ultimate PvE support weapon for melee. Its sustained damage is comparable to GSword too, at least that’s what I’m seeing.

GL
Blood~

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”