how is gaurdian and DH these days ?

in Guardian

Posted by: kikamukow.8357

kikamukow.8357

Hi all im returning player and just wanted to try a new class.

I wanted to try a long distance class and traps, so was wondering how the DH spec and longbow was ?

and wether it was better to try that over a ranger or thief for traps ?

i mostly play a necro and revenant and i play mostly story mode , PvE and WvW
just wanted something different this time.

in Guardian

Posted by: logan.5846

logan.5846

Longbow is total garbage, scepter is decent though. You might like a condi Ranger, they use a shortbow & traps.

in Guardian

Posted by: Rhaegar.5120

Rhaegar.5120

I join in for similar reasons: I’m returning after a year and I’d like to hear some opinions about the state of Guard vs. Rev vs. War in WvW
thanks

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

I join in for similar reasons: I’m returning after a year and I’d like to hear some opinions about the state of Guard vs. Rev vs. War in WvW
thanks

Core Guardian is still the spine of all WvW zergs and meta. Things might get shaken up with PoF when all sort of boon rip and blocking of boon application will take place. Potential of Firebrand support is heavily underrated in these forums (bringing stab spam, aegis spam and 33% stronger healing), we will see after PoF when everyone gets to test it properly. DH is okayish roamer, easy to learn, ok damage, but easy to counter too.

e: Oh also forgot to mention that Rev is a soulless and lazily designed profession that just stole ideas from all former professions what they should have gotten with elite specs back then and it tries desperately to be everything at once, be it condie, support, dps or healing. 1/5, you don’t wanna play that. Play Guard.

9 Guardians later…

(edited by Vikkela.7261)

in Guardian

Rhaegar.5120

Is Longbow really that bad: I’ve tried it in WvW and I find it really clunky and not particularly amazing when it comes to doing damage

Is there such thing as a DH build not using LB? thanks

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Speaking just about PvP…

DH is strong in the right hands. You need to understand that DH struggles against sustain professions the most. DH doesn’t have enough burst to easily blow up anything with sustain… Fights against sustain classes are winnable, they just take a lot of time. Guardian used to have an easy time against Thieves, but a good thief will give a Guardian a run for their money. PvP mobility has been decent ever since Rune of the Lynx was added. In WvW I still use Traveler runes.

I enjoy the class.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

Is there such thing as a DH build not using LB? thanks

You really don’t need to use LB as DH, most of DHs don’t use it anyway. If you want to play with range weapon, Scepter is still very strong, the dmg part is just awesome for a range weapon, no matter if you play it with condi or power builds.

in Guardian

Rhaegar.5120

what traits would you chose for DH without LB?

in Guardian

Posted by: Omcrazy.4756

Omcrazy.4756

what traits would you chose for DH without LB?

Probably 111, at least for pvp with no bow.

Piercing Light = more traps and slow, great for pvp.
Hunter’s Determination = solid anti-CC
Hunter’s Fortification = important condi cleansing and damage reduction

I would probably got 123 for solo pve, assuming no bow.

Hit up metabattle for fractal/raid guides.

EDIT: This all being said, I still like to use LB. Just can’t camp it. My issue with Scepter is you really need to get in close for your hits to actually land on a moving target. So close you might as well be melee. Its good, I’ve used it a lot, but I am not a fan of it at range. Its more just something you use while waiting for your swap to come off CD.

LB I can often get a few big hits in on people before they realize I’ve rolled up on them, maybe even dropping an LB5 if they are preoccupied. It either traps folks who are trying to stay on point, or it forces them off point and out of their own traps and wells and other mess. The trick is not to sit in LB forever. Your burst comes when you get in close. I love to roll up, LB2, LB5, LB4, LB2, swap to sword, Sword2 in close, ToF, Shield5, Sword3. Even if the combo doesn’t fully connect, if the enemy is focusing on your team that LB5 really messes up their day.

Never ever force an LB5 because you are a sitting duck. Only when you can safely get away with it. Also, kinda risky to swap back to LB when you are at range.

(edited by Omcrazy.4756)