higher level fractals

higher level fractals

in Guardian

Posted by: Tweekin.1349

Tweekin.1349

I just tomed a guardian up to 80 and threw my ascended gear on her, I’m running gs / mace+focus with full zerker

I started doing scale 45+ fractals. I have 12k hp and am getting almost 2 shot by some creatures. anybody have any advice? i didn’t have any issues at all with my warrior in full zerker, but for some reason my guardian seems extremely squishy in comparison

higher level fractals

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Blinds, all trash you can blind with VoJ traited, Sword2, Focus4, and GS3. Rotate Aegis/blocks and keep protection up as much as you can on bosses (hammer is quite handy).

Warriors have a LOT more health than guardians which makes them quite a bit more durable. Guard isn’t quite as squishy as Ele or Thief but it’s close. Guards are very defensively sound though in that we have a lot of tools to avoid damage all together with aegis, blinds, and reflects, you just have to defend yourself actively rather than just having it passively like you do on warrior.

higher level fractals

in Guardian

Posted by: Wigglesworth.2751

Wigglesworth.2751

I main a Dragonhunter, I use half marauder half bezerker, you do have to keep on your toes keeping up your protection skills – I use Longbow and Scepter/Focus, I mostly use Longbow cause its great being ranged.

higher level fractals

in Guardian

Posted by: Tweekin.1349

Tweekin.1349

I appreciate the replies. Blinds are something i’ve definitely been overlooking. I haven’t unlocked the whole dragonhunter tree yet unfortunately, but I’m sure i will enjoy some longbow action when i do.

I have gotten a little better with practice. Slowly getting used to having a lot less hp than my warrior

(edited by Tweekin.1349)

higher level fractals

in Guardian

Posted by: Cadmus Ray.8631

Cadmus Ray.8631

What weapons are u using?

Some tips:

if against ranged mobs, shield5 is really really good right now for absorbing hits. Trait it to get reduced cooldown. This + spirit weapon shield and wall of reflection makes u near invulnerable against ranged.

if u specced dragon hunter, your F3 active is also very handy in blocking frontal attacks to buy you a few precious seconds until u get enough energy to dodge heal or activate ur healskill. Shelter is really good all around for blocking predictable damage, but the heal amount is pretty low compared to purification. Purification is better suited for PVP due to the daze and added utility of being able to trigger it.

Mace 3, and focus5 are also very handy blocks with good spike potential.

as far as PVE stats go, throw in a little toughness and vitality to make u a little tougher until u get comfortable going back to zerker/marauders. personally, PVE wise, i prefer going condi because burning is really really good atm. You can splurge on vit if you are going condi.

tldr apart from our blinds, well-timed blocks and invulnerability and reflects make max HP not as important.

(edited by Cadmus Ray.8631)

higher level fractals

in Guardian

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

I just tomed a guardian up to 80 and threw my ascended gear on her, I’m running gs / mace+focus with full zerker

I started doing scale 45+ fractals. I have 12k hp and am getting almost 2 shot by some creatures. anybody have any advice? i didn’t have any issues at all with my warrior in full zerker, but for some reason my guardian seems extremely squishy in comparison

This might come as a stupid question but… Do you have agony resistance on you? Without AR you must be getting between 53% and 74% more damage. Might wanna check this if not https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony_Resistance being 2 shot in lvl 45 doesn’t sound right.

When it comes to FotM I prefer running with my PS Warrior, even if Guardian is my main. I only switch if there’s another PS in the party. Reason is that banners and permanent 25 Might stacks help a lot more towards party damage than what I would do with my Guardian or even my Revenant (heavy armor classes ftw).