help me fine tune a guardian build

in Guardian

Posted by: Lenn.6347

Lenn.6347

ive been following this guide: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guide-PVE-Guardian-202-Leveling-and-End-Game

and i was wondering how it translated into end game. is it viable? can it hold its own in PVE, dungeon, or wvw? im mostly looking to be a jack of all trades damage guardian, with AOES, and a great sword.

i really like the way this one plays, but id like to learn if it’s efficient before i take it to 80. im 69 now.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

At a glance, it looks prety similar to what most people run and should work fairly well for all content. It isn’t bad and, if it matches your playstyle, then it is probably pretty good. Personally, I’m not a greatsword-style person, so it isn’t mine, but it is still remarkably similar to what I run.

If this is the direction you’ve been heading, by all means, ride it out to 80. If it isn’t working for you after you hit 80, then it is only 3s50c to respec, so the risk is pretty minimal.

Edit: After taking it to 80, if it doesn’t feel like it is working, practice on the PvP golems in the mists—free respecs and limitless free gear do a lot to help fine-tuning.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

in Guardian

Posted by: Lenn.6347

Lenn.6347

i also would like some assistance on a secondary weapon. i really like focus offhand, but wasnt sure if i should continue sword, or go hammer, or mace, or what have you

in Guardian

Posted by: andybmcc.8751

andybmcc.8751

I swapped from GS to Hammer a while ago, and it made me an absolute juggernaut. The near 100% protection uptime is amazing. It’s best utilized in a crit/AH build though. The Sword/Focus is a good off-combo, you’ll get a gap closer + blind, as well as the extra blocking. Scepter/Shield is also another good off-combo, as you’ll have range attacks, a pushback, and some extra healing so it’s OK for kiting. Mace is kind of lackluster IMO ( except for the block bug ).

in Guardian

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

If you want a focus offhand, it sounds like you’re aiming for survivability. Mace (party healing) or scepter (as a ranged weapon it is a little lacking, but it gets you out of melee if you need to save your skin) would be a good match for these. A 1-hand sword will give you a lot of defensive capabilities, perhaps more than you actually need.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]